/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Before Muhammad (SAW)

khalid2
09-29-2010, 04:14 AM
These are some questions that may sound very dumb but I figure I might as well learn it now.

1. I know that the Prophet (SAW) was a monotheist before Islam, but how did he worship Allah in his first 40 years before Angel Jibril came to him with the revelations.

2. Where all the prophets other than Muhammad (SAW) born as Jews?

3. Were all the prophets (pbut) before Muhammad sent to just preach Monotheism and to only believe in Allah and the people that accepted and believed were okay? Or were they like us and taught to pray a certain way?

4. How did the prophets pray before Islam?

It may sound like stupid questions but I have been thinking about it and I hope inshallah someone answers these questions.?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
almahdali
10-15-2010, 03:00 AM
I had found this questions often. My personal opinion and through my reading experience for question no. 2, those prophets are not Jews nor Christians. Check back the etymology of Jews and Christians I mean in Hebrew and Arabic since both sister languages are the language closer to those prophets. Christians were known as Nasara and now Mase7. What does these two words imply? It refers to whom?

And Jews or Judaism in Arabic or Hebrew, Yahudi. It refers to whom? Is it a person? Who is this person? Try asking questions and try getting the answer or discuss it :)

How about Islam, does it refer to prophet (saw) or to someone else? The rootword for Islam in Arabic is used in many prayers and also referring to someone. Who is that someone?

islamaholicâ„¢
10-15-2010, 08:12 AM
:sl:

Nah, from what i know, every group of people where sent a prophet or a messenger. I think there is a prophetic saying that there were about a hundred and twenty thousand prophets (not sure about the exact number but something close to that) that were sent to mankind in history, but only a few of them were named in the Quran. And for obvious reasons too, if each and everyone of them were named, then the book will look more of a phone book than anything else.

And yeah they were sent with the same basic message: Worship The One and Only Creator, and not any other non-sense of idol/human/tree or monkey worship.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!