/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!

Amoeba
11-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Vote! Why should we sisters have to wait longer than brothers, huh? The admin/moderator of the sister's section: Here's a poll, let's see what people have to say about this.

So often I have wanted to use the sister's section but nooooo... not enough posts. I have been trying to spam a bit to bump up my post count and I look at it now... still a lot to go. If I was a brother I'd have been able to use the sex-specific forum by now. That is NOT fair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Actually we are planning to increase the post counts required for the brothers. In fact I believe it has been raised as we have stopped approving members with less than 200 posts. Possibly the appropriate announcement has not been made yet.

Woodrow
11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
OOOps I misunderstood the post, Ubtil recently the posts required for the Brother's section was 100 and for the sister's section it was 200. We decided that like the sister had decided 200 was a better choice than100. For some reason it seems the sisters in charge of the section have felt an increase to 300 was needed. None of us males not even male admins know what takes place in the sister's section.

Amoeba
11-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Well I understand you have nothing to do with it, rather it's an appeal to the sister's section moderators. It's very unfair especially to sisters who may need sister's support. I mean you'd think after 200 posts you'd know whether a user was just here to muck about or if they were serious. I can't understand how on earth they felt bumping it up to 300 was a good idea!

You can't even attempt to apply.

Ugh... "be patient" yeah yeah. By then the problems one may need advice on will either have blown over or escalated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
11-04-2010, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
That is NOT fair.
Regardless of what Uncle Woodrow said, I agree with you! Its not fair. I always envy sister section. You see such a tight security! I wonder what on earth is there in sister's section? With regards to brother's section we have almost all of them there in bro section and its very nice knowing them (I'm kidding... its not that nice, though.)

Their excuse for this post count is very strong: "Its for your own privacy / security!" You will have to believe, to maximum, that your posts are being read by sisters only when you reach there after 300 posts.

Amoeba
11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
...? Can you rephrase that last part please?

Tilmeez
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
...? Can you rephrase that last part please?
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Their excuse for this post count is very strong: "Its for your own privacy / security!" You will have to believe, to maximum, that your posts are being read by sisters only when you reach there after 300 posts.
Requirement of 300 posts for sisters is for their own privacy. Its better to wait until you reach a post count of 300. This will give you a strong base to believe that members in sister section are sisters only... and you will feel easy sharing any thing that is meant for sisters only.

You will also have to understand that 300 posts are basic requirement that enable you for applying only. Allowing or not allowing will still remain at discretion of the Mods of SS.

tango92
11-04-2010, 09:41 AM
basically theres nothing special about the bros section. i dont think the bros have much to hide...

although theres are some threads we dont want any1 to know about.....

Amoeba
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I can understand the privacy thing but... how is 200 posts not enough? I mean you have to have been here for a while and made a lot of posts. I don't see how an extra 100 really makes any difference, you'd think by 200 posts that it would be sufficient to be able to tell.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Sister, you can use PM feature. Try PMing your problems to the mods of SS.:><:
You will also have to understand that 300 posts are basic requirement that enable you for applying only. Allowing or not allowing will still remain at discretion of the Mods of SS.
I was about to say that.<_<

Cabdullahi
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
you're almost there just be patient and dont say its not fair because its absolutely fair...If you get into the sisters section you'll have the ability to post away a million posts about anything and everything well almost... because there's privacy

you wont see males posing as females because it was too easy to get in and what you want is for it to be too easy to get in....its never going to happen its detrimental to the privacy of the sisterhood.

bags, shoes and scarves
bags, shoes and scarves
bags, shoes and scarves
bags, shoes and scarves
bags, shoes and scarves

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Just a thought!

