/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What actions?

User29123
09-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Salam brothers & sisters.

I have a question.

When you are late to a namaz and join the jamat you don't do salam at the end and you do some different actions. Now I don't know what to do here I was never told. So does anyone know what I mean, is there a Youtube video which can show and explain this?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manaal
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
If you are late for a congregational prayer......

and joined a the first rakah before the imam stands from rukoo you can say salaam (thsleem) in the end and that's it. You've missed nothing.

If you joined after the imam stands up rukoo, you have get up without saying the thasleem and pray one more rakah, say the tashuhhud and then do thasleem..

Similarly if you joined the second rakah before the imam stands up from rukoo, you have to repeat one more rakah. If you joined after, then repeat two. And so on.

Hope that's clear.

Ramadhan
09-16-2010, 06:35 AM
As sister Manaal already explained, basically you have to complete the the number of rakaah specified for each shalat.
So for example, if you join the jamaat when it's already in the sujood in the first rakaat, then after salaam, you have to get up and do another rakaat to complete 2 rakaat. And if you join in the sujood in the second rakaat, you have to get up after salam to do two more rakaat (because if you join after the imam gets up after rukoo, the rakaat is not counted).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!