/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am i ready??

kerrieL
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I need some advice.

I have been studying islam for the past year and a bit, learning all the basics..

what is islam
who is allah
the pillars
the articles of faith

I accept that there is only one god and i belive in the prophets. And ive been practicing my prayers, I also did ramadan this year.
But i feel something is missing... i feel im not getting enough from just learning.

Is this god telling me that im ready for shahada?? Please i need good advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't see why you shouldn't say the shahada and become a muslim. You already believe in one God and the Prophets and you're doing some of the obligatory rituals, like praying and fasting, so what's stopping you?

Reciting the Shahada shouldn't be delayed because one never knows when one might die and it's a good idea to die a believer so one can go to Heaven. I wouldn't delay reciting the shahada another moment.

Flower1111
11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Yes. my feeling says that You need the shahada to complete your faith. Im not aalim or very well studied in islam. But you need to complete it with the shahada im sure you will feel as a burden will fall from you. Shaytan might stop you from taking this step. So be stronger than shaytan and go to moqsue for your shahada. inshAllah it will be without regret. Everyone who did this experience end up crying and overwhelmed. I wish you all the best Dear sister.

tableeg
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Dear Sister,
Please read Quran alot.
  • Continue with 5 prayers in a day.
  • Read Ayat Al Kursi number 255 of Surat Albaqra(the cow number 2) as many times as you can
  • Also try to read Surat 112 Alikhlas, 113 Al Falaq and 114 Al nas minimum 3 times after each prayer.
  • Think in Allah and the universe (meditation). Prophet Ibrahim's faith increased through meditation and thinking
  • Communicate in this forum there are good brothers and sisters who will guide you to the right way inshaallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimman
11-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Salam Sis,
You are already a Muslim. No one can learn everything and we all may miss things that we don't know about. Also, watch out the Devil that always tries to disappoint and frustrate you.
May Allah guide you and us to the right path always.
Salam

serena77
11-11-2010, 12:12 AM
KerrieL
Congrats on your studies and moving closer to Him ... I kinda feel in much the same way... i have some concerns for myself... like ramadan and requirements to eat/drink w/ the loads of pills i have to take... I also have some links to practicing the arabic in the different prayers if you think they would help you... you may be way past me on that and not need it.

Oddly enough i read 3/4 of the cow (2nd Chapter of Quran) last night....
I wish you the best... follow your heart.... but let Allah *swt* guide your heart and mind.
Serena

Woodrow
11-11-2010, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kerrieL
I need some advice.

I have been studying islam for the past year and a bit, learning all the basics..

what is islam
who is allah
the pillars
the articles of faith

I accept that there is only one god and i belive in the prophets. And ive been practicing my prayers, I also did ramadan this year.
But i feel something is missing... i feel im not getting enough from just learning.

As soon as you know in your heart that you sincerly beleive the Shahadah to be true, You are ready to say the shahadah with sincerity. You can do so right this moment with Allaah(swt) as your witness and immediately return home to Islam, where you always belonged. The second you say the Shahadah with sincerity, you are Muslim even if you are alone in the privacy of your home. Allaah(swt) is the only witness you need.

When I said the Shahadah I was living in Texas and did not even know there were any Muslims in Texas, much less knowing if there were any Mosques. But all came into place over the past 5 years since I said the Shahadah.

It only takes a few seconds to become a Muslim, but it becomes a lifetime of learning to be a Muslim.

PreciousIslam
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kerrieL
I need some advice.

what is islam
who is allah
the pillars
the articles of faith

Ask God sincerely to show you what's missing.

IAmZamzam
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
This isn't Judaism we're talking about, where you have to study extensively for a bar mitzvah. If you believe it already then you essentially are a Muslim, but God wants you to take the final step and seal the deal with the shahadah, which is kind of like a promise. It's just a few words, why not say them? We could be your witnesses if you like.

Yanal
11-12-2010, 06:33 AM
:sl:

May Allaah guide you and bless you for your efforts. Its upto you in the end:).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!