/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and terrorism

Masriya
11-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Relating islam to terrorism has been discussed very much lately, especially with several repeated events related to AL-Qaeda.
My question is what can we muslims do as individuals to stop people thinking that islam is a religion that promotes terrorism? Also what is being currently done towards that?

As a muslim living in a muslim country, I think my contribution can only be small, possibly only through the internet (one of the reasons I joined this forum), but what can we do to convince the world that terrorism isn't part of islam even if we tell them verses of the Quran and ahadith, would they listen?

Can we convince people at Al-Qaeda and others like them that what they are doing is wrong?

I appreciate your opinions.

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Excellent question sister.
You can only tell people the truth, you cannot make them listen, sadly. Those who don't want to listen - would never change their mind about an opinion they have formed.
I guess the best way to stop people thinking Islam promotes terrorism is by talking to people, when they say something incorrect, then correct them, but, it will only work if they want to listen, else it will just fall on deaf ears imsad

Sigma
01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Some non-muslims don't want to hear the truth. They clutch the straws of anti-islamic propaganda and block their ears. it is a real shame.

selsebil
01-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

We should just tell the reality of Quran as much as possible.

Islam teaches peace.According to Qur'an killing an innocent person is like killing all humanity.A real Muslim cannot be a terrorist. Qur'an never justifies killing even just one innocent person.
"If any one slew a person -unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- it would be as if he slew the whole people," Qur’an, 5:32
the rights of an innocent man cannot be cancelled for the sake of all the people. A single individual may not be sacrificed for the good of all. In the view of Almighty Allah's compassion, right is right, there is no difference between great and small. The small may not be annulled for the great. Without his consent, the life and rights of an individual may not be sacrificed for the good of the community. If he consents to sacrifice them in the name of patriotism, that is a different matter.

http://www.lightofquran.info/15letter.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
01-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Simple. "History will not remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King- Get out there and demonstrate against it with picket signs. I mean, in Denmark, the streets were full of Muslims protesting a Muhammad cartoon a few years ago, so why not a peaceful demonstration against terrorism? You may ask what some average man or woman can do? Well look at history and see how many common people made huge differences.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!