/* */

PDA

View Full Version : clothing

serena77
11-02-2010, 03:58 PM
okay
issue for serena and reverting.
Small town means anything i order HAS to be online. I do work full time... but in this day and age... that doesnt mean i have a lot of extra money. So what do i do about proper islamic clothing.

I have a few pair harem pants... baggy throughout the legs and calves...and i decided i like sweatpants again and so i own about five pair all of a sudden
but most of what i own are jeans and teeshirts ... i have bought some long sleeve stuff i can wear under a corderoy jacket... weather says that will be good.... the jeans are baggy as i lose weight... but still jeans...

but the proper tops.... dresses... i just can't afford i found one site where things are fairly in expensive and gorgous but christmas is coming.... i did find out i can still celebrate because in my house its not religious. never was. God doesnt exist as far as my parents are concerned.. food... presents.... end of the story.. mom's not likely to go buy me any tunics that are for lack of a better word.. islamic friendly... please no one take offense to that.

i'm trying to ease into it more and more... IE no one really noticing and winter will be easier than summer...
but any suggestions appreciatated.

I really think... if i lived somewhere else... or w/ someone elses ... that reverting wouldn't be an issue but for right now... w/ my mom and my step dad it puts me in a hrorrible place.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Do you sew, or if not, have you considered learning to sew?

Since Christmas is coming, and your mom may be likely to buy you some clothes, have you thought of asking for some modest dresses or skirts that she may purchase? Not everything is tunic-style. Ankle length jumper dresses can be very modest and you can wear your long sleeved blouses under them. The Vale's Lily and I were once discussing how much we like to wear ankle length skirts, and that could be a good option for you. If you could learn to sew, skirts, tunics, jumpers, and other things are all very simple patterns to make.

serena77
11-03-2010, 06:21 PM
hi pouring rain
are you famillar w/ the counted cross stitch vs. stamped cross stich patters, ??? * yes there's a point *

I can do stamped cross stitch but counted... i have about as much luck as a elephant in aa tea shop. I can crochet.... if it is in straight lines. Granny squares//// no. following a pattern... yetagain... no

i wish i could sew...

when my grandmother died... she left her sewing machine buti can't have it till granddaddy dies... and it makes no sense to me anyway.. I'm five foot two.... and all my pants have to be hymmed.... i have to get them to friends at work to hem... which is actually embarrasing.

btw... i never learned to drive stick shift either .

i did go throuigh my closing and found a bunch of moroccan cotton tunics... and some things that go over it in nice layers....

its just frustrating.. you know someone made a comment on ( think this board ) that i didnt have to be perfect to start with and i do understand that but i want to be as perfect as i can to start off with. Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!