/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammed S.A.W & the idea of lust ....true or false??????

nour elhoda
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
was it lust that caused the prophet to have many wives???

i will not defent or speak as a fervent or fanatic muslim that blindly defent her prophet without thinking
but rather i will just give you points and ask you to think neutrally about them

first of all, when we come to judge something in the past with our mind of today
we have to put in mind the difference in the circumstances and the social conditions between past and present
we have to ask a very important question was it unconventional at that time for a man to have many wives???

wasnt it mentioned in the others holy books that other prophets had so many wives??

Further more, we know that during the time of prophet Muhammed PBUH there was a great attack from the people of Quraish against him, so if it was unusual for him to marry many wives, why didn't they avail the opportunity to attack him???

Now let's turn back to our main concern which is the idea of lust .

firstly, the prophet got married for the first time when he was 25 years old. while young men usually married starting from the age of 18 , so he was too old for someone who is driven by lust.

secondly, the first woman he ever married was khadija, a 40 years old woman who had already married twice before him and had children.
He stayed with her for 25 years old without marrying any other woman while it was the norm then to marry again and again
and after her death he stayed unmarried for two years till he was 52 years .

So its illogical to say that lust appeared suddenly in his life at the age of 52, and in the middle of the fierce physical and psychological struggle to spread Islam.

These are only some of the logical reasons why this idea about prophet Muhammed PBUH can never be true, not only because we believe in this but also because its illogical.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
about lust................i can never think such about any Prophet..................!!!!
but just remember about Prophet PBUH....HIS only wife Hazrat Ayesha RA was not married b4 (mean its her first marriage)....all other were married b4. and 2ndly othere factor HIS age, similarly first maarige when 25, and never re-marry until Khudija's RA death, shows its wrong that saying that..........and 1 more, lustful person never spend all his night in ebaada while her wife is alongwith hem................its just propaganda of Kuffar,,,no reality in it....

Dan-fish
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I heard Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam married many times to protect the women

tigerkhan
10-01-2010, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dan-fish
I heard Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam married many times to protect the women
One other main ppurpose was to SPREAD ISLAM.....................
if some have knowledge of seerat he can easily judge that what purpose behind these marriges...........e.g Prophet PBUH marry (i am doubtful about name) Hazrat umm-e Habiba RA...she was in Habsha (first hijrat) at that time...the Najashi The king of Habsha organised a party for that...and by this many ppl of his country get closer to islam and they came to know that How is this King of Makkaa, He married a simple woman in that simple way...so they got impressed by teaching of islam...
similary Prophet PBUH marry Hazrat Maria RA and bcz of this marriage all her tribe accept islam.............actually she was a war prisoner...and Prophet PBUH free her and nikah with her. bcz of this all Suhaba RA free there ghulams/war prioner of HER tribe...they ppl got impressed by this kind behaviour and all tribe came to islam...alhumdulliah.
JZK

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Sex is basic of human instincts. Restrain over sexual desire is the signs of manhood. Prophet Muhammad pbuh showed the greatest of this restrain and fulfilled his biological desires through those channels which were made lawful by the Lord of everything that exists (Allah). Logically, I do not see anything wrong with polygamy. Regarding women's right to marry multiple husbands, it is problematic because the Lord of all that exists (Allah) has decreed this act to be filthy, disgusting and put that disgust towards it in our fitrah.

May Allah forgive me if i said anything wrong about Him. :(

nour elhoda
10-15-2010, 11:12 PM
thank u all

May Allah bless u all

i want to add something which is very important and at the same time denied by many people

we all know about that harsh attack against prophet Muhammed PBUH from his temporaries especially in MECCA

those people wasted no chance to attack & criticize him however, none of them criticized his marriage to that number

that was because that was the norm of the society then; if we look at the seerat(Biography) of the companions of the prophet PBUH we will find that most of them married lots of women the same with those who didn't embrace Islam

and when we want to evaluate or judge something we have to put in mind the surroundings and the circumstances
as its not true to evaluate something happened in a different society & different time in the past using todays criteria

thanx for all
I hope Allah accept that
and lead by this lots of people to the right path

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!