/* */

PDA

View Full Version : praying salaah with an mp3

ghost
09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
if someone can't pray salaah because they haven't memorised fatiha etc, is it permissible for them to listen to a recording of someone else praying and then following.
the same way one would do with an imam in congragration, but instead at home by themselves with an mp3 played out aloud.

jzk for the answer, it's been bugging me for a while and i told some guy i'd find out about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imaduddin
05-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Salam brother, do you mean the person who is facing the problem will recite after the mp3 or will he/she just listen to it and not recite afterwards but instead pray behind an mp3 player?

Scimitar
05-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Brother is better off finding a masjid and praying with other brothers, behind an imam.

Scimi

dqsunday
05-22-2012, 04:24 AM
I think what Ghost is asking is if its fine to just play an MP3 recording of the recitation of fatiha and following along as best as he/she can, till they have it memorized and can recite it on their own.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
:sl:

It is not permissible to follow a recording of Surah Fatihah during Salah. The Musalli (one who is praying) must ensure that he/she tries his utmost to learn the words of Salah by constantly repeating them until he/she knows them well. It's also important to keep making dua for help and guidance.

(Source: Al-Hidaayah, page 137)

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!