/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Power point viewer, no text

Amoeba
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I have PowerPoint Viewer and slides work just fine except no text is displayed, only images. I can click through the slides as normal.

These slides are for university and I can't get in touch with either of the two lecturers for the course because they're both on leave. They only come in to teach the class because there's no substitute teacher, but next class isn't until next Tuesday and that's too late.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
I have PowerPoint Viewer and slides work just fine except no text is displayed, only images. I can click through the slides as normal.

These slides are for university and I can't get in touch with either of the two lecturers for the course because they're both on leave. They only come in to teach the class because there's no substitute teacher, but next class isn't until next Tuesday and that's too late.
Do you have the newest version of powerpoint viewer?

Amoeba
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Asalam alaykum,

Yes.

أحمد
10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
:sl:

This maybe due to a number of problems; most common being a missing font or corrupt file.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amoeba
10-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll try a re-install, I'll post back the results.

Amoeba
10-14-2010, 06:46 PM
After getting an error message where powerpoint viewer wouldn't open anymore because apparently it's "not a valid Win32 application", suddenly it all works.

Computers are weird.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!