/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's Incident

Amoeba
10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
"Last Night's Incident" - a really short random scribble piece of fiction.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Go on, guess!"

She stopped a moment and placed her index finger on her chin, while looking at the ceiling in thought. "Nope, no idea." she chirped.

"Go on, you have to guess!" her classmate urged.

"Ooooh..." The little girl growled and stamped her feet in frustration, "I don't know, just say already!"

The classmate excitedly bent forward so that she was eye-level with her shorter friend. "Okay, listen, listen! Before bed I saw a shooting star!"

Instead of surprise, her classmate responded with a sceptical frown. "There's no shooting stars in this country!"

"Uh, yeah, I just saw one last night. Then it fell to the ground!"

"Nuh-uh! Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!" and with that the little girl ran away to another group of girls and began to whisper to them. She stopped to point at the one she had declared a liar.

A loud booming voice caused all of the children to jump on the spot.

"I'm away for two minutes and everyone is out of their seat!?" The teacher then tripped slightly over her skirt, unable to see for all the books she was carrying. She regained her balance. "I heard that!" she scolded, though none of the children had actually said anything, rather they were all assembling themselves into their designated seats.

"Oh, these are heavy..." she placed them on her desk (rather awkwardly) and dabbed her forehead with a handkerchief. "Now... who all saw that meteorite last night, wasn't that something!"

"I told you I wasn't lying!" One of the girls called out to the other.

"Now, now, who said you were lying?" The teacher enquired.

"SHE did!" The girl pointed. The other girl tried to keep a proud face but also seemed to sink back into her seat.

"Okay, Jessie, we don't call each other liars here. It's not nice. If you think someone is telling lies you come straight to me okay?"

Jessie nodded her head sheepishly. Then she frowned and spoke up, "But she said she saw a shooting star!"

"Same thing, dummy!"

"Cut that out right now!" The teacher yelled. Both children remained fearfully silent. "We do not call each other liars or dummies, is that understood?"

The two girls nodded.

"EVERYONE?!"

The whole class responded in chorus "Yes Mrs. Winkerdelley!"

"Good." The teacher put on her glasses. "And just so you all know, a meteorite can be a shooting star. Does anybody here know what a meteorite actually is?"

A couple of hands shot up enthusiastically.

"Yes Stephen?"

"A meteorite falls to the Earth but a meteor doesn't!"

"Good Stephen!" the teacher nodded with approval, "I am impressed. Where did you learn that?"

"I read it in a space book." Stephen beamed with pride.

"Well keep reading! This is something you should all be doing, take an example from Stephen."

Another hand raised up, this time somewhat unsure of whether it wanted to be up or down.

"Kimberly, would you like to ask something?"

Little Kimberly nodded her head and looked around at her staring classmates. "Um..." The little girl could barely utter a word. She attempted a "W-w-wh..." but stopped and paused for a moment and took a deep breath before continuing, "What is a mee-tee-rite?"

"Okay, Kimberly, and anyone else who isn't sure, a 'mee-tee-or-ite' is a falling rock from space. Sometimes..." The teacher stopped to think of the best way to explain this to children, "... a meteorite makes a long streak across the sky!" She motioned with her hand above her head the movement of a meteorite moving quickly overhead, "And that's what you see as a shooting star!" the teacher explained in an animated voice in hopes of helping the children understand.

"Um..." Kimberly chewed on her pencil case zip as she mumbled something incoherent.

"Take that out of your mouth please, Kimberly. Please say that again."

Kimberly took the zip out of her mouth and repeated what she had to say, "How big are the rocks?"

The teacher paused, realising that this could lead on to some lengthily explanation. But before she said anything one of the children spoke up.

"Really big!" One of the boys stretched out his arms, "Bigger than this!"

Noticing the panicked expression on Kimberly's face the teacher corrected the boy "No, not usually, they're normally very small and you won't see them very often. In fact, you might never see another one again! So don't worry, Kimberly."

Kimberly nodded her head. The worry on her face remained.

Hahaha it was crap wasn't it? Lol... oh well I had fun writing it that's all that matters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
10-31-2010, 02:17 AM
it is a good idea for a story although may need some improvement. keep writing!

*charisma*
10-31-2010, 03:41 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Mashallah what a cute story! The only thing I didn't like about it was that there was no conflict cuz it seemed like it was leading up to one but it didnt lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!