/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cant sleep

Insecured soul
11-01-2010, 08:26 AM
:sl:

i am not able to sleep at all, my mind keeps wandering all over dunya, i try to hard but i cant fall asleep
i spend countless hours rotating on the bed

last time i spent 8 hours on the bed without sleep, then finally i went to sleep for few hours and it was after 28 hours of being awake

i dont know whats wrong, il see a doctor soon, pls advice how to have a healthy sleep cycle as this is really killing my health :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Maybe you are eating/drinking something that is causing this. I remember that for the last few days, I was having tons of Red Bull and it snatched sleep away from me. Its as if I was dying to find sleep but it was no where to be seen. Yet at the same time the brain had stopped functioning analytically.
I hope Allah swt makes it easy for you.

Ramadhan
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
I am very much interested to know the answer to this too.
I have only a total of maybe 3-4 hours of sleep in the past 57 hours and I only drank a cup of coffee on sunday and saturday morning each.
I did tahajjud, recited the qur'an, asks Allah to give me good sleep, but it seems there are tons on my mind that prevent me from going to sleep.
I am functioning like a zombie now.

distressed
11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul

i am not able to sleep at all, my mind keeps wandering all over dunya, i try to hard but i cant fall asleep

last time i spent 8 hours on the bed without sleep, then finally i went to sleep for few hours and it was after 28 hours of being awake

i dont know whats wrong, il see a doctor soon, pls advice how to have a healthy sleep cycle as this is really killing my health :(

I think this happens to a lot of us. Is there something troubling you in your personal/home/work life ? physically are you healthy ? unless you have any specific problems, then chances are its not health related. have you tried something from over the counter ? just to help you have some sleep ? If you can pinpoint the specifics, then it'll be much easier, tryin to solve the problem, your gp..wont jus prescribe you something, you'll have to sit and chat about what ever it is thats bothering you.

also keep an eye on your diet, esp if your eating a lot of processed/greasy foods, + caffeine, before bed. wat about listening to nasheeds/quran an hour before you get to bed ?

I often have this problem, the one thing that did work for me, was i left surah bakarah playing on my laptop overnight.

D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I have written about this here before.. try sleep hygiene:

http://www.umm.edu/sleep/sleep_hyg.htm

to get started though go to bed in your usual time one day and set your clock by fajr and stay awake from fajr on.. even if you are tired the next day do the same thing again.. once up for fajr stay up.. before you know it your body will shut down earlier.. if it doesn't then try some rigorous exercise and follow the recipe on the page above to a t.

Br. Naidamar some people simply run on less sleep.. I never get more than 4-6 hrs.. 6 being on the weekend..

:w:

marwen
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
when I have problems restoring my sleeping cycle because I can't sleep, I just stay awake for 2 days and then in the 2nd night I can fall asleep easily very early, and I can come back to sleep early and wakeup early. I don't know if it could work with anybody, but it worked for me.

جوري
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
when I have problems restoring my sleeping cycle because I can't sleep, I just stay awake for 2 days and then in the 2nd night I can fall asleep easily very early, and I can come back to sleep early and wakeup early. I don't know if it could work with anybody, but it worked for me.
it should indeed work the body has to shut down at some point... the only reason people sleep later and later and feel deprivation is idling, medication abuse or use or major depression (except with depression there is frequent very early morning awakening weight loss and loss of appetite) most people who can't fall asleep at night also tend to stay late in bed in the morning when people are involved with a job that is physically and emotionally draining by the end of the day they can barely stay awake to offer their prayers.. we are all created with pretty much the same physiology... what you have offered is another method to go about pushing the body to the limit to have it shut down on its own at some point.. pretty much how it is done to set this sleep hygiene in motion...

medications can be used for 7 days but I don't recommend it because it cuts down on REM sleep..

:w:

S.Belle
11-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The food that you eat my also be an influence to not being able to sleep if you have a high fat diet you might want to start eating healthier.

Here is a slideshow that shows foods that help and harm your sleep
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...ow-sleep-foods

Ramadhan
11-02-2010, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Yes, this is what I had to do sometimes.
Last night I finally fell asleep from 8 pm to 5 am, and I woke up really refreshed and great.

Insecured soul
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
i took medicines and still on medication, it made me sleep well but i feel so numb and feel im a zombie in a slow motion :)

distressed
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
i took medicines and still on medication, it made me sleep well but i feel so numb and feel im a zombie in a slow motion

sleeping meds will do that. is it over the counter stuff or from the docs ?? just try not to rely on them 2 much.

Argamemnon
11-04-2010, 03:32 AM
I agree with the sleep hygiene advice.

GuestFellow
11-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Salaam,

I have a warm bath and I feel sleepy afterwards. I sleep late but wake up early. I think it is because I'm more energetic and active during the evening. -_-;;

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!