/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

muqarrib
09-18-2010, 06:00 AM
:salamext:

I recently got married in India. And my extended family members have put something called "Bandish" all around the house as "protection" for me.

This is putting stickers on the 4 walls of every room in the house and also above the main entrance to the house. I didnt pay attention much to it, but I believe they contain Names of Allah.

Needless to say, I was shocked that some of my extended family members are turning into Barelwis, putting this kind of Bandish, wearing Taweez, etc.

I tried to give Dawah to them - explaining that all this is Shirk. But the Bandish is still there in the house in India.

InshaAllah I will be going to India in a week - My question is, can I rip off these stickers and how should I dispose them?

Can I burn them, throw them in a river or do I have to do the Ruqya water method (like when disposing a Taweez)?

May Allah protect us & our families from all Fitna & Shirk.
Ameen.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.
JazakAllah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-18-2010, 01:11 PM
:sl:brother explain to them in a kind manner that it is wrong.. do not be harsh or speak in a harsh tone because no one is ever going to listen then and say that this is not right to put names of Allah for protection. give them a book even explaining its not right.

its okay you can leave the names of Allah on your wall as long as YOU DONT BELIEVE that these stickers can protect you but make sure they are the names of Allah and not contain something else because many muslims get these things off dodgy imams and they don't contain names of Allah at all, they contain something else such as magic this is how many muslims are fooled.

may Allah help you Ameen.
:wa:

Muslim Woman
09-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Salaam

I have no idea about Barelwis . Before doing anything , talk to a Mufti.

I read that if tabeez has Quranic verses , it's allowed to wear . Also , it's common in Indo-Pak subcontinent to hang on wall names of Allah , Ayatul kursi , image of kaaba etc.

Hamza Asadullah
10-05-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muqarrib
:salamext:

I recently got married in India. And my extended family members have put something called "Bandish" all around the house as "protection" for me.

This is putting stickers on the 4 walls of every room in the house and also above the main entrance to the house. I didnt pay attention much to it, but I believe they contain Names of Allah.

Needless to say, I was shocked that some of my extended family members are turning into Barelwis, putting this kind of Bandish, wearing Taweez, etc.

I tried to give Dawah to them - explaining that all this is Shirk. But the Bandish is still there in the house in India.

InshaAllah I will be going to India in a week - My question is, can I rip off these stickers and how should I dispose them?

Can I burn them, throw them in a river or do I have to do the Ruqya water method (like when disposing a Taweez)?

May Allah protect us & our families from all Fitna & Shirk.
Ameen.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.
JazakAllah khair.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother you must never take a harsh approach with family but you should try and make them understand by being gentle and explaining to to them using wisdom and tact. A harsh approach will never get a good response from anyone. Try and get a scholar or leading and elder member of your area to explain to them using Islamic knowledge why it is wrong as this would have more weight in their eyes. Also make dua for your family that they keep away from these bida' practises.

Be patient with them and never even say "uff" to your parents as they have been given a high status by Allah. Be the best towards them but if they do something which goes against Islam then simply tell them in a nice manner using wisdom and tact.

I pray Allah eradicates bida' from this ummah and establishes true Islam into our hearts and lives. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musalman
01-02-2011, 07:33 AM
You should concern a mufti.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!