/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umar (ra) and the pious young shepherd.

marwen
11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
This is a very beautiful short story, but a very touching message for myself first, and for all muslims :

When Umar RadhiAllahu anhu was anonymously traveling around the environs of Madinah, dressed in his usual old and tattered clothes he came upon a young shepherd tending his flock. Umar RadhiAllahu anhu requested that he milk one of the sheep so he could satisfy his thirst. He offered the young boy money for the milk.
The shepherd said he would willingly give him a drink, but the sheep were not his, they were entrusted to him by the owner and he did not have the owner’s permission to offer any milk to any body.
Umar RadhiAllahu anhu being the wise guardian of his people took the opportunity to test this young boy suggesting that he sell him one of the sheep so he could milk it and then slaughter it later if necessary, while the shepherd profits from the money Umar RadhiAllahu anhu was prepared to pay him. He offered the shepherd an explanation for the missing sheep suggesting he tell the owner that a wolf had eaten one of the flock, that nobody would know the truth. The young shepherd exclaimed, “What about Allah?”

Such love and fear and strength of Yaqeen!

Fearing Allah when you're alone is the best indicator of how strong our Imaan is : when you're at work and no one (except Allah) can see you, but you prevent yourself from betraying your boss or stealing public money. When you're at home alone and your room door is closed, your alone with your laptop, but you prevent yourself from visiting dirty websites, because you feel that Allah is seeing you right now.
If we can't do that, then there should be something wrong with our Imaan, and we're in a big danger if we don't work hard to increase our fear of Allah alone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Jazakallah khair for sharing... :)

tigerkhan
12-12-2010, 10:30 AM
plz recheck bcz i think the it was not Hazrat Umar Ra but Ibn Umar RA. plz check bcz i was also not sure.

Muslim Woman
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Salaam

nice story.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
salaam, jazakallah khair very nice.

Neelofar
02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Awesome Story!

ardianto
02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
plz recheck bcz i think the it was not Hazrat Umar Ra but Ibn Umar RA. plz check bcz i was also not sure.
You right. That was Abdullah ibn Umar (ra), not Umar ibn Khattab (ra).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!