We, brothers are also as sensitive as the sisters are and we want the post limit to be increased by 350. :X

distressed
11-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I can understand the privacy thing but... how is 200 posts not enough? I mean you have to have been here for a while and made a lot of posts. I don't see how an extra 100 really makes any difference, you'd think by 200 posts that it would be sufficient to be able to tell.
Sis totally get where your coming from, if you need an issue addressing asap, waiting till you get to 300 posts, is just not acceptable. also you can then apply and not get accepted. All i can suggest is if you need advice asap, then either contact 1 of the sisters by pm..no1 will mind. Ive done this in the past. Also im part of another forum, which is just for sisters only, & if you need something answering urgently, i'll give you the details of that forum, just let me know.

D

Muhaba
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Not at all. we sisters need protection from deliquent boys posing as sisters and trying to get into the sisters room! That's a private place where we can be ourselves and talk about anything we want and really wouldn't want boys lurking there. Hence the high post count requirement. you should understand that sister amoeba. Any sister would, right? however, you can't get approval to the sisters room no matter how high your postcount goes up, since your gender is undisclosed and the requirements say that gender & religion should be disclosed.

Beardo
11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
If the post count was to be set lower, people like Abdullahii and myself would inhabit the sisters' section. Believe me, those power-hungry and dictatorial staff know what they're doing, whether I like to admit it or not.

~Raindrop~
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
:sl:

Agree with sis muhaba. 300 posts is perfectly adequate, in my opinion.
Once you're in, it'll be well worth the wait inshaAllah. =)
In the meantime, use the PM feature as suggested by others, as and when required. I'm pretty sure no one will mind helping. :)

S.Belle
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
If they lower it they will have many people trying to apply but if they keep the number of post high it seems like it would be easier for them to go through all the names that have applied because it would not be as many....I think maybe they should increase the requirement of posts to say about 450 or so that way they know its a sis and that she has been a member for a while.

tigerkhan
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
honestly speaking...my opinion is different...blv its just learning for me on this forum,,,,,i like to study how other ppl in in the world think, what are their reveiws abt islam...what are their priorities.... i got a lot....so i think we should make it easy for everyone to share even its bro section or girl section....rest qst if someone is using sis sec or bro section with wrong intention...what harm he can give us...(esp me i am a tiger lol) and if its so mod can block such person....!!!

Yanal
11-05-2010, 01:34 AM

We should all be thankful because some Islamic forums require a years membership,a vouch,and a handful number of posts(if I'm correct) for each section,and for sisters section it is that you must meet a sister moderator or something sort of these lines.

Cabdullahi
11-05-2010, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
If the post count was to be set lower, people like Abdullahii and myself would inhabit the sisters' section. Believe me, those power-hungry and dictatorial staff know what they're doing, whether I like to admit it or not.
Speak for yourself mister

Asiyah3
11-05-2010, 08:16 PM

I agree with sister Amoeba. 300 is too much. Why can't the mods look at the person applying and give access when it's confirmed that the member is safe and well-known.

Alpha Dude
11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
however, you can't get approval to the sisters room no matter how high your postcount goes up, since your gender is undisclosed and the requirements say that gender & religion should be disclosed.
I hope you realise this, sister Amoeba. Set your gender to sister and religion to muslim (shouldn't it be Islam?) if you want access upon reaching 300 posts.

جوري
11-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I think the votes should move the motion.. all those in favor say aye and in opposition say nay and that is how it will be decided however we should make the voting public so that no sneakiness takes place.. I have already voted against a low post count let in and anyone who has been in the sister's section a while should know why..

:w:

Muhammad
11-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,
format_quote Originally Posted by Runaway
I agree with sister Amoeba. 300 is too much. Why can't the mods look at the person applying and give access when it's confirmed that the member is safe and well-known.
We do have a rule that if someone can vouch for the person and it becomes confirmed they're a sister, they can bypass the post count requirement.

