/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Muslim

Luke90
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm new to Islam, after long thought I've decided I want to submit to Allah and Become a Muslim (I have already posted a basic background story on myself in the introductions section).

So being a newcomer to Islam I have a few questions,

how do I "become a Muslim" so to speak? ...is there any think I have to do? or can I call myself a Muslim after submitting to Allah and reading the Qur'an..etc etc..?

also, as I have come from a Western, White background what are the rules on circumcision?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
First, I'd like to congratulate you on reverting to islam.
You become a muslim as soon as you say and believe in your heart:
Ash hadu anlaa ilaaha ilaallaahu was ash hadu anna muhammadan rasulullah
(I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad was His messenger).

As soon as this is done, ALL your past sins are forgiven and erased Insha allah
and it is as if you start a new life like a new born baby.
Please make lots of du'a as the du'a (supplications) from a newly revert are most likely to be granted Insha Allah

I don't have much time now to answer the rest of your questiions, but Im sure others will do so

aadil77
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luke90
I'm new to Islam, after long thought I've decided I want to submit to Allah and Become a Muslim (I have already posted a basic background story on myself in the introductions section).

So being a newcomer to Islam I have a few questions,

how do I "become a Muslim" so to speak? ...is there any think I have to do? or can I call myself a Muslim after submitting to Allah and reading the Qur'an..etc etc..?

also, as I have come from a Western, White background what are the rules on circumcision?.
Peace and Welcome

As long as you believe in fundamental islamic beliefs - you are a muslim :) - Allah knows whats inside you're heart and thats all that matters

about circumcision you can about it here http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/463

Muhaba
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Congratulations on becoming a Muslim. I am really happy for you! You should try to go to an Islamic Center / masjid. They will be able to guide you, give you books, etc. There are some Arab Masjids in UK that are really good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
10-11-2010, 05:06 PM
congrats on becoming a muslim and accepting Islam
here is a nice video on how to take shahadah this bro also has many other videos that will help you inshallah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Greetings of Peace/Salam

Welcome to the forums and may you enjoy your stay here

Hope you benefit yourself here also Alhamdulilaah Allaah guided you the righteous path, the way of life that all previous prophets followed (May the peace and blessings of Allaah be unto them) to the final Prophet Muhammad (May Peace and blessings of Allaah be unto him).

Congratulations on returning back to your Lord Allaah Allmighty!

Surely brothers and sistahs have posted many sources to help you out and may it helpful towards you!

Peace

Muslimman
10-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Circumcision for men
Is circumcision mandatory for the man who adopts Islam? What is the Islamic rule on female circumcision?

All Praise be to Allaah.
To the dear inquirer:
We appreciate the question you have submitted, as it is an issue which is truly among those which may pose a hindrance in some cases for those who wish to adopt Islaam.
In reality the issue is really simpler than many may think. Male circumcision is among the rites of Islaam and is part of the fitrah, or the innate disposition and natural character and instinct of the human creation, and is from the religion of Ibrahim (peace be upon him). Allaah has said (interpretation of the meaning): "Then we revealed to you (the command) to follow the pure and uncorrupted religion of Ibrahim."
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"The Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was circumcisized when he was eighty years old." (Al-Bukhari, Vol 6/p. 388, Al-Salfiyya printing).
Male circumcision is obligatory for the Muslim male if he is able to do it. If, however, he is unable, whether due to fear of injury or if a respected and authoritative doctor has told him he will experience profuse bleeding which may make his life miserable, then the obligation for cirumcision is waived and he does not commit a sin by not having it done.
It is not permissible under any circumstance for the issue to become a hindrance for a person wanting to accept Islaam. The validity of one's acceptance of Islaam is not dependent on his performance of circumcision and it is valid for one to adopt Islaam even if he has not had himself circumcized.
Regarding the issue of female circumcision, please refer to question # 328.
I ask Allaah to bring you success in all that is good and to protect you from all that is evil, and may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon our Prophet Muhammad .

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Innocent Soul
10-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Assalamualaikum

Keep it in your mind that Allah is seeing you and hopes and fears must be directed to him alone. This belief will you in keeping away from sins and you will be encouraged to do good. First learn how to pray and read quran as prayer is the key to heaven. Think good of everyone.:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!