/* */

PDA

View Full Version : next sunday

serena77
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
okay i thought i had done this post yesterday but apparently not.... i was gonna go today but next sunday i'm going to go to the cultural center about 45 mins from here. insha'allah it will go well but i'm' kinda worried... i dont' know if there are any protocols i should know... i dont' even really know what to ask though i know i want to talk to someone in person... i know the whole dress modestly thing.... but thats as far as i've gotten....
i'm really excited and nervous too especially since it takes me to an area of NC i'm not famillar with
serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
11-07-2010, 06:44 PM
What kind of place is the cultural centre?
If you tell us more about it, perhaps people can give you advice how to behave and what to do/say ...

Muslimman
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
:sl:
You can ask anyone at the reception who / what / where you can ask :)

Alpha Dude
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Be confident sis. Ask Allah for guidance and help. He will surely guide you to the right path if you are sincere in your request.

If this meeting doesn't work out (inshaAllah it does), don't be down. There is wisdom behind everything and eventually, you will be given what you seek. Perservere, be sincere and consistent in asking for guidance. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
11-08-2010, 04:01 AM
May Allah SWT makes ease for you to do the right thing and walk on the straight path. amiin

Saad17
11-08-2010, 01:18 PM
First thing you should do is ask God for help so He may lift the burden off your chest. Trust me it gives confidence knowing there someone looking after you.

YusufNoor
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by serena77
okay i thought i had done this post yesterday but apparently not.... i was gonna go today but next sunday i'm going to go to the cultural center about 45 mins from here. insha'allah it will go well but i'm' kinda worried... i dont' know if there are any protocols i should know... i dont' even really know what to ask though i know i want to talk to someone in person... i know the whole dress modestly thing.... but thats as far as i've gotten....
i'm really excited and nervous too especially since it takes me to an area of NC i'm not famillar with
serena

try to arrive just before prayer, maybe 30 mins. that way, they will give you a bit of breathing room in a short bit. watch the prayer if you can.

upon arriving, make sure you scope out the entrances. there MIGHT be separate entrances for men amd women. needless to say, go to the women's side! IF you have some kind of head covering, wear it; and avoid pants unless you don't have any real long dresses.

and be prepared to be shocked! an "interested Christian" will probably make you the center of attention, which is why if they need to stop to pray, you will get some breathing room.

if there is a womens side, go there unless and Imam will want to talk to you. best if the give you an English speaking sister.

what kind of "community center" is it? by nationality, by Mudhab, Sufi?

gotta run

:wa:

serena77
11-08-2010, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What kind of place is the cultural centre?
If you tell us more about it, perhaps people can give you advice how to behave and what to do/say ...
thanks for everyone's imput.... sadly i don't know anything about the place.... ( other than i do wish it were a little closer ) .... its the triad islamic center... but I'm not getting any news about it....
Serena

caadam
11-09-2010, 05:21 AM
serena

I've been having the same question myself! I'm going to a Muslim community center this week as well, but I was wondering too about etiquette and such. :) Not trying to take over your thread, but since my question related, I hope you don't mind me asking the same question along with you. lol

YusufNoor
11-10-2010, 03:24 AM

i looked at their website, and other than mistaking the Dome of the Rock for Masjid Al Aqsa, nothing popped out as odd or shii'a or anything. it appeared mixed madhab, which should indicate nothing unreal for the sisters.

keep in mind:

use sister's entrance if they have one!

identify yourself as soon as you can as a non-Muslim! [some sisters, as well meaning as they are, can occasionally go ballistic when the see a sister without a hijab]

don't reach out to shake ANY mans hand! [toddler SHOULD be OK]

don't wear strong perfume! [or too noticeable]

as i put on Sister Caadam's thread [it should show up]; EVERY SINGLE MUSLIM THERE will be making dua and hoping that they get to see you take your Shahada! ergo, THEY will be more nervous than you! just "don't make any sudden moves" ;D;D;D whatever nervousness you have WILL NOT MATCH their ANXIETY!

write down any questions that you have so you don't forget them. map out exactly what you want to take away from there. as it is a Sunday and alot of folks don't work weekends, there MAY alot of folks there! especially kids for weekend schooling. be ask "essay" type questions, such as "can you explain..." especially if you need time to gather your thoughts! [alot of "goings on" came distract and or make you forgetful] [at the Somali Masjid on a weekend - hundreds of pp!]

for Caadam -Khalid's place might be a ghost-town on a Thursday daytime. HOWEVER if you manage to contact Khalid then you have a world class "dai-ee" [caller to Islam] at your disposal! few are as good as him at explaining Islam 101! Friday, Jumu'aah would be different. Abu Bakr said there were about 80 pp there last week.

:wa:

aadil77
11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
thanks for everyone's imput.... sadly i don't know anything about the place.... ( other than i do wish it were a little closer ) .... its the triad islamic center... but I'm not getting any news about it....
Serena
lol its not full of triads is it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!