Asiyah3
11-05-2010, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Wa Alaykum Assalaam, We do have a rule that if someone can vouch for the person and it becomes confirmed they're a sister, they can bypass the post count requirement.
Al-hamdulillah, good to know.

serena77
11-06-2010, 12:15 AM
hi
i just wanted to respectfully say that.... until one is a member of the brother or sister areas that they cannot post in the helping thread... and there are those of us who may at times have something that could be really helpful to that person. I understand the rules, i just wish there was a secondary way to be able to post in that thread... i know trolls very well.. and thats why i get it... but there's been a couple of times when i wish i could just say x, y or z... and i can't... if its a little easier to get in the bro/sis rooms then those could help more.

thats just my two cents, maybe i'm' completely off base and if this was brought up and i missed it i apologize for both/either .
Serena

Dagless
11-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Allowing or not allowing will still remain at discretion of the Mods of SS.
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Try PMing your problems to the mods of SS.:><:
The SS :O

"Zis one haz 300 posts, shall ve let her in ja?"

I agree, although there should be another option; "bring the brothers section requirements up to the same as the sisters".

Adem Al-Albani
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Just a reminder to the brothers and sisters.

Even though there are private sections, 1. Allah is still watching, 2. It's still the internet so becareful of what you say or post.

I think I should be allowed to bypass the post count and be allowed into the brother's section. I've been a member since 2005. lol

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-06-2010, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adem Al-Albani

Even though there are private sections, 1. Allah is still watching, 2. It's still the internet so becareful of what you say or post.

I think I should be allowed to bypass the post count and be allowed into the brother's section. I've been a member since 2005. lol
You are not even a full member. ;D

Adem Al-Albani
11-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I should be an admin, never mind a full member.

I've been on this forum 5 years before you my young brother :D. lol

tango92
11-06-2010, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adem Al-Albani

if you wanna learn more about spamming talk to abdul majid or zak

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-20-2010, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
if you wanna learn more about spamming talk to abdul majid or zak
This is a big achievement for me. :)

Yanal
11-20-2010, 06:06 AM

Ask some veteran members about my 4k in two months:D.

Anyways thats straying offtopic.

Adem Al-Albani
11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Ask some veteran members about my 4k in two months:D.

Anyways thats straying offtopic.
Wow, did you gain like 40 pounds while just sitting and eating in front of the screen? lol

Beardo
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

That's really hard, man. I can't even talk for myself. :exhausted
Join the club. >_>

Yanal
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Are you sure this should be discussed in the open brothers?...

Yassouid
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
There are other ways to confirm the identity of people online, but it requires the admin to request a very specific picture that could not be found online such as (a picture of you holding a spoon in the left hand standing on one leg and wearing a red shirt), not only is this hilarious for the admin of the sister section, but it usually gets the job done pretty well. Of course any (including the current one) is by passable by someone who truly wants to break the rules.

Just a thought.

Ansariyah
11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yassouid
There are other ways to confirm the identity of people online, but it requires the admin to request a very specific picture that could not be found online such as (a picture of you holding a spoon in the left hand standing on one leg and wearing a red shirt), not only is this hilarious for the admin of the sister section, but it usually gets the job done pretty well. Of course any (including the current one) is by passable by someone who truly wants to break the rules.

Just a thought.
Now we talkin :popcorn:

~Raindrop~
11-29-2010, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Now we talkin
Maybe you could do us the honour of being the first...you know, for demonstration purposes =D

:p

That aside, I'm not too keen on the idea.

أحمد
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Just a thought.
I've seen some of the capabilities of computer graphics; editing software can easily allow someone with access to a PC, to add a spoon to an image. Its better if either posts count requirements are kept high, or the person is known in "real life".

There are however, a number of tools to trace possible identity of users, but those means are highly unethical; I wouldn't advice anyone to try anything like that. In many countries, it would be classed as illegal.

