/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you like some Mcdonalds ?

babo
11-14-2010, 07:39 AM
why as it become so normal for some of our Muslim brothers and sisters to just go in a fast food restaurant and eat food that is not halal ? and worst of all feeding it to their children. Developing their test for what is clearly haram. Is it because we are forgetting to remember Allah swt during our daily lives or we just don't care anymore ??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
11-14-2010, 08:02 AM
around my ends its not like that at all. sure some muslims may have girlfreinds etc but when it comes to alcohol, haram food etc theres a definite line which is not usually crossed.

i dont like to eat at mcdonalds anyway, i dont like the atmosphere and i wonder where the money i spend goes (cough zionists). i guess the love of the dunya outweighs the fear of Allah for some.

Asiyah3
11-14-2010, 11:11 AM
:sl:

Some Muslims deny it's not halal. In Finland, it was said that about 50 % of the chicken meat of McDonalds is halal. And to some people that makes all of the McDonald's meat - both the chicken meat and the beef meat - halal.

I told one person that I researched this on the net and read the newspaper which reported this and it was said only 50 % (or less) of the chicken meat is halal, as for the beef meet it is not halal at all. Guess if they listen "Wallah I don't know. This is what I heard, and this is what I know.:blind:". May Allah forgive the person who spread this.

Some others think only pork is haram.

GuestFellow
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM

I've heard some Muslims only buy the chips and fish burger..... o_o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Assalamualaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
I think thats a good idea. Don't you think ?

Woodrow
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
In today's fast paced, expensive world in which both parents must work outside the home fast food restaurants have become a way of life. Perhaps the solution is for more Muslims to become involved in the food industry instead of fancy careers in medicine, law or engineering. The Jews have done it, you can find Kosher food, Restaurants, and fast Kosher Delis in nearly every corner of the world, in spite of the Jews being one of the smallest ethnic groups. If the Jews can do it with only 14 million Jews world wide, we certainly can do much more with nearly 2 Billion of us.

GuestFellow
11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum

I think thats a good idea. Don't you think ?
:wa:

I think it is best to avoid all fast foods.

Innocent Soul
11-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Assalamualaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
I think it is best to avoid all fast foods.
You are right ,this would be much better :).

Woodrow
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bro
You know, I've always wanted to be a farmer of some kind. My parents always had a passion for the outdoors, growing their own food and what not. I never thought about making it into a career or a way of life though until recently. I'm not sure what area would be an ideal location but, I've always had a thing for the west side (us) because the weather always looks nice. I wonder how easy or hard it would be to get into this sort of field. (sorry for being so off topic)
This can be a new thread. I am going to move this over to a new thread in the General Section. Titled "How to be a Farmer"

GuestFellow
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
In today's fast paced, expensive world in which both parents must work outside the home fast food restaurants have become a way of life. Perhaps the solution is for more Muslims to become involved in the food industry instead of fancy careers in medicine, law or engineering. The Jews have done it, you can find Kosher food, Restaurants, and fast Kosher Delis in nearly every corner of the world, in spite of the Jews being one of the smallest ethnic groups. If the Jews can do it with only 14 million Jews world wide, we certainly can do much more with nearly 2 Billion of us.

I agree that there is too much emphasis on Muslims to go into science. However not many go into law...those who study a degree in law don't take further exams to become a solicitor/barrister and I don't blame them. X_X

aadil77
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I love mcdonalds (halal), my mum has even brought me some burgers all the way from dubai :D - cause there's no halal mcdonalds here

S.Belle
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
you guys need to watch 30 days and u will never want mcdonalds for the rest of your life

tango92
11-14-2010, 05:43 PM
uncle, my dad owns a chicken shop. round london practically every chicken shop you see has a halal logo on it. the only haram stuff is mcdonalds and kfc.

GuestFellow
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
^ KFC do halal too.

