/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why should the poor say "al Hamdulillah"?

karimmohsen
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
:wa:
When I finish praying, i say "al hamdulillah" many times, that i am in good health, that i have food, that i go to shool and everything. But what about the people who cant afford to live, that in live in mesiry, that dont have food, that are very sick, why should they say "al hamdulillah":hmm:?

thank you for explaining me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-31-2010, 09:21 PM
:sl:

As strange as it is those amongst us who have the least amount of material goods are very often the people who can see the blessings Allaah(swt) bestows upon us. They are the ones who recognize that the gifts of Allaah(swt) need not be material or things of comfort. They seem to see better that the greatest gift Allaah(swt) has given us is his promise to reward the pious and be merciful in the judgment of our sins. Now, those are great gifts many who have placed value upon this physical Dunya will miss.

Although it is a great trial to be born into a life of poverty or have had a horrible disease fall upon them, in that trial comes the wonderful opportunity of poverty.

The closest I have felt to Allaah(swt) was not very long ago when I was facing a very horrible sickness with a very bad prognosis. That disease caused me to be the most thankful to Allaah(swt) not because he freed me from the disease, but because through the disease I personally felt an understanding of the mercy of Allaah(swt) Alhamdulillah

Alpha Dude
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Wa alaykum salam

We should be grateful to Allah in good times and bad. This life is a test, so there is going to be tribulations and hardships to be borne. The most valuable asset we have is our iman. No wordly thing is of any value compared to it. To give an example, someone who loses his wife, children, wealth, health and is forced to beg on the streets but retains his iman/faith in Allah, he is in a better position than one who has wealth, good health, loving children and family but little by the way of iman/faith/thankfulness.

The poor will also enter paradise 500 years before others. :)

Darth Ultor
10-31-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't consider myself poor, but the very low middle-class, and we count our blessings from God and sees how good He is to us. Bad as things may be, things can be worse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
karimmohsen
10-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you for your answers
Barik allah fikon

S.Belle
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
One should thank Allah thru good times and bad times. Since he did not bless one with wealth he may have blessed instead with sight, hearing, good health, etc.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
The poor will also enter paradise 500 years before others.
wow didnt know that...almost makes you want to live a poor lifestyle

Darth Ultor
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Poor or rich, it doesn't matter in the longrun. When you go up before God once you pass away, only your actions and faith are going to be counted for or against you. I'm not saying all rich people are shortsighted and arrogant, there are extremely generous rich people. But poor and middle-class people know better that their money can disappear in any second, and it should be used for something that will stay with you forever.

tigerkhan
11-02-2010, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The closest I have felt to Allaah(swt) was not very long ago when I was facing a very horrible sickness with a very bad prognosis. That disease caused me to be the most thankful to Allaah(swt) not because he freed me from the disease, but because through the disease I personally felt an understanding of the mercy of Allaah(swt) Alhamdulillah
i think its v.common....and ALLAH SWT had also said this in quran that when person got hopeless from everything he call/remember ALLAH and when ALLAH give him nihmats, he forgot ALLAH SWT.

Woodrow
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i think its v.common....and ALLAH SWT had also said this in quran that when person got hopeless from everything he call/remember ALLAH and when ALLAH give him nihmats, he forgot ALLAH SWT.

That does happen too often with too many who fail to remember Allaah(swt) was who helped them. The proper word for this is ungrateful. How easy it is to forget the source after we get what we want.

Some people can praise Allaah(swt) when times are good and some can call upon his mercy when things are bad, but a Muslim must always praise and thank Allaah(swt) during both good and bad times. Neither is ever permanent and each has it's own trials and rewards.

tigerkhan
11-02-2010, 02:17 PM
very amazing...blv in last 2-3 days i was listening in halqa about the Prophet PBUH that one night He awake all the night and pass it in tears and salat...Hazrat Aysha RA said oh Prophet of Allah, Allah SWt has promised 4 ur forgiveness and even then U make so much efforts..He PBUH replied, then y dont i make shukar for that.....i remember that once in hadith Prophet PBUH said that i am on the top of list of ambiya AS in sacrifices for deen of Allah SWt...mean He had passed life in such difficulties and with all this Hardships He spent all His night in ebadda and Shukar....
i concluded, actually its depends on eman and mahrifat....not our wordly things....eg if a person got his fingure wound...but if he have strong eman he will be ok by thinking that thanks GOD my arm has not wounded and its working properly.....so u see ppl who are mostly in bad condition maybe poor, ill aor else they remember GOD...on the other hand if ALLAH SWt gives some one money or some status / degree eg if MBBS...most possibly He wish for specilization and will not happy with MBBS degree....i think that the reason most of blessed ppl pass life in hardships and shukars...

Masriya
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

I just want to say that even poor people have something to thank Allah for.

A story I heard conveying this meaning:
There was once a poor, blind man who had leprosy and who was paralysed; a passer-by heard him thank God. The passer-by was amazed and asked him, "What do you have to thank God for?", the man said, "I thank Him for giving me a tongue that prays to Him and says dikr"!

Always look for what you have and thank Allah for it.

"Alhamdulilah that I am a muslim" is something that muslims should thank Allah for all the time.

Peace

Perseveranze
11-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I read a hadith (sorry don't have a source), where the Prophet prayed/said to Allah, that when he is risen on the day of judgement, let him be risen amongst the poor.

Ansariyah
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
When u read about the sahabas (ra) n the Prophets of Allah (as) u realise how Allah didnt give them this world but instead he gave them the best of the Akhirah! Like rasululah (saw), who was more beloved to Allah but him? Yet he tied stones to his stomach out of hunger but he was always grateful to Allah.

The Qur’an (2:155) says, “Give glad tidings to those who exercise patience when struck with adversity and say, ‘Indeed, we belong to God and to Him is our return.’ Such ones receive [the] blessings and mercy of their Lord, and such are the guided ones.”

GuestFellow
11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karimmohsen
:wa:
When I finish praying, i say "al hamdulillah" many times, that i am in good health, that i have food, that i go to shool and everything. But what about the people who cant afford to live, that in live in mesiry, that dont have food, that are very sick, why should they say "al hamdulillah":hmm:?

thank you for explaining me

I think it means to be thankful for what you have. You can be very rich and live in misery. Materialism does not make you happy in the long-term.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!