:wa:

S.Belle
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
There are other ways to confirm the identity of people online, but it requires the admin to request a very specific picture that could not be found online such as (a picture of you holding a spoon in the left hand standing on one leg and wearing a red shirt), not only is this hilarious for the admin of the sister section, but it usually gets the job done pretty well. Of course any (including the current one) is by passable by someone who truly wants to break the rules. Just a thought.
no thanks I dont want some stranger to have a pic of me....especially one in which i would look ridiculous

Yassouid
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد
I've seen some of the capabilities of computer graphics; editing software can easily allow someone with access to a PC, to add a spoon to an image. Its better if either posts count requirements are kept high, or the person is known in "real life".
I do not think it would be any easier than posting 300 posts under the opposite gender title for a week or two, but the picture suggestion was more of a joke anyway, but for extremely desperate users, it could be implemented.

There are however, a number of tools to trace possible identity of users, but those means are highly unethical; I wouldn't advice anyone to try anything like that. In many countries, it would be classed as illegal.
True, but there is an easier tool that is utilized my the majority of the population. If the user who wishes to receive access to the Sisters section has a Facebook, Myspace, or Linked-in they could friend a special account made my a sister admin. Then the sister admin could verify that the account has been around for a set number of months and that the email attached to the Facebook account matches the one that is attached to the username.

Of course this is also by passable-

Just another thought.

أحمد
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM

I do not think it would be any easier than posting 300 posts under the opposite gender title for a week or two, but the picture suggestion was more of a joke anyway, but for extremely desperate users, it could be implemented.

True, but there is an easier tool that is utilized my the majority of the population. If the user who wishes to receive access to the Sisters section has a Facebook, Myspace, or Linked-in they could friend a special account made my a sister admin. Then the sister admin could verify that the account has been around for a set number of months and that the email attached to the Facebook account matches the one that is attached to the username.

Of course this is also by passable-

Just another thought.
Its easier than posting 300 posts; there're many user-friendly graphics tools, which can easily turn person A's image into a non-existent person B.

As for facebook; its security (or rather, the lack of) lets it down, as a means of verifying anyone's identity.

:wa:

S.Belle
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM

thats not a good idea bc some people dont have any account to a social networking site and some people have multiple email addresses.
Maybe people who want to join have to write an essay of some sort explaining why they want to be a member and have a referral of at least 3 sisters, and have a membership for a certain number of days along with a certain number of posts.

Yassouid
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Its easier than posting 300 posts; there're many user-friendly graphics tools, which can easily turn person A's image into a non-existent person B.

As for facebook; its security (or rather, the lack of) lets it down, as a means of verifying anyone's identity.
As-Salamu Alaykum:

Mashallah, very good point.

And thanks for the upload of Dictionary of Dreams.

Jazakallah Khairan

Crystal
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
it is going to take me ages before i can post in the sisters room!

جوري
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
it is going to take me ages before i can post in the sisters room!
The sister' section is for Muslims only..

peace

Crystal
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
The sister' section is for Muslims only..
Oh i see, thanks for letting me know

Ramadhan
12-19-2011, 01:25 AM

Just a thought.
How did I miss on such brilliantly genius idea!!

~ Sabr ~
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
YES Please!

joyous fairy
01-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I havent even got 200 posts yet, let alone 300!

Samiun
01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
I havent even got 200 posts yet, let alone 300!
:sl:, it prolly took me around 2 years to get into t3h bro section.... gud luck!

sabr*
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Upon reading the title our first thought was the disparity of
woman being subject to a higher standard by men. Then my uncle
Woodrow makes the ambiguous vary plain. It is the Muslimah
who control the section implementing the posting entry level.

This is a brilliant idea. Lets impose a entry level for entry into
every section. Lets say 1000 posts to enter any section no that
is too low how about 10,000.

We need to make the club so exclusive no one can enter.

Hope it promoted you to smile.

~ Sabr ~
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
^ Are you for real?! Seriously?!

sabr*
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Ahlaam
^ Are you for real?! Seriously?!

Ukhti Umm Ahlaam:

When time permits reread post ten times. You might get it.
No make that three hundred times for effect.

