/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Q. For muslims only : If there is one thing you love about Islam, what is it ?

marwen
10-24-2010, 04:26 PM
:sl:

Born muslims, or new reverts : Why do you love Islam ?

I really love Islam and I will die muslim InshallAllah, whatever happens. But I want to collect more ideas about : why people love Islam despite all these reppellent images and misconceptions surrounding Islam and muslims.

Personally, I love Islam because I feel I'm on the right path and I can see a clear vision about my whole existence and responses to all my questions in Islam, and I'm really satisfied with these responses, I found the truth I need in Islam. I also feel that I'm really close to Allah, I feel Him present in my life and intervening every time to guide me and give me His mercy. I don't need anything else.

When I hear that some non-muslim who was known to be attacking Islam and trying to cast people away from Islam, but amazingly, that same person accepts Islam after a long anti-islam life. I really find that I really love that person, It's amazing because I was uncomfortable with him for years, but at the moment he enters in Islam, I find a strong love inside me to this person. I mean I can love him before as a brother in humanity, but when he enters in Islam, I start to love him as a brother. I feel that he is like one of my family. I feel like I knew him before, that makes me feel that all the humans are born muslims but ther diverted from the right path, and when he revert back to Islam, you feel that you recongnize him, and that you knew him before.
That love between muslims is what makes me love islam more.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that Islam is the true religion and one's mind and body all feel that it is the truth. There isn't any conflict between Islamic rulings and what one's mind requires.

tigerkhan
10-26-2010, 06:12 AM
:sl:
i love islam...............but islam in my life not in books...i mean i want islam to be in my life...bcz i have read this at the time near to qiyama ppl will make much noise that they love islam but they have nothing of islam in their life....
anyway i like all the things in islam and trying for them to be in my life in perfect way.....
on top i say...haya...then saadgi...then contenment...then no israf,,,no hasd,,,no heart disease like this....then salat...fasting...and much more.....love for Allah SWT and Prophet PBUH is also very sweet thing in islam....

Amoeba
10-26-2010, 07:16 AM
One thing? That's hard... Only one?

I don't know I can't think of any one particular thing. I guess it's knowing where you stand. Instead of wondering... are we the greatest beings in the universe, or is there something much greater out there? Should we take control as masters of this Earth, or is there someone greater we should answer to? With no knowledge of Allah, one who is ignorant may ask themselves are we part of a galactic empire, are we the only life forms, is there any god, are the aliens like the gods of ancient times, etc. Instead you KNOW the answer to this, and that's really comforting. It's even interesting how it doesn't matter if there are beings out there in the universe who are superior in smarts and technology, or even other human beings with more intellect and control than yourself, you still know there is only ONE whom you may answer to and anyone who tells you to do otherwise you know where they stand too.

I feel it puts everything and everyone in its place so people know where they stand with one another and also how to treat and respect one another because following these rules means respecting Allah and His guidance.

Personally, it was a stress being ignorant. If you don't know who makes the rules or who is in control, or that there even is a supreme being in control, you feel you have to compensate for that chaos by trying to take control yourself. Because that cannot be done, it becomes frustrating. Whereas if you accept that you are not in complete control and that Allah controls the universe, well you can accept it without getting stressed. It's a mindset too though because it takes a while to get out of the old mindset, it's not really an instant transition, but it helps with healing the old scars.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
salaam

Simple understanding of God with no complicated ideas.

Lifes of the prophets

I know I did 2 although there are many more things..............

peace

Perseveranze
10-30-2010, 02:39 PM
There's so many things I love about Islam. The teachings of the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) is such an inspiration, what he achieved with the guidance of Allah (swt) is just amazing.

If I was to say one thing that I trully admire about my religion is the equality. Where race is never an issue, every Muslim no matter where they are from or what colour they are, they are all strongly connected together with a single belief, the one true god and his messengers (Islam). The brotherhood/sisterhood in this religion is heartwarming aswell.

And there's so many others things Islam achieves to do that no other religion or cult can come close to mimicking.

S.Belle
11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
love between muslims is what makes me love islam

^^ agreed like one big happy family especially when you meet a new muslim its like meeting a bro/sis that you never knew you had.

