In Heaven a spirit doth dwell
"Whose heart-strings are a lute";
None sing so wildly well
As the angel Israfel,
And the giddy stars (so legends tell),
Ceasing their hymns, attend the spell
Of his voice, all mute.

and in my book it has a footnote that says

*And the angel Israfel, whose heart-strings are a lute, and who has the sweetest voice of all God's creatures.--- Koran (Poe's note).

What I want to know is where in the Quran is this verse.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
10-17-2010, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
*And the angel Israfel, whose heart-strings are a lute, and who has the sweetest voice of all God's creatures.--- Koran (Poe's note).
Sister, this verse does not exist in Qur'an. I'm not sure if the writer of this note means by "Koran" the Holy Qur'an, may be it's something/someone else.

Muhammad
10-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

I don't think there is a verse in the Qur'an like that. In Islam, the angel Israfeel will be the one who blows the trumpet at the time of the Day of Resurrection.

There are other verses in the Qur'an which mention how the angels glorify the praises of their Lord... maybe the poet has taken a concept like this and adjusted it for his poem?

Allaah (swt) knows best.

S.Belle
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Sister, this verse does not exist in Qur'an. I'm not sure if the writer of this note means by "Koran" the Holy Qur'an, may be it's something/someone else.

yea i thought the same so i googled Koran and all I got was the Holy Quran I even googled the footnote and I got nothing but the poem itself.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
There are other verses in the Qur'an which mention how the angels glorify the praises of their Lord... maybe the poet has taken a concept like this and adjusted it for his poem?

hmmm could be

jazakallah khair for helping bros

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!