/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not praying together, yet praying together?

Beardo
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Do you guys ever get this occurance...

So basically, I'm praying next to a brother. We started around the same time. Funnily enough, we both were coincidentally performing the motions at the same exact time. It's disturbing, so I tried to speed ahead a little.

Does this happen to you ever?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
09-06-2010, 01:54 PM
I've started at the same time as someone but never had the same problem as you.

Forget the person next to you - concentrate on your own salat.

Bro its disturbing if your thinking like that. Think of it this way, your praying on your own. It's not a race with the person next to you. So in future don't try to speed your salat.

I pray my salat slowly, now that I've learnt some rules of Tajweed. Also try praying your salat as it is your last prayer. You'll concentrate more.

Beardo
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
^ No, it's not that I'm TRYING to do a uniformed Salaah. It's just coincidental and I do find it distracting. Not trying to race, of course not. >_>

Alpha Dude
09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
So basically, I'm praying next to a brother. We started around the same time. Funnily enough, we both were coincidentally performing the motions at the same exact time. It's disturbing, so I tried to speed ahead a little.
This tends to happen quite often. What else can you do except avoid them. Try imagining yourself as the only one there. No need to speed up.

Another thing that happens a lot is when you go in sujood and your head gets caught in the thobe of the person in front.. :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-06-2010, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
This tends to happen quite often. What else can you do except avoid them. Try imagining yourself as the only one there. No need to speed up.

Another thing that happens a lot is when you go in sujood and your head gets caught in the thobe of the person in front.. :hmm:
That does happen. And it becomes very awkward as well. It should be fine, as long as you're not twisting your head upwards. Especially if he's wearing an izhaar/lunghi. :x

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Yes, it happens to me sometimes but I neither rush to complete before nor do I lengthen my Salah so as to let him complete first. It doesn't bother me. I don't care much about it...

Why is it that Rashad, you always get strange doubts...? ;D

abdussattar
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Just ignore that person? ^o)

AabiruSabeel
09-07-2010, 04:09 AM
:sl:

The weird thing is when that happens, a late comer thinks these two are praying together in Jamat and tries to signal one of them to move forward/backward.

kashmirshazad
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
hes probably been watching too much Knightrider!!

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
You tell me
Or maybe it that he sharing everything with us...:statisfie

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
That does happen. And it becomes very awkward as well. It should be fine, as long as you're not twisting your head upwards. Especially if he's wearing an izhaar/lunghi. :x
HAHAH....LOL

Another thing which often happens to me is 'The head-butt collision'.:exhausted

Seek to 7:10

You know what I am saying!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!