I just love how Islam is not just a religion but a way of life and how if you have any questions all you have to do is open the Quran or read a hadith....Islam is just beautiful the real question is how can you not love it.

Maryan0
11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I love Islam because it's a complete way of life and I love it because although there are certain things we embrace on faith Islam is a fairly straightforward and easy to understand religion.
Salam

Muslimman
11-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Salam bro,
For me, to cut it short, Islam is the call of sound heart and mind (Fitrah). :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2010, 02:07 AM
probably because its the only thing that seems to keep me sane.

Ramadhan
11-05-2010, 02:53 AM
For me it is impossible to name only one thing I love about Islam, but certainly
the single, direct, pure connection to God ranks among the top
there is no embellishment, there is no adulteration.

IAmZamzam
11-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Every time someone tells you some book or other has all the answers, it always turns out that they’re full of it. The Koran is the first and only book I’ve read that really does, and provides answers that make sense, some of which you just want to kick yourself for missing before; including:

“Why are we here?” (51:56)

“Does the universe end somewhere?” (55:33)

“Why do we suffer?” (6:42)

“Are we alone in the universe?” (65:12)

And so on. Even the basic questions “Is there a God?” and, “Do we continue on after we die?” are not just given the predictable answers but also argued for (30:21, 50 are just two of many examples). Even the minor logical squabbles that you positively itch with when it ordinarily comes to religion always seem to have some answer in the Koran or at least the Sunnah. I wonder if this is the primary reason why more people these days in the west seem to come to Islam from Catholicism than any other previous position.

Saad17
11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Knowing there is God who I can rely on because even if I fail I know He will not.

gohar98
12-28-2010, 08:55 AM
It`s a complete and true code of life.

siam
12-29-2010, 10:30 AM
when Frithjof Shuon was asked "Why do you like Islam?"---he replied "Because the Muslims take God seriously....."
There is some truth to this statement in that though we may fail on occassion---we Muslims do strive to "take God seriously".

I am a born Muslim---I like Islam because it grows with you...at whaterver stage in life you are---it manages to guide you.....I think that is what is so unique about the Quran....that it, it manages to speak to you personally no matter what you intellectual or spiritual level!!!

Musalman
12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
There are many things but first of all it`s the unique distinction of having no association with any particular nation or founder and it is not the product of a human mind.

Aishath
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I love how Allah (swt) is so Merciful. A true muslim is not one who never sins because we all sin but one who realises that as long as he is alive, his/her chance of Jannah will insha Allah still remain true.

I also love how Islam remains consistent over time. I look back to how I used to pray salat as a little girl and I still do the exact same thing, same actions, say the same things today. Very few things have remained truly consistent through our lives and yet this is definitely one of them. Islam is for always.

Sorry, couldn't just pick one!

shikran
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
i luv Islam because its the religion of peace and provides the complete way of live. rights are equally given to men and women.. Islam is not a collection of practices, things to do, clothes to wear, or a bunch of Arabic vocabularies to share with your friends. Islam is composed of a true understanding of the existence of Allah and feeling true devotion to Allah only.

Mohamed Issa
01-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Bringing justice to the people like Sultan Mohamed II (Mehmed II the Conqueror) 1451–1481: Filling the promise that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will he be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!" Allah (SWT) sent the Sultan Mohamed II the Conqueror at a young age 21 to conquer Constantinople crush the crusaders & bring people to Islam. Turning the Hagia Sophia church into a Mosque (Ayasofya Mosque) so people are worshiping the one & only god Allah (SWT). Than the Great City Islambul (Istanbul) was born the new Muslim State Capital 1453–1922. May Allah (SWT) be pleased with him. The justice Islam had like helpping the poor freeing slaves allowing freedom of worship something you were not allow to do in christian europe. Many more.