Woodrow
11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
uncle, my dad owns a chicken shop. round london practically every chicken shop you see has a halal logo on it. the only haram stuff is mcdonalds and kfc.
Here in the USA the situation is much different. Where I live I know of only one halal farm in all of North Dakota (in Area ND is about the size of the entire UK) My friend Nahra who owns the farm raises about 6 goats a year to sell. Not much meat for the approximate 500 Muslims who live year round in ND, Here the Fast food chains are found in only 4 cities Bismarck, Fargo, Jamestown and Valley City I believe that makes a total of 8 Macdonalds in all of the State Bismarck and Fargo each have 3. However, in those cities they have become a necessity for the working population and the College Students. Nearly all of the Muslims in ND live in those 4 cities. I believe my wife and myself are the only 2 who live in a rural areas and we definitely are the only two on Standing rock Lakotah Reservation. although in the southern part of Standing rock which is the Cheyenne river Reservation there are 8. we have no fast food restaurants or any other type of restaurant. We have to eat what we prepare or not eat. Because of the lack of Halal meat we live essentially a vegetarian life except for fish. Although about once a year we do manage to buy a few pounds of goat meat from our friend.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

I know some muslims believe that if you do go into any of these Mcdonalds or Kfs, reciting "Bismillah" makes the food permissable/halal such as chicken, which i dont think is correct either but Allaah knows best.

I never eat at these places, like bro Tango said i dont like the atmosphere :-\

So no Mcdonalds for me yay! :-\

Wa alaaykum salaam

Tyrion
11-14-2010, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

I know some muslims believe that if you do go into any of these Mcdonalds or Kfs, reciting "Bismillah" makes the food permissable/halal such as chicken, which i dont think is correct either but Allaah knows best.

Wa alaaykum salaam
Yes, that's a fairly popular opinion. I also know many people who use the reasoning that because the US is a primarily Christian country, the food we find in their stores is considered from the people of the book. Whatever the truth may be though, lets try not to pass judgement on those whose opinion on the matter differs from our own.

I've only recently started eating halal meat, not because I think one ruling on the matter is stronger than the others, but because I feel like the method of slaughtering used here is fairly cruel. Also, I think it's healthier if I stop eating at all the fast food places around here. :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
No judgement was passed Alhamdulilaah, in Islaam there is no place for "opinions"

and i said Allaah knows best

aadil77
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Yes, that's a fairly popular opinion. I also know many people who use the reasoning that because the US is a primarily Christian country, the food we find in their stores is considered from the people of the book. Whatever the truth may be though, lets try not to pass judgement on those whose opinion on the matter differs from our own.
Like the sis above has said, there is no place for personal opinions in islam, either you follow what Allah has commanded or you don't. There is no difference of opinion amongst scholars on the matter either, there is only one valid ruling - you can only eat meat that is slaughtered according islamic law. Either that or you can easily survive on vegetables and seafood.

I've only recently started eating halal meat, not because I think one ruling on the matter is stronger than the others
Not because Allah says so in the Qur'an?

tango92
11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

I never eat at these places, like bro Tango said i dont like the atmosphere :-\

So no Mcdonalds for me yay! :-\

Wa alaaykum salaam
alot of it is to do with the music. the best thing is to get a home lunch and eat out.

Tyrion
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Like the sis above has said, there is no place for personal opinions in islam, either you follow what Allah has commanded or you don't. There is no difference of opinion amongst scholars on the matter either, there is only one valid ruling - you can only eat meat that is slaughtered according islamic law. Either that or you can easily survive on vegetables and seafood.

Not because Allah says so in the Qur'an?
Calm down. :p From my understanding, there ARE differences of opinion. It's alright if you don't think so, but all I'm saying is to respect those who hold a slightly different view.

I have started to eat Halal meat for a number of reasons, including Islamic ones. I do however understand where other people are coming from when their opinion on the issue differs from my own.

aadil77
11-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Calm down. :p From my understanding, there ARE differences of opinion. It's alright if you don't think so, but all I'm saying is to respect those who hold a slightly different view.

I have started to eat Halal meat for a number of reasons, including Islamic ones. I do however understand where other people are coming from when their opinion on the issue differs from my own.
There is no difference of opinion, its just a misconception amongst muslims that saying bismillah will make the meat halal.

You can read more about it below:

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Posted: 15 Muharram 1422, 9 April 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.) Some people in the Arab countries say that as per some hadith whose meaning is something like this "That people asked as to whether we should eat from food offered from people of other religions, as we do not know of if it is Halal or not" upon which the answer from the Holy Prophet was that say Bismillah and eat."
I do not know the exact words nor I know this hadith. Please advice. Wassalam. Hasan - Jeddah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.) The Hadith in the question is incorrectly quoted.

The Hadith in reference is quoted in Bukhari. The Sahaba, Radi-Allahu anhum, enquired from Rasulullah about the meat slaughtered by the A’araab (Muslims living in the outskirts). Since they have recently accepted Islam and the Sahaba, Radi-Allahu anhum, did not witness the slaughtering and the Tasmiyah (reciting of Bismillah) during the slaughter, that created a doubt in them.

