/* */

PDA

View Full Version : science

mohammed_samuel
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I find it v hard to concentrate in lesson.i cant sit in one lesseon for 45mins without my mind wandering off..wat do i do???????????:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
10-04-2010, 02:17 PM
:sl:

Do you sleep late? Are you hungry in class?

mohammed_samuel
10-04-2010, 02:21 PM
sleep late only sometimes not all the time even when i sleep early i cant concentrate. :p

Farjana
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
seclude yourself from the class sit at the back row not in the middle and just keep working and don stop hope it helps inshallah :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed_samuel
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farjana
seclude yourself from the class sit at the back row not in the middle and just keep working and don stop hope it helps inshallah
tried it it dont help makes it worse

Snowflake
10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
:sl: Brother,

Recite, Rabbi zidni 'ilma - My Lord! Increase me in knowledge

InshaAllah, it's ideal to recite it (1 tasbeeh) after Fajr salah before your studying day begins. But you may recite it at any time inshaAllah. Frequently invoking Allah with this supplication will increase your knowledge and improve your memory and concentration.

mohammed_samuel
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
uhhhh thanks.lets hope it helps

Muhaba
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
The material may be too hard for you to understand so your mind wanders. Try reading the lesson before class. That way it will be easier for you to understand what the teacher is explaining. which subject is it?

Snowflake
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed_samuel
uhhhh thanks.lets hope it helps
InshaAllah it will help you my brother. Put all your trust in Allah and leave no room for doubt inshaAllah.

Amoeba
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I know it's difficult to make yourself like something, but making yourself like it and look forward to it helps too. Getting stressed in class because you find it difficult to understand can in turn make it even more difficult to understand and lower your attention span, express your worries to your teacher and perhaps inshallah try to arrange some extra tuition time. If your teacher gets unhappy about it (like some teachers can do for various reasons, time constants, underpaid, etc) take it up with the department head, because to them it should prove that way that you aren't slacking, you genuinely want to learn. They'll typically give more time to someone who is interested and struggling than to, say, someone who is not interested and struggling, or someone who is interested and doing well.

Asking the school/college/university to see an educational psychologist might help because they can help identify where the gaps are in your learning and if there is any fundamental information or understanding that you're missing that they don't teach you in class. However some institutions won't get an educational psychologist in because they cost too much, or only for testing of learning difficulties. No harm in asking though, and at least if they test you for a learning difficulty, even if they don't find one you still get a report detailing where your strengths and weaknesses lie. If they do find one, the school or institution is obliged to give you extra help and extra time on assessments.

Woodrow
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
:sl:

This inability to concentrate is probably an indication of one or more of the following.

1. You are not interested in the subject

2. You do not understand the subject.

3. the teacher is unable to instill interest.

4. You are not getting enough sleep at night.

5. The teacher has a tone of voice difficult for you to follow.

I suspect a little of each is occurring. You have control over all of those except for #5. Those will take a lot of effort on your part, I admit. But it can be done with sabr, frequent prayer and more study. Look beyond the textbook and examine more about each topic brought up.

PouringRain
10-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Do you take notes in class? Taking notes may help you concentrate better on the materials being presented. This may sound girly, but use various colors when you take notes. One color for writing down terms and definitions. One color for outlining key concepts. Etc. If you can highlight in your text book, and if the prof. teaches from the text (as some do) then use various colored highlighters to follow along in the text as you go also. While taking notes, don't be afraid to do a little doodling in the margins of your paper-- but not too much. LOL Doodling shapes or drawings of the concepts, may also help you maintain concentration. When you use different colored pens for your notes, stay away from basic blue and black. Brighter is better.

I also agree with what others said about reading the text prior to class, and also what Amoeba said about seeing if your uni has a psychologist. You can also find out if you can audio record the lectures to play back later, but I suspect that this will not help you, because I suspect that part of your problem could also be that you are not an auditory learner. That is why I gave you suggestions that are visual and kinesthetically oriented. (I have these same problems. LOL )

CosmicPathos
10-05-2010, 02:21 AM
you might have attention disorder or some other learning disorder. Get that checked.

But yes, science can be boring or interesting, depending on the presenter and the book you are reading. Enjoy basic science classes cuz trust me, it only gets stupid in professional degree programs like medicine where they teach you mumbo jumbo.

mudassara
10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
:sl:,
Try to get an idea in advance what will be thought in the next class...
U will feel excited when know more...

salma777
10-09-2010, 08:04 PM
bro I think you should try to talk to the teacher, but y'know don't be rude *ahem* like saying the class is "boring". say it in a way that they don't get offended.
or you could always do what I do, keep your eyes open but really fall asleep (its a skill that gets better with practise lol) and basically I just phase out completely. Althought it might get a bit tricky if you get asked something- just try to keep a general view of the topic that you're supposed to be doing that lesson. and then just self teach, which is what I do mostly.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-12-2010, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
you might have attention disorder or some other learning disorder. Get that checked.
LOL What a skeptic reply!

Is there even such disorder?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!