Perseveranze
01-09-2011, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Every time someone tells you some book or other has all the answers, it always turns out that they’re full of it. The Koran is the first and only book I’ve read that really does, and provides answers that make sense, some of which you just want to kick yourself for missing before; including:

“Why are we here?” (51:56)

“Does the universe end somewhere?” (55:33)

“Why do we suffer?” (6:42)

“Are we alone in the universe?” (65:12)

And so on. Even the basic questions “Is there a God?” and, “Do we continue on after we die?” are not just given the predictable answers but also argued for (30:21, 50 are just two of many examples). Even the minor logical squabbles that you positively itch with when it ordinarily comes to religion always seem to have some answer in the Koran or at least the Sunnah. I wonder if this is the primary reason why more people these days in the west seem to come to Islam from Catholicism than any other previous position.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

That "Is there a God" answer really made me think especially, because it's not like there were many or if any Athiests living in the world at the time of the Prophet, pretty much everyone had some belief in a Divinity. It was only after Darwin came along did Athiesm start to spread and plummet.

I guess there's no suprises since this book is a guidance sent for all of Mankind and for all times.

highway4
01-10-2011, 04:55 AM
The one thing that i love about Islam-
Its the truth and its Perfect!

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I love Islam because of it's monotheistic attribute, and by monotheism I mean The True Tawhid. Also the love towards a fellow Muslim, no matter how stupid he acts.:D

But as you asked for one thing it'd be Tawhid.

ayesha.ansari
01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
the respect for others is the best quality of Islam.

selsebil
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
I found everything about the real meaning of world and humanity in Islam.Because Islam is a declaration, a manifesto, describing both the One Who made this beautiful universe, and the universe itself.
Islam enlightens my mind and my heart.We Muslims, who are students of the Qur’an, follow proof; we approach the truths of belief through reason, thought, and our hearts. We do not abandon proof in favour of blind obedience and imitation of the clergy like some adherents of other religions. Therefore, in the future when reason, science and technology prevail, of a certainty that will be the time the Qur’an will gain ascendancy, which relies on rational proofs and invites the reason to confirm its pronouncements.

bamboozled
01-13-2011, 11:41 PM
I LOVE how fair Allah is. Indeed He is Ar Raheem!

Allah is the greatest!

Mr Fussy
01-15-2011, 11:57 AM
The remembrance of death which results in feeling discontent with this temporary life and focusing at every moment on the eternal life of the hereafter.

Esther462
01-15-2011, 09:41 PM
The 1 thing I love about Islam is Praying to Allah. I prayed to God when I was a Christian (most praying to Jesus (pbuh)) but really didnt feel a conection but when I became Muslim and pray the Muslim way to Allah, I feel a conection and I love it.

Abu-Abdullah
01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Salaam Marwen; good thread! :statisfie

I ABSOLUTELY Lurrve salaat!, for it is the way to 'bounce back' into the shade of Allah's Mercy

when i'm feeling terrible due to sins commited, all i have to do is turn to salaah, and thereafter i feel at peace!; but this should not be a reason for anyone to sin, for intentially commiting sin just cause you know or feel that you would be forgiven could be a sign of hypocrisy

what i ultimately love about islam is that it is the Truth; it feels so good to know that i [and my family, and all of the Muslim ummah] have been blessed with the truth, for to which if we did not adhere, and die as non-muslims, it would have been the most horrendous punishment for us imaginable!

I pray that Allah [swt] takes us all from this world as believers and forgives us without punishing us at all; ameen!

Ansariyah
01-27-2011, 07:23 PM
If theres one thing I love about Islam, its Allah. If It wasn't for Allahs decree there would be no Islam, and I wouldnt be Muslim. Alhamdulilah that Allah gave us Islam and made us Muslims.=)

tw009
01-30-2011, 02:08 AM
What I love about Islam is that its not just a religion but a way of life. It provides you with guidelines on how to live a proper life. it tells you how to dress, how to eat, how to walk, how to talk and how to interact with family, friends, neighbours and just about every single person around you. It tells you how to get married, how to raise superb children and how to dutiful to your parents. I love how there are rules for pretty much everything. And we muslims try our best to follow these simple rules that our Creator has made for us just so we can live a pleasant life in this world and in result have a pleasant hereafter inshAllah.

I love how I know I will be accountable for my actions, and Allah swt is watching my every move and I will have to face him one day. I love how there is someone who knows me more than I know myself and he understands me better than anyone else in the world. I love how I can ask Him and talk to Him and I know that He will listen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!