/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic clothing

Ibrahim_K
10-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Salam aleykum

I have noticed that certain muslims in my city and all around the world wears a kurtah. Males I mean. I know that the kurtah is a pakistani style of clothing but does this type of clothing indicate a special interpration of islam or can. it be worn by any muslim as a garnment to show one's devotion to islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hassan C
10-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I don't think it indicates a special interpretation of Islam. It can be worn by any Muslim to show one's devotion to Islam.

Laila-
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Our religion can be influenced by our culture, for example pakistani wear kurta because of their culture it is permissible in islam to wear kurta, there is nothing wrong with it,for example in saudi men clothing is different but what matters is that these clothing are allowed in islam.

taylorgwebb
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Wearing a kurta does not show your devotion to Islam. Always being aware of your hijab is where the devotion to Islam is. In fact being fixated on looking a certain way can be very dangerous, be sure you are not being devoted to your appearance over your deen! The kurta is an excellent type of clothing to preserve hijab as it enables you to be covered from the navel to the knees easily, but if you find any other way of doing that then it is just as Islamic (some types of pants are too revealing). I for example wear a kilt because my family is Scottish, it covers the same area just as well so it is just as Islamically encouragable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
:sl:

"Baggy clothing" is more comfortable.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!