/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in a writing contest?

Yanal
09-25-2010, 12:15 AM
:sl: Everyone,

I am just creating this thread to view if any interest is generated on this: Is anyone interested in a writing contest. Please vote. Comments/thoughts can be posted below.

Insha'Allaah after gathering interest,we shall view if there is enough to start one,and complete one. So vote away,insha'Allaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
09-25-2010, 06:01 AM
:sl:

:bump:

Come on members of LI. Vote even if you don't wish to participate under the "no" option.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-25-2010, 06:27 AM
^ Nice username you got there :p Yanal, is that you? ;D It would have been better with a circumflex on 'a' instead of umlaut :X

Yanal
09-25-2010, 06:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
^ Nice username you got there :p Yanal, is that you? ;D It would have been better with a circumflex on 'a' instead of umlaut :X
:hmm: Off topic brother. Are you participating?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
09-25-2010, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÄk

:hmm: Off topic brother. Are you participating?
Oh! I forgot to mention this in the above post. I voted for 'no' and I am not participating as I don't have good writing skills. :ermm:

tango92
09-25-2010, 06:33 AM
seeing as i have no life i will happily enter ;D:hmm:. im not much competition though:hmm: i havent writen creatively in years :hmm: and even when i did it wasnt very creative:hmm::hmm:

Amat Allah
09-25-2010, 06:34 AM
voted yes ...will see if I can do it...

may Allah preserve you my respected and noble brother and all the Ummah...Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2010, 06:37 AM
will there be a theme?

Asiyah3
09-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I voted 'yes'.

Raaina
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I voted yes, but it would depend what we had to write about or is it freestyle!

Muezzin
09-25-2010, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Freestyle would be good.

Ramadhan
09-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I vote yes, but I will only participate as a supporter and reader as my english is crappy.

Yanal
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
will there be a theme?

JazakAllaah khayr for all the support brothers and sisters.

Yes,if the majority of members participating want there to be.

Yanal
09-25-2010, 05:37 PM
:sl: Everyone,
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Oh! I forgot to mention this in the above post. I voted for 'no' and I am not participating as I don't have good writing skills. :ermm:
Theres a first time for everything brother,you may have a hidden talent waiting to burst.
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
seeing as i have no life i will happily enter ;D:hmm:. im not much competition though:hmm: i havent writen creatively in years :hmm: and even when i did it wasnt very creative:hmm::hmm:
Its okay,JazakAllaah khayr for your participation.

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
voted yes ...will see if I can do it...

may Allah preserve you my respected and noble brother and all the Ummah...Ameen
JazakAllaah khayr sister,ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
I voted 'yes'.
JazakAllaah khayr.
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Maybe freestyle,and JazakAllaah khayr.

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I vote yes, but I will only participate as a supporter and reader as my english is crappy.
OKay,insha'Allaah,JazakAllaah khayr.

aamirsaab
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I voted yes. Inshallah I will be able to participate this time.

Yanal
09-25-2010, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I voted yes. Inshallah I will be able to participate this time.

Sounds good,JazakAllaah khayr.

I take it that your brother is joining too?

aamirsaab
09-25-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Sounds good,JazakAllaah khayr.

Yeah he should be. Which should spice up a few things up for the contest. Muezzin's had a lot more writing experience than I have that's for sure; but I've been brewing a couple of ideas for quite some time (since last year to be precise) so the competition will be interesting. Nothing like a nice bit of sibling rivalry to stir things up.

Should be fun!

Dagless
09-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I voted yes (insha'Allah), if there is some subject or rules.

Yanal
09-26-2010, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Yeah he should be. Which should spice up a few things up for the contest. Muezzin's had a lot more writing experience than I have that's for sure; but I've been brewing a couple of ideas for quite some time (since last year to be precise) so the competition will be interesting. Nothing like a nice bit of sibling rivalry to stir things up.

Should be fun![/QUOTE]
Insha'Allaah it will.
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I voted yes (insha'Allah), if there is some subject or rules.
We shall discuss that after Wenesday which gives other users time to view and vote.

tango92
09-26-2010, 05:39 AM
are muezzin and aamirsaab brothers?

Yanal
09-26-2010, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
are muezzin and aamirsaab brothers?

Offtopic but yes they are,a delight to the forums.

Muslim Woman
09-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Salaam

I won't participate ( I guess , language will be English and I am not good enough for the competition) but I will encourage others who are good in English. So , may I vote for Yes ?

Yanal
09-26-2010, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

I won't participate ( I guess , language will be English and I am not good enough for the competition) but I will encourage others who are good in English. So , may I vote for Yes ?
Sure but may I encourage you to join,this is a great way to improve your skills.

Just to clarify: Entries will be anonymous.

Muslim Woman
09-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Salaam

Is it possible to have a special competition for those whose mother tongue is not English ?

Yanal
09-26-2010, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

Is it possible to have a special competition for those whose mother tongue is not English ?

Perhaps,if we have enough supporting that idea too,insha'Allaah. But I'm sure you'll do fine,not everyone is good at English yet they are trying,sister I encourage the same to you and others. But if we have enough then we will,insha'Allaah:).

syed_z
09-26-2010, 12:11 PM
when is the contest and where is the contest ? What are subject we have to write about ? Thanks :)

Muhammad
09-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah we have at least 13 people interested so far. What kind of creative writing will it be - short stories/poetry?

Yanal
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
when is the contest and where is the contest ? What are subject we have to write about ? Thanks :)

The contest start date and deadline date is yet to be decided. The contest will be on the forum,insha'Allaah. Subject is to be discussed after Wenesday,insha'Allaah.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah we have at least 13 people interested so far. What kind of creative writing will it be - short stories/poetry?
Walaikum asalam brother,

Short story,insha'Allaah. Probably 2000-3000 words,insha'Allaah. Are you intending in participating brother?

Muezzin
09-27-2010, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Short story,insha'Allaah. Probably 2000-3000 words,insha'Allaah. Are you intending in participating brother?
How about 5000 words maximum with no set subject?

I'm sure that's what was agreed months ago...

Yanal
09-27-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How about 5000 words maximum with no set subject?

I'm sure that's what was agreed months ago...
Sure,insha'Allaah that seems like a good idea. I'll create a brainstorming thread right now..

Yanal
09-27-2010, 05:50 PM

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post1371598 <-- Brainstorming thread. Members who are participating can give their input on the competition for deadline dates,start dates and such.

Muhaba
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Haven't posted in like forever, but I'd love to participate, insha-Allah!

Yanal
09-29-2010, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
Haven't posted in like forever, but I'd love to participate, insha-Allah!

The more the merries,insha'Allaah.

Remember brainstorming thread located here,insha'Allaah: http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post1371598 (Writing Contest: Brainstorming thread)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!