/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to keep your child from joining deviant sects?

tahmid001
10-29-2010, 01:49 AM
I myself am not affiliated with certain sect or school of thought even though most people think I am a salafi but my concern is how do we keep our children away from deviant methodologies, by deviant I don't mean regular sufis or hanafis even though I don't agree with some of the things some sufis do, I mean like extremist sufis or the rafidi shia.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-29-2010, 02:05 AM
you should teach them about them in an educated fashion.. when I first entered college I was surprised that my friend was a shiite.. I was really upset by it, especially considering her whole entire family were sunnis and she basically became a shiite because of this one guy.. I went home and asked my dad and we had an excellent lesson in history.. the best way to combat ignorance is with knowledge not censorship in my humble opinion..

:w:

Rafeeq
10-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Agreed.

You must share such information and let your child read the Quran or you read Quan with a good translation before them. And let them understand our Lord wants us to be MUSLIM not shia, sufi, hanafi or malaki. Let them know, Allah (SWT) gave us name MUSLIM only.

Amoeba
10-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there any verses in the Qur'an or are there any hadith that warn against muslims splitting up into sects? I'm almost sure there are, I just don't remember them. Maybe you could present those to your children if you find them, if they exist inshallah maybe someone more knowledgeable here can confirm it? I'm quite curious about this myself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-29-2010, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there any verses in the Qur'an or are there any hadith that warn against muslims splitting up into sects? I'm almost sure there are, I just don't remember them. Maybe you could present those to your children if you find them, if they exist inshallah maybe someone more knowledgeable here can confirm it? I'm quite curious about this myself.

:sl:

There is such a hadith:

Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982
It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.”
However it does seem to be a weak Hadith and it's reliability seems to be questionable. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can verify it's authenticity and reliability.

From I can find I believe it is a weak hadith.

Latitudinarian
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
What is the correct version/sect/school of Islam?

Woodrow
10-29-2010, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Latitudinarian
What is the correct version/sect/school of Islam?
To keep this from becoming sectarian I will just say: most Muslims on this forum seem to follow the Qur'an, Sunnah of the Prophet(PBUH) as found in the Ahadith of the 4 Imams and follow one of the 4 Madhabs

أحمد
10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
:sl:

Reply to post#4
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba

(Quran, 3:102) O you who have believed, fear Allah as He should be feared and do not die except as Muslims [in submission to Him].

(Quran, 3:103) And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favour of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favour, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

(Quran, 3:104) And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.

(Quran, 3:105) And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!