/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writing Contest: Brainstorming thread

Yanal
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
:sl:

Insha'Allaah we(the brothers and sisters participating;or even members who just wish to give input) can brainstorm some ideas onto this thred,insha'Allaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
09-28-2010, 01:00 AM

Some thoughts come to mind:

1) Is everyone okay with a 5000 word maximum?

2) How are we going to decide who wins?(Voting,judge panel?)

Thoughts/comments are appreciated,insha'Allaah.

Dagless
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Some thoughts come to mind:

1) Is everyone okay with a 5000 word maximum?

2) How are we going to decide who wins?(Voting,judge panel?)

Thoughts/comments are appreciated,insha'Allaah.
1) Isn't 5000 words a lot? Especially if there will be lots of entries.
2) Anonymous poll is good, but the entries themselves should also be anonymous (I guess everyone can forward them to you and they can be labelled as entry 1, 2, etc.).

Yanal
09-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Fair enough but I don't think anyone will end up with even 4000,but we can change the limit to perhaps 3500 if the majority agrees?

2) Anonymous poll is good, but the entries themselves should also be anonymous (I guess everyone can forward them to you and they can be labelled as entry 1, 2, etc.)
That is the idea,insha'Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Not if it's a maximum word limit. The entries don't have to actually reach that word count, it simply allows entrants wide parameters.

Let me see if I can find the previous brainstorming thread where this was agreed.

Yanal
09-30-2010, 01:52 AM

When do the majority of members want the deadline to be from the start point? Insha'Allaah 2 weeks,3 weeks,or more?

Muhaba
09-30-2010, 06:04 AM
three weeks should be enough i think. when is the start point going to be? i hope it's soon.

Muezzin
09-30-2010, 10:00 AM

When do the majority of members want the deadline to be from the start point? Insha'Allaah 2 weeks,3 weeks,or more?
4 weeks?

Unless people think that's too long.

Yanal
09-30-2010, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
4 weeks?

Unless people think that's too long.

That would be good too,lets see if anyone agrees,insha'Allaah.

Bintulislam
10-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Assalamu-Alaikum!
Ah...well I would like to know what's it about,who can enter it?when should it be submitted and to whom?

Yanal
10-01-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bintulislam
Assalamu-Alaikum!
Ah...well I would like to know what's it about,who can enter it?when should it be submitted and to whom?
:wa: Sister,

Here is the previous thread where members who intend to participate vote/and post if they are intending to participate in the contest,insha'Allaah.

This is the thread where we discuss the rules and deadlines etc. Anyone can enter insha'Allaah(new members and non-Muslims can too),it is a contest open for all, insha'Allaah. We are currently deciding when to begin it,and you will submit it to me,it will be anonymous when I post the story for voting,insha'Allaah.

---

So when should we start? Next week?

Muhaba
10-01-2010, 04:36 AM
I hope we can begin it sometime in 2010 because if not, then it would be the 2011 contest.

Asiyah3
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
So when should we start? Next week?
Can we start now?

Muhaba
10-01-2010, 07:07 PM
lets start it today, Oct 1!!!

Yanal
10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
:sl: all,

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I hope we can begin it sometime in 2010 because if not, then it would be the 2011 contest.
Insha'Allaah it will be in 2010:).

format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
Can we start now?
:wa:
You can start writing it but the deadline day still is awaiting official confirmation..

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
lets start it today, Oct 1!!!

You can start writing your story but the deadline is yet to be decided,insha'Allaah.

Yanal
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
The competition has started: http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post1372870

Write away,insha'Allaah,and PM me the entries,insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!