/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Venue for Eid Prayer

Insaanah
09-10-2010, 07:33 AM
:sl:

This year, there are no provisions to pray Salaatul Eid in our local masjid. Instead, Salaatul Eid will be on the common inshaAllah.

The sunnah of the Prophet :saws: was to pray Salaatul Eid outside in an open space (Eid Musalla), rather than in the mosque.

“Allaah’s Messenger :saws: would go out on the Day of Fitr and Adhaa to the musallaa. The first thing he would begin with would be the prayer. Then he would finish, and stand up facing the people while they were sitting in rows. And so he would admonish them, advise them and order them. So if he wanted an army band to go out, he would dispatch them, and if he wanted to order something, he would order it. Then he would finish. And the people would continue doing this (after him).”
(Reported by Al-Bukhaaree (2/259-260), Muslim (3/20), An-Nasaa’ee (1/234))

From ‘Abdullaah bin ’Umar who said: “He :saws: would set out for the musallaa on the Day of ‘Eid while carrying a spear (‘anazah) in front of him. So when he would reach the musallaa, he would prop it in front of him and pray towards it (i.e. using it as a sutrah). This is since the musallaa would be a vast empty area, which had nothing in it to screen oneself with.”
(Reported by Al-Bukhaaree (1/354), Muslim (2/55), Abu Dawood (1/109), An-Nasaa’ee (1/232), Ibn Maajah (1/392) and Ahmad (no. 6286). The wording here is from Ibn Maajah, which has the most complete (wording), and its chain of narration is authentic)

It would be interesting to see how much this sunnah is followed nowadays (where it is practical to do so weather wise), especially in Muslim countries and also in non-Muslim countries.

Please indicate what your local arrangements are for Salaatul Eid.

Jazaakumullah khayr and Eid Mubarak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Thread Approved!

Can't vote yet! :)

abdussattar
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
In my country, Eid is performed in every mosque, as well as musallah.

I usually pray at the EId'gah(musallah)

Insaanah
09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
^ Jazaakallah khayr for approving the thread.

Alhamdulillah, about 4000 people turned up. Many non-Muslim passers by and drivers were watching with interest, some even took photos, the local MP (Muslim) also gave a speech and prayed, and newspaper reporters for the local papers were there too. There were a few spots of rain, but it stopped. The organisation was very good with thick plastic sheeting on the grass, carrier bags given out for people to put their shoes in. People were coming from every direction you looked, it was amazing. This was my first time praying in an Eid Musalla, and I can understand why this is a sunnah. Everyone felt it, the spectacle of Muslims, men and women, coming together in such large numbers is just amazing. And excellent da'wah to non-Muslims I might add, when they see us bowing and prostrating in unison, and they ask questions about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdussattar
09-10-2010, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
The organisation was brilliant with thick plastic sheeting on the grass, carrier bags given out for people to put their shoes in.
Mashallah.

In my country you have to bring your own prayer mat or buy brown paper sheets of you forgot to bring you own mat.

And a lot of footwear gets stolen

Beardo
09-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm praying it at a mosque in America!

I know some mosques are binding together and doing it outside of their mosque though.

Tilmeez
09-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Allhamdolillah, its a very nice 3id morning here. Last night's heavy rains washed evry thing including Musalla which was made in a play ground near our mosque.

We have good separate arrangements for men and women. There was huge crowd. Management gave us dates before Salat.

After salat we were served with Biryani and Rae'ta - the biggest motive that keep my daughter waiting for 3id salat :p

3id Mubarak my dear brothers and Sister.

Taqabbal Alallaho Mina wa Minkum

Ummu Sufyaan
09-11-2010, 05:00 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam,
yes, every masjid here seems to be doing Eid salaat/khutbah at the park. It becoming quite popular.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-11-2010, 05:29 AM
I thought of having a few dates before leaving for namaaz as a part of sunnah but I forgot. Also I forgot to wear a perfume. :( stupid me!

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Mosque in a non-Muslim country.

abdussattar
09-11-2010, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
I thought of having a few dates before leaving for namaaz as a part of sunnah but I forgot.
I had remembered but I couldnt find the date-box anywhere, so I ate one date from the sheer-khorma:hiding:

Musallah in a non-Muslim country for me.

Ramadhan
09-11-2010, 02:14 PM
In my country, people go to the bigger mosques (and they are big!) which had also prepared and marked the park outside and the streets surrounding with lines for prayer rows. We bring our own newspapers and prayer mats.
Even in my country where muslims are majority by far, it is still an amazing sight to see thousands and thousands of people walking together during sunrise towards the same destination.

abdussattar
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
In my country, people go to the bigger mosques (and they are big!)
Ooh I thought big mosques were small:><:

ardianto
09-12-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
In my country, people go to the bigger mosques (and they are big!) which had also prepared and marked the park outside and the streets surrounding with lines for prayer rows. We bring our own newspapers and prayer mats.
Small mosques in Indonesian cities usually are not used for Salatul Eid. So, people go to bigger mosques or to the parks/fields. And those "Salatul Eid on parks" event are committed by alliance of caretakers of small mosques in the area.

cihad
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
the eidgha is outside at our local stadium- on the tracks lol

smile
09-14-2010, 11:41 AM
made salah at an athletics stadium ...went for the first time ...so nice

Insaanah
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Eid Mubarak to all.

No prayer outside this year for us.

I hope a mod can re-open the poll and keep it open in case anyone that hasn't voted might want to.

Jazaakallah khayr.

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-30-2011, 11:21 AM
I cannot vote, please reopen the poll for me, I am jawan. lol

Ramadhan
08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I prayed my eid shalah in an outdoor field.
But this year is unique, because there are "two eid" days. Some already followed 1 syawal on 30 august, while others on 31 august. So in Indonesia, there are two eid shalah: on tuesday and wednesday.

Insaanah
09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Bump....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!