/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why i turned to islam ???

nour elhoda
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
A ward directed to non- Muslims said me a new Muslim

She said :

( when I originally began my search for the truth all those years ago, I made a few wrong assumptions. It never occurred to me at that time to look outside Christianity.
Second, I assumed that the bible was the truth is with Christianity. When I began my earnest study of Islam , I had to start at the very beginning, with no preconceived idea. I wasn’t a Christian looking at Islam; I looked at both Islam & Christianity from the point of view of an outsider. My advice to you is to be a critical thinker & a critical reader.

Second of all, another mistake that many people make when talking about Islam is that they pick out a certain teaching and judge the whole of Islam on that one point. For example, many people say that Islam is prejudiced towards women because Islamic laws of inheritance award the male twice as much as the female. What they fail to learn, however, is that males have financial responsibilities in Islam that females don’t have . it is like putting a puzzle together , until you have all the pieces in the right places , you can’t make a statement about the picture, you can’t look at one little piece of the puzzle & judge the whole picture.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Masha`Allaah nice story

Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing the story with us sister!

جوري
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
:welcome: aboard noor elhoda.. may Allah swt make you steadfast..

:w:

nebula
09-22-2010, 08:25 PM
mashaallah, ahlan wa sahlan, hayakallah, welcome to the forum!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
09-22-2010, 08:37 PM
:sl: sister, and welcome to the forum.

format_quote Originally Posted by nour elhoda
Second of all, another mistake that many people make when talking about Islam is that they pick out a certain teaching and judge the whole of Islam on that one point. For example, many people say that Islam is prejudiced towards women because Islamic laws of inheritance award the male twice as much as the female. What they fail to learn, however, is that males have financial responsibilities in Islam that females don’t have .
I agree with this. The starting point when examining any religion should first be the concept of God in that religion; is it logical, easy to understand, and does it make sense? Once you have that belief established then you should look at the other things. I sometimes find that the people who "pick" on rules/regulations are those people who cannot fault the concept of God in Islam - Allah being One, Immortal, Eternal, not composed of any number of persons or godheads, Indivisible, and with no sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents etc. So they try to find fault with other things, which they fail to understand properly.

And, I think when explaining Islam to people, the concept of God in Islam should come first, we should explain tawheed first, and then messengers etc. Perhaps the religion of the person who says that Islam is prejudiced against women, is one that teaches that woman is the source of evil, you just don't know. Once people understand the concept of God in Islam and accept it, and see how simple and logical it is, then they realise that nothing else in Islam is without logic either. Al7amdulillah.

:sl:

nour elhoda
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
thank you all brothers & sister

i hope Allah will accept that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!