/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When is Eid ul Adha?

CosmicPathos
11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Assalam Alaikum,

I am confused. When should I be celebrating Eid in Canada? On the 16th or 17th of November? Can you provide me with scholarly articles on that?

Walaikum assalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
anyone got any clue?

Beardo
11-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Here in California, there's a split. Some Tuesday, Some Wednesday. Those who follow moon sighting are doing it Wednesday, and those who follow Saudi Arabia/ICNA are doing it Tuesday. :D

CosmicPathos
11-14-2010, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Here in California, there's a split. Some Tuesday, Some Wednesday. Those who follow moon sighting are doing it Wednesday, and those who follow Saudi Arabia/ICNA are doing it Tuesday. :D
same here. which one is the correct opinion?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimman
11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
There is a Fatwa by the Egyptian Mufty says that on Hajj, all muslims should follow the moon declaration by Saudi Arabia, as Hajj is performed there. I read another Fatwa by Sheikh Yusuf Al Qaradawy says that all Muslims should seek science calculation on moon sighting as it is an abo****e fact now and ther's no need to moon sight anymore.

hafiz78664
11-19-2010, 12:58 PM
nice, good topic

kashmirshazad
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Just do it on Decembe 25th with the rest of your brethren, remember me when you have your turkey with onion stuffings lol

Yanal
11-21-2010, 07:13 AM
^ :sl: brother

I don't understand what point you are trying to imply on this topic..

CosmicPathos
11-21-2010, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kashmirshazad
Just do it on Decembe 25th with the rest of your brethren, remember me when you have your turkey with onion stuffings lol
are you sayign christians are my brothers and that means i am a kaafir?

Yanal
11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
:sl:

Exactly what I was about to say,don't fret brother:).

Adem Al-Albani
11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Eid ul Adha was last Tuesday.

Beardo
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
are you sayign christians are my brothers and that means i am a kaafir?
Now now, don't overcomplicate things, brother. lol...

Anyhow, Eid was celebrated on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on your opinion and/or location.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!