Riana17
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Personally I think 100 is way too much post to qualify in any section.
Man O man, it's hard job, posting 100 is more than enough to show sincerity and be qualified

Just personal info

Marina-Aisha
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
omg if i was guy i would have been in the section already! i still dont get it..anyways ive got hundred to go :(

joyous fairy
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl:, it prolly took me around 2 years to get into t3h bro section.... gud luck!
Walaikum salam,

That cheered me up, thanks! :p

I think 100 is a good round number and it should be enough but I understand why people might want tighter security in the segregated sections. I mean it might be easy for a guy to imitate a girl for a while just to get into that section.

sabr*
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
omg if i was guy i would have been in the section already! i still dont get it..anyways ive got hundred to go :(

Ukhti marina:

to be fair the post number required to enter a section is a tool for the Administrators
to evaluate your entry and not a guarantee of your entry into the protected sections.

To maintain a orderly forum it is necessary to evaluate members access.

This forum is free and no member is paying the fees involved to maintain this
forum. Even if the threshold of entry into the sisters section is miraculously
reduced the forum and sections are a privilege and not a right. We forget that.

Reflections
01-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I think 300 posts is less...My opinion anyway.

Muezzin
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
FYI bros and sisters:

Male mods set the minimum post count a member requires to enter the Brothers Section.

Female mods set the mimimum post count a member requires to enter the Sisters Section.

So it's not a double-standard in case anyone was worried. Just post well-thought-out messages that add to the discussion. Repeat. Like a lunatic.

Ramadhan
01-09-2012, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Personally I think 100 is way too much post to qualify in any section.
Man O man, it's hard job, posting 100 is more than enough to show sincerity and be qualified

Just personal info
It is very difficult.
For some people *cough*me*cough*, posting 300 posts is nothing, but for others, it would take them months if not years.
But it is the current best way to determine sincerity of identity without revealing our real identity.

Marina-Aisha
01-16-2012, 06:04 PM
even if i get to 300 will i be able to go in? as im i havent converted yet? do i have to muslim sister to go inside?

Tilmeez
01-17-2012, 06:06 AM
do i have to muslim sister to go inside?
Yes.

On the other hand its purely on the discretion of sister Mods. They can turn down an application of even a Muslim sister with 300+ posts.

Marina-Aisha
01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Yes.

On the other hand its purely on the discretion of sister Mods. They can turn down an application of even a Muslim sister with 300+ posts.
Oh I see, I guess in a month or so I might go in maybe. Thank for ur help.

sabr*
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
even if i get to 300 will i be able to go in? as im
i havent converted yet? do i have to muslim sister to go inside?
Peace be to you:

When people are excluded from an exclusive area, club, etc. they desire entry.
It is more of not knowing what occurs in an area that really promotes this
interest. Can't speak for the female only section but there is nothing
special about it. We have threads that brothers have copied topics and
entered in the general forum. There is nothing you are missing.

Enjoy sharing company with the common area. You will learn
so much.

Marina-Aisha
01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I get wot ur saying but if there is only a subject I want to ask for girls only then it's best to talk there. It's not a huge deal but I'm just saying.

sabr*
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
I get wot ur saying but if there is only a subject I want to ask for girls only then it's best to talk there. It's not a huge deal but I'm just saying.
Peace be to you:

marina28:

we understand. If or when you are admitted entry you will
understand. Just not that important. The jewels of information
is currently in the general area. There is nothing in Islam that
is so secretive that it hasn't been fully discussed or covered.

If you review the advice section nothing is shocking.

Marina-Aisha
01-18-2012, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Peace be to you:

marina28:

Lol okay cool ::p

we understand. If or when you are admitted entry you will
understand. Just not that important. The jewels of information
is currently in the general area. There is nothing in Islam that
is so secretive that it hasn't been fully discussed or covered.

If you review the advice section nothing is shocking.
Lol okay cool :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!