/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American and Islam.

Fendaril
10-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Hello people of Islam. I come to your board today out of sheer curiosity. lately the Islamic religion has been getting a lot of negative media attention where I live. I am moments away from Manhattan where a Masjid has caused outrage by many people. I always here of terrorists that appear to stem from Islam. I mean, I cannot understand. I have decided to learn more by reading an english version of the quran, and asking questions here.

I am NOT Islamic and do not want to become one. I just want answers, from both the holy book and those who practice it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peaceandlove
10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fendaril
Hello people of Islam. I come to your board today out of sheer curiosity. lately the Islamic religion has been getting a lot of negative media attention where I live. I am moments away from Manhattan where a Masjid has caused outrage by many people. I always here of terrorists that appear to stem from Islam. I mean, I cannot understand. I have decided to learn more by reading an english version of the quran, and asking questions here.

I am NOT Islamic and do not want to become one. I just want answers, from both the holy book and those who practice it.
Brother, You are most welcomed to question any thing in your mind. We will try our best to answer your question to the best of our knowlege.

If you want to read the Holy Quran in english , here is a site that is good i know http://www.pakquran.com

Regarding your question about the terririsom and you thing that many muslims are involved in it , i would like to say first of all you already agree that its a media impression , if you came to muslims countries you will find the opinion just revers most muslims belive america (they are christains) to be biggest terriroes . any way its people opinions we must have to see teh facts ,

Now , we have to condem terriorst attach by any body , Islam prohibits to kill any innocent person whether muslim or not? so any body called muslims and do this is going against Islamic teaching.

Secondly , now try to see who is terrorist? plese tell me what you think terrorist is? I say a person who kill innocent person , Now see How many muslims (as pretended by media sources) had killed innocent and How many innocent person killed by american (christians)

Well, if you see mostly nine eleven and some other acts blame has put on alqaeda etc (still not proved on any court yet) and if you count the innocent people killed in these attacke theer wer some arount 3000+ OK
Now come to innocent person killed by american , in iraq, afghinstan , etc i think there were severl hundred thousand 100,000s , they bombarded mosques , they bombarded marriages ceremonay , even if you rember in 2nd world war american bombarded the japan cities with atomic bomb killing thoussand of innocent peple , so what you called these attack? are not they terrorist.

Based on fact you will find that american had killed 1000s time more people then those blamed to be act by muslim , so who is the biggest terrorist? why you ignore these killing ?

I am not saying the if some muslim do some terrorist act he is right? he is tottly wrong and agains islamic teaching but my main point is when some body attack american they are terrorist but when american attack somebody (killing innocent peple) why this is not a terrorist attack?

Finally, if you see I think almost all religion condem terrorist attackd so any of these things are due to politics rather any religion matter.

Hope you understand what i mean to say and ignore my bad english.

May Allah guide all of us to the true path.

http://www.islam-faq.blogspot.com

- Qatada -
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey Fendaril :)

You've come to the right place.

You can get a basic message about what Islam is from here; http://islamreligion.com

Any questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask!

Noble Dream
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
if u wanna know Islam read about the prophet of Islam and the holy quraan.
Our religion is the perfect religion for all people

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forums Fendaril. Please feel free to ask questions. Many of us here also live in the USA. I currently live in North dakota, but still have many relatives on the East Coast, mostly in Connecticut. Many of us living in the USA do not experience the tensions you seem to have in the New York area. When I lived in Austin, TX I found most people to be very tolerant and hospitable to us. Up here in the dakotas we are essentially unknown, many people here have never had any contact with Muslims and we are often met with understandable curiosity.

I am not very knowledgable about the conditions in NYC as it has been a very long time since I was last there. In the past it seems the majority of NYC Muslims lived in Manhatten, pretty much in the area of were the Twin Towers stood. It does seem odd that the attack was in an area with a high Muslim population. Almost as if Muslims were targeted. I think the world has forgotten that many Muslims died in that shameful attack. We also suffered. I really can not see the reason for all the opposition over the building of an Islamic Center in an Islamic neighborhood, even it it is 2 blocks away ftom the scene of the 9/11 tragedy. Those terrorists attacked us also, we grieve as much as any other American who lost loved ones.

PouringRain
10-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, Fendaril. I hope you learn a lot. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

جوري
10-09-2010, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fendaril
I am NOT Islamic and do not want to become one.
I am not Judaism.. I am not Christianity.. the proper way to use the term is ''you are not Muslim''

all the best

Masriya
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I would just like to clarify that the act of killing innocent people does not follow the teachings of islam. Even during war, the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) would order his army not to kill women or children or old men, or kill priests or kill anyone asking for peace and not wanting to fight. He would also command them not to wreck cities or cut trees. War was basically to protect the islamic world from the people who were invading it from its borders.

The people who were responsible for the 9/11 disaster killed innocent people and that has nothing to do with islam.
Maybe their excuse is that there are many innocent muslim people killed and they hold the USA as responsible, but it is still not an excuse.

I always here of terrorists that appear to stem from Islam.
If the followers of a religion do not follow its teachings correctly it does not mean that the religion is bad.

Hope you have a benificial stay in this forum.

Peace

serena77
10-15-2010, 09:38 PM
welcome to the forum and peace to all

i have just joined though for very different reasons, but i would like to say this.. there are extremists in every religion... sometimes called fanatics... (jim jones comes to mind ) .... You can take anything past a certain point...and it can become a cult. Yet, when it is not twisted by fantantics/extremists and when it is not taken too far then I believe there are far less problems. I do live in the states and my heart still hurts for what happened on 9-11. I will forever remember where i was when i heard what happened and the news stories of the next several days. I have never blamed a religion for anything that has happened though. i'm sorry but to me thats like saying that just because someone was German they supported the ideals of Hitler. It wasn't that way. (sorry everyone i was a history major ) .... its very important to me.... to remember that... you cannot ever blame a whole, for the actions of a few. Something i wish western media would remember. I hope you gain as much from reading the Quar'an as i have and i hope, no matter what choices you make, that you have a wonderful experience here.

Salaam
Serena

malez
10-22-2010, 05:57 AM
my dear brothers and sisters i would like to say that on the basis of principle, islam prohabits targetng innocent people such as women,children, and others like them even when there is actually a war being waged between the muslims and the disbelievers.Disbeliefs, in and of itself, is not a justification to kill someone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!