/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Study Guides & Sharign

Beardo
09-28-2010, 05:10 AM
The teacher gave us a study guide with about 85 terms. I typed it up with the definitions for my own benefit, but also sent it off to 3 of my classmates.

Would you share your notes? Is it a generous thing to do? Is there a need for competitiveness and hide your notes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
:sl:

Personally, I should help those that do their utmost best in school and have a strong desire to succeed and lend my notes. If others do well, al-hamdulillah it has no harm on me. I should look at my own future only and what grades I aim at. But if they often tend to fool around in class and not listen because they can copy and take advantage (as some in my group does), then no.

If they were absent or don't have the notes that I do, I think it is a generous thing to do. I believe they would do the same thing for me. We always help each other when one of us asks for help in something or for what they need.

:w:

PouringRain
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
It is generous that you helped them. Nothing wrong with helping other. They will not benefit from it as much as you will benefit, since you were the one typing up the terms. (What I mean by that is what you did will help in learning the terms, better than when they simply read the list.) It seems to me, and this may be a gross overgeneralization, but it seems that those who obtain information in an easy manner (like receiving your notes), do not then put in the effort to read and learn the material either.

Yanal
09-29-2010, 01:53 AM
:sl:

Nothing wrong with being generous in lending your notes but I feel like if everyone was to look for the definition by themselves it would assist them even more because eventually it adds up but just copying for their part might not be a positive affect for them. But I would give my notes to,if you assist your friend and the time comes where you require assistance then you will know your friends will be there for you,insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!