/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need a quick way of putting on weight ?

Farjana
09-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Im fairly skinny and getting sick and tired of it i need a easy way of putting weight on :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ChargerCarl
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Well the only way that I know of is taking in more calories than you burn.

Hope that helps.

S.Belle
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Fifty Two Ways to Gain Weight
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/food/2gain.html

How To Safely Gain Weight?
Well, Gain It The Healthy Way
http://www.perfect-body-toning.com/h...in-weight.html

Salam Alaykum
Hope these help sis but remember to be careful everyone has a sepcific body type
you dont want to do any damage to your body that you may regret

tango92
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
dont be too hasty, putting on weight quickly can have side effects (strechmarks, you WILL get them)

if your still a teen then id say dont worry, eat normally, by the time your 20 youll naturally gain what u need (time flies 4 sure) :)

otherwise just eat a little more, eat foods that are higher in fat and carbs like nuts, fried chicken, rice, pasta, bread etc. dont overdo it or you could get heart problems

salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
10-02-2010, 03:26 AM
:sl:

Perhaps you can start by increasing how much food you intake and try avoiding burning calories for a while,but may I ask why?

Amoeba
10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
There aren't only cosmetic side effects of putting on weight too quickly, but also health side effects. Don't do it too quickly.

Also aside from taking in more calories, exercise is still important, and don't stop even calorie burning exercises completely (though perhaps slow down a little). Do however take some light muscle-building exercises as this will help increase your weight without it all being fat, and also keep your muscles in good shape. Speak to someone at a gym if you can for advice. Also speak to a doctor/dietician if you possibly can as they will be able to advise you what to eat and how much tailored to your body and how to do it the safest way.

Cabdullahi
10-02-2010, 08:53 AM
easy peasy......eat 5-6 times a day....small meals!! and at night before you go to sleep blend 100-200grams of raw oats with milk, strawberries , butter and honey

You'll gain weight! trust me!

if you want to gain wait you cannot say oh thats nasty....you have to eat everything!

the optimum weight for women is 65-85 kilograms you gotta work hard insha'Allah

Snowflake
10-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Aisha, radhi Allahu anhu, used to eat dates with cucumber to gain weight.

Sayyiditina Aisha radiyallahu anha relates that, "After my marriage, when the time came for me to go and live with Rasoolulla sallallahu alaihe wasallam, my mother thought I be a bit plump and my build become better. She gave me cucumbers and dates to eat. As a result my body became nice and plump."

ghost
10-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Why do you wanna gain weight for? You're a girl, this is the opposite of what girls want.

That being said, if you really want to gain weight then just get married. You'll be a fatty and the target of many a joke from the inlaws in no time.

And if the above fails or doesn't appeal to you then become an alcoholic but instead of drinking alcohol, drink oil (the edible type not the stuff you put in your card dammit). Make a note though, that you will probably die within 2 years but rest assured that the people lifting your coffin will have to be high in number and strong in strength (due to your weight).

But don't worry, nothing will be able to wipe the smile off your deceased face, not even the cries of 100 men with broken backs. No sir.

Nah seriously if you wanna gain weight then eat load of nuts, add extra virgin olive oil to anything you can and drink loads of milk. Loads of milk.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2010, 09:25 AM
if your weight loss is due to some illness or something, shouldn't you consult a dr. first.

either way, consult a dr. inshaAllah.

-Fallen Angel-
10-02-2010, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
if your weight loss is due to some illness or something, shouldn't you consult a dr. first.

either way, consult a dr. inshaAllah.
I agree with that, you would normally lose weight to illness, physical or mental. Stress also makes you lose weight pretty fast, so stay stress-free, or try to :P

But um.. to gain weight..
1. Buy a ticket to the US
2. Go there
3. Live there for a while
4. You've successfully become fat(ter)
;D

Farjana
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
WOW, so many ways dont know where to start tbh i eat more than 5 meals a day so i dont think thats the problem but seeing as i eat like an animal now :p i think the fat will come in couple years time when its least expected but anyway thanks for your help :statisfie

Farjana
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
No, sister my weight is not due to illness its natural

Lonely Gal
10-02-2010, 08:24 PM
enjoy the skinny days love!! its not long before the weight prob pile on and you'l be lookin back thinkin when did that happen???!! lol..

nebula
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
eat nuts such as cashew nuts, brazilian nuts, pine nuts, walnuts etc, eat cottage cheese, take a spoon of olive oil a day, all of these contain healthy fats which will help u gain healthy weight in no time

Snowflake
10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
enjoy the skinny days love!! its not long before the weight prob pile on and you'l be lookin back thinkin when did that happen???!! lol..
lol@love! agree with you sis

Sister Farjana, forget about getting fat. Why not put on weight by building muscle instead.. it's better than blubber and you'll be stronger too lol

Amoeba
10-03-2010, 09:45 AM
There are many reasons why a person may not just want to but may also need to put on weight. Farjana described feeling tired and sick from the low weight, that to me sounds like it calls for a trip to the doctor to find out about proper diet and exercise and if there are any underlying problems causing it (be sure to ask, Farjana, because some doctors don't check unless you ask).

Plus putting on weight doesn't equal putting on fat, so just because someone says they want to put on weight doesn't mean they want to "get fat".

I went through a phase like that where I wasn't exactly anorexic skinny but just generally a sickly kind of slim and always feeling a bit drained and fatigued. Just wasn't eating enough of the right food nor was I getting enough exercise. The cause was stress and it was necessary to put on some pounds to gain the strength to deal with it.

Just because there are some people out there who are dying to be skinny, doesn't mean that everyone who wants to put on weight are doing so to get fat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!