/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be like Moses (PBUH)

Masriya
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Asalamualaikum

I would just like to share an idea I heard while watching the program "Stories of Quran" by Amr Khalid. By reading stories in the Quran you can extract much wisdom and good deeds to follow.

In the story of the prophet Moses (PBUH), he remembers Allah through his journey and in many parts of his story.

From Surat Al-Qasas

028.015 And he entered the city at a time when its people were not watching: and he found there two men fighting,- one of his own religion, and the other, of his foes. Now the man of his own religion appealed to him against his foe, and Moses struck him with his fist and made an end of him. He said: "This is a work of Evil (Satan): for he is an enemy that manifestly misleads!"

After Moses kills his foe, he asks Allah's forgiveness and it is granted him:

028.016 He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So (God) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

So whenever you sin whether a great or small sin say Moses dua with repentance and inshallah Allah will forgive you.
And repent like Moses:

028.017 He said: "O my Lord! For that Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace on me, never shall I be a help to those who sin!"

Ask Allah's guidance when in fear from people.

028.021 He therefore got away therefrom, looking about, in a state of fear. He prayed "O my Lord! save me from people given to wrong-doing."

When on his journey on a way he travelled through for the first time he asked Allah's guidance:

028.022 Then, when he turned his face towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "I do hope that my Lord will show me the smooth and straight Path."

Although famished with hunger and tired with the long journey he asked Allah's help politely:

028.024 So he watered (their flocks) for them; then he turned back to the shade, and said:"O my Lord! truly am I in (desperate) need of any good that Thou dost send me!"

So we learn to Keep Allah in our thoughts and on our journeys, at all times, when you sin you ask for His forgiveness and when you're lost you ask for His guidance and when you're afraid you ask for His protection.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
:wa:

Jazakiallah for sharing.
May Allah make us benefit and act in accordance with our knowledge. Ameen.

abu salaahudeen
10-08-2010, 02:55 AM
jazakallahukhayr for that

Abdul-Raouf
12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Jazakallah khair for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!