/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters ONLY! Questions about my prayer-Please advise.

Jaanat
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Salam everyone,

I wanted to talk about my namaz. I feel like I am always doing it wrong. Some questions I have:

1.) Because of recent issues and stress related stuff, I have been missing my Fajr namaz for the past 2-3 days. But I do make it up. I know Allah said one namaz missed is like not praying at all. This has been a habit now. I feel ashame of myself. But I am worried Allah won't forgive me. I know its Fajr time but dumb shaytan takes control of me.
Q: Does Allah understand my issue of not waking up because of the stress and trauma I am going through (don't want to discuss publicly) or am I just thinking too high of myself and acting like I am special and Allah will forgive me. I mean everyone is suppose to pray. But for those who are in my case. Are their namaz forgiven when they make it up? (Talking about Fajr in particular)

2.) My class takes place during Asr and sometimes Magrib time also. I feel like I am always making my those namaz up on that day I have class.
Q: Does Allah understand my issue here? Does he say its okay for me to pray late?

3.) When I pray, I feel like I am never 100% focused on my namaz. Dumb shaytan I swear. I think about my classes, my assignments, what had happen that day, that someone doesn't interrupt my prayer, my personal issues, etc.
Q: Does my namaz gets kabuled anyway? Because my intention is for Allah to see that I am praying and that I remember him. But it is so hard with all that nonsense in my head.

4.) This is kind of personal question but I hope only girls are reading this. But every time I do wudu, I still feel I am dirty. I always feel I have broken my wudu because of you know what. No not because of farts and stuff because those are obvious. But you know what I mean!!! I don't even think wrong like that but still I get it. Please advise me on this one. I feel non of my namaz is kabuled because of especially my this problem. I seem impure all the time. I just move one way and I am impure.

5.) There is a room in my college for muslims to pray.
Q: I heard when you pray at a masjid, your prayer is worth 70's more?? So is this room in my college just a like a Masjid and is my prayer worth that much more. (No offence to anything but I mean I want to pray but I always want to get closer to Allah as possible.)

Thank you everyone for reading.
May Allah bless you all. Please remember me in your prayers. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masriya
11-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Dear Sister Jaanat,
I want you to calm down and take it easy. You are trying to pray and worship Allah correctly and get closer to Him and that means that you are trying your best. May Allah accept your prayers.

Regarding you questions:

1.) Because of recent issues and stress related stuff, I have been missing my Fajr namaz for the past 2-3 days. But I do make it up. I know Allah said one namaz missed is like not praying at all. This has been a habit now. I feel ashame of myself. But I am worried Allah won't forgive me. I know its Fajr time but dumb shaytan takes control of me.
Q: Does Allah understand my issue of not waking up because of the stress and trauma I am going through (don't want to discuss publicly) or am I just thinking too high of myself and acting like I am special and Allah will forgive me. I mean everyone is suppose to pray. But for those who are in my case. Are their namaz forgiven when they make it up? (Talking about Fajr in particular)

Namaz or Salat should be performed in the time Allah set for each:

004.103 When ye pass (Congregational) prayers, celebrate God's praises, standing, sitting down, or lying down on your sides; but when ye are free from danger, set up Regular Prayers: For such prayers are enjoined on believers at stated times.

The only time you do not perform salat in its stated times is when:
- you are unconscious
- you're life is in danger
- you were asleep (and the alarm clock did not wake you up)

If you overslept out of fatigue and it wasn't you're intention to miss fajr prayer, then it's OK , but that doesn't mean that you just give up; try your best to wake up.

You should try your best to wake up for fajr prayer e.g by setting more than one alarm clock to wake you up or by asking a muslim friend to call you at the time of fajr to wake you up; try going to bed early to be able to get up early and if you're of the kind of people who stay up late then wait for fajr prayer before going to bed.
Something that might also work is asking Allah sincerely before going to bed that he would enable you to get up for fajr prayer.

2.) My class takes place during Asr and sometimes Magrib time also. I feel like I am always making my those namaz up on that day I have class.
Q: Does Allah understand my issue here? Does he say its okay for me to pray late?
No it's not okay to pray Kadaa (after the prayer's stated time) . Prayer is your first priority even before class.
There is a time period between each prayer and the one after it so you can pray at any time during this time period and it only lasts five minutes. If you manage to pray Asr before your class then its OK, and then ask to be excused for 5 minutes if you don't get a break between classes to pray Magrib. (I once used to take a French course in the afternoon and prayed asr before it started and asked to be excused for 5 minutes in the middle for Magrib.)

