/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

S.Belle
10-26-2010, 06:39 PM
I posted this in the health section but it did not work so if a mod reads this please delete the one in the health section please

so anywho

Does anyone here have carpal tunnel syndrome?
I have not gone to a doctor mainly because my mom is a nurse and she said that I had all the symptoms

Numbness or pain in your hand, forearm, or wrist that awakens you at night. (Shaking or moving your fingers may ease this numbness and pain.)
Occasional tingling, numbness, "pins-and-needles" sensation, or pain. The feeling is similar to your hand "falling asleep."
Numbness or pain that gets worse while you are using your hand or wrist, especially when gripping an object with your hand or bending (flexing) your wrist.
Occasional aching pain in your forearm between your elbow and wrist.
Stiffness in your fingers when you get up in the morning

Has anyone here had surgery for it if so was it worth it bc i heard it made no different
and also the hand exercises do not work for me they just make my wrist hurt or if it is hurting at the time I can not bare the pain of moving/touching it.
How long did it take the excercises to help you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Bump

Please answer
I would really like to know if getting surgery is really worth it bc these hand excercises are not working

Muhaba
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
how about you search for it on google or something. i have no info about it but could it possible you have vitamin deficiency?

جوري
11-03-2010, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
I would really like to know if getting surgery is really worth it bc these hand excercises are not working
sorry for late reply.. usually carpal tunnel is simply treated with splinting much like this one

only in very severe cases and in people who have an underlying condition as the cause for example diabetics can the nerve entrapment by released by surgery but that is hardly done.. just try not to do the same repetitive activity for a while and wear a carpal tunnel splint while maintaining the exercises ..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
^Just what is it? and how can it be diagnosed?

جوري
11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
what is it
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...pal_tunnel.htm

S.Belle
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
could it possible you have vitamin deficiency?

No not at all
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
only in very severe cases and in people who have an underlying condition as the cause for example diabetics can the nerve entrapment by released by surgery but that is hardly done.. just try not to do the same repetitive activity for a while and wear a carpal tunnel splint while maintaining the exercises ..

K thanks a bunch Sis
another quick question I read this under the how it is diagnosed section of the article that you provided

The wrist is examined for tenderness, swelling, warmth, and discoloration. Each finger should be tested for sensation, and the muscles at the base of the hand should be examined for strength and signs of atrophy. Routine laboratory tests and X-rays can reveal diabetes, arthritis, and fractures.

There is a strong history of diabetes on both sides of my family (I dont have it though alhamdilulah) could this be a factor of my wrists hurting?

جوري
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
There is a strong history of diabetes on both sides of my family (I dont have it though alhamdilulah) could this be a factor of my wrists hurting?

peripheral neuropathy is a common finding in diabetics and takes different forms, peripheral, autonomic focal etc.
I'd definitely get a metabolic panel and a lipid profile.. I think if that is the underlying cause then you can lessen your sx with tight glycemic control. That being said Carpal tunnel is quite common and need not have any underlying pathology, many people experience it at some point. I'd get a basic checkup to make sure everything checks ok and then just purchase that splint from amazon or some store specifically made for orthotics..

insha'Allah, Allah swt will grant you shifaa

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!