3.) When I pray, I feel like I am never 100% focused on my namaz. Dumb shaytan I swear. I think about my classes, my assignments, what had happen that day, that someone doesn't interrupt my prayer, my personal issues, etc.
Q: Does my namaz gets kabuled anyway? Because my intention is for Allah to see that I am praying and that I remember him. But it is so hard with all that nonsense in my head.
Inshallah your prayer is kabuled.
When you are tired and have many thoughts going through your head then shaytan regards it as a chance to distract you from your prayer and it happens to almost everyone.
Someone even said once that if you forgot where something is and can't remember, go pray 2 rakaats and the shaytan will remind where it is in order to distract you from your salaat!
Just try the following:
- Say aauthu billallahi min alshaytan elrajeem (seek refuge against shaytan) before praying
- imagine that this would be the last time you'll pray before you die
- let prayer be a break from worldly affairs where you connect with Allah and charge your iman (faith) so you can face the world until the next prayer comes.

4.) This is kind of personal question but I hope only girls are reading this. But every time I do wudu, I still feel I am dirty. I always feel I have broken my wudu because of you know what. No not because of farts and stuff because those are obvious. But you know what I mean!!! I don't even think wrong like that but still I get it. Please advise me on this one. I feel non of my namaz is kabuled because of especially my this problem. I seem impure all the time. I just move one way and I am impure.
This is probably due to waswasa from shaytan. If you feel you have a problem then perform a wudu for each salah (ie if you can't make sure of you're wudu for several salat) and inshaallah your prayers will be accepted. Try asking for fatwa where you live; you could send them your question on paper or even by email and not mention your name. (You couldn't detail it here so I'm not so sure what you mean and private messaging is still disabled for me).

5.) There is a room in my college for muslims to pray.
Q: I heard when you pray at a masjid, your prayer is worth 70's more?? So is this room in my college just a like a Masjid and is my prayer worth that much more. (No offence to anything but I mean I want to pray but I always want to get closer to Allah as possible.)
Inshallah Allah will reward you for trying to get closer to Him. Allah only knows that and it depends on how much you are faithful and on your intentions.

In the end I just want to wish you a Happy Eid and may you become closer to Allah each year. :sunny:

Peace

Flower1111
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I also have this feeling of my salaat to be not proper.becuz i keep thinking of all kind of things while praying..i cant help but shaytan comes and suddenly i see myself distracted again without i realized it..but yes i hear its only waswasa of shaytan and even the most pious ppl get this. It is normal as we are humans Even Abu Bakr ra had it as mentioned in a hadith ..shaytan afterwards makes us think tht our namaz isnt accepted so tht we stop namaz..

Jaanat
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Thank you sister for your long and caring reply. I really appreciate you to take your time in writing so much. I will take act on it now.

I also have another question. I always feel that I annoy people. I don't talk to others, I am always home but when I do have something to say, I talk about school work. Like when I am asking about something in school. And then I just sense a annoyance from others.

I say to myself that I am only here to please Allah but I still feel like I annoy a lot of people lately. I mean if it was normal I wouldn't talk about it but this matter seems to be a daily thing now. Did someone do something to me?

Thanks sisters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Masriya
11-16-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jaanat
I also have another question. I always feel that I annoy people. I don't talk to others, I am always home but when I do have something to say, I talk about school work. Like when I am asking about something in school. And then I just sense a annoyance from others. I say to myself that I am only here to please Allah but I still feel like I annoy a lot of people lately. I mean if it was normal I wouldn't talk about it but this matter seems to be a daily thing now. Did someone do something to me?

Asalamu Alaikum

Don't talk too much about schoolwork then (except if you're asking a teacher). It's best that you talk little and only talk when necessary it's what the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) guided us to do.
At the same time, you should try being on good terms with everybody, not necessarily best friends, but at least make some conversation.
I know that people can be different from you and having different interests. Just share your common interests with them and show them that a good muslim is an amiable person.
Interacting with people only for work and being too serious annoys them.

I once heard a story about hedgehogs, when it was cold they huddled close together but their spikes caused them to hurt each other so they decided to stand apart but then they felt cold. They kept moving closer and farther from each other until they reached a distance that was not too close or too far.

That is how our relationship with one another should be. If you don't interact much with people then you'll feel lonely and unhappy and they won't like you. If you get too close to them (too friendly or too nosy) you'll also be hurt.

Take care
Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!