Upon that, Rasulullah said, "You say Bismillah and eat the meat." In other words, you do what you are supposed to do, that is, recite Bismillah before eating and do not have a baseless doubt as the animal is slaughtered by Muslims who must have recited Tasmiyah before slaughtering. The order to recite Bismillah and eat was not as a substitute for the Bismillah at the time of slaughtering. (Fathul Bari; Ibn Hajar)

It is not permissible to purchase meat from non-Muslim outlets and simply recite Bismillah and eat it.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

coolhaseena786
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Good question. I think mainly because most Muslims living in America and/or UK don't research the actual ingredients found in the fish meals and French fries. From my own personal experience with some of my family members, most of the Muslims don't know that the process cooking the fish meals is haram. Due to the hectic busy lives here in America and/or UK, most Muslims I think want a quick meal so that's why they chose to eat McDonald's. To answer your question, it's basically due to lack of knowledge Muslims go to McDonald's.

Asiyah3
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
From my understanding, there ARE differences of opinion.
Please do bring your evidence. From the Qur'aan and Sunnah, or are your beliefs and way of life based on what some do and say contrary to the Qur'aan and Sunnah?

Ansariyah
11-16-2010, 08:18 PM
The food is horrible, the service sucks...Plus no one can really guarantee u 100% that any of their Food is really Halal!

nature
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
LOL! i have cousins like that. they also eat the chicken/beef burgers that we know arent halal, yet they think its ok. ?

so you didnt consume halal meat before ? interesting. odd question but cant you taste the difference ?

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
The food is horrible, the service sucks...Plus no one can really guarantee u 100% that any of their Food is really Halal!
I actually lived off macdonals, it was convenient, even if it was unhealthy. I had heard rumours that along with the fish burgers, the fry the chips in some sort of animal fat. I stopped going since then, but i did have a discussion with a friend ysday, who refused to put their life on hold, when it comes to rumours LOL, i think its fascinating how people are so passionate about their love of food, that they would rather still go ahead and consume stuff like this, even though they aint sure if its halal or not.

Rafeeq
12-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I do not eat mecdonalds.... I don't like it

أحمد
12-15-2010, 08:51 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Those are probably cooked in the same oil, as the pork, and other haraam stuff. Its best to avoid anything, which is haraam or doubtful.

sabr*
12-15-2010, 09:38 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

The fish served in McDonalds is permissible for those who follow the Sunna and observe halal dietary laws. Doesn't require a fatwa to agree with what Allah has permitted. There are McDonalds in Muslim dominated countries that serve Hilal meat.

http://www.mcdonaldsarabia.com/

Attachment 4207

Even as fatwa's are sought out to justify ones current habits.

Unless there is a Muslim who has factual evidence on fish served at a particular McDonald's being mixed with non-Halal ingredients and not conjecture.

The oil the fish is fried in is Vegetable Oil. (Did a check today in my area and called McDonald's corporate: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/contact_us.html).

Even when the Dalil (evidence) from Quran is presented the arguments and conjecture will continue.

Surah Ma'idah 5:96

96. Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water-game and its use for food - for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel, but forbidden is (the pursuit of) land-game as long as you are in a state of Ihram (for Hajj or 'Umrah). And fear Allah to Whom you shall be gathered back.
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Surah An-Nahl 16:14

14. And He it is Who has subjected the sea (to you), that you eat thereof fresh tender meat (i.e. fish), and that you bring forth out of it ornaments to wear. And you see the ships ploughing through it, that you may seek (thus) of His Bounty (by transporting the goods from place to place) and that you may be grateful.

Surah Fatir 35:12

12. And the two seas (kinds of water) are not alike, this fresh sweet, and pleasant to drink, and that saltish and bitter. And from them both you eat fresh tender meat (fish), and derive the ornaments that you wear. And you see the ships cleaving (the sea-water as they sail through it), that you may seek of His Bounty, and that you may give thanks.

Even as the clear evidence is presented some will be the most contentious.

nature
12-16-2010, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
The fish served in McDonalds is permissible for those who follow the Sunna and observe halal dietary laws. Doesn't require a fatwa to agree with what Allah has permitted. There are McDonalds in Muslim dominated countries that serve Hilal meat.
Isnt it better to not eat it ? if were unsure ? if its a muslim country, then its obvious its gona be halal, but like the uk, its debatable, wat they actually fry things in.

أحمد
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by nature
Isnt it better to not eat it ? if were unsure ? if its a muslim country, then its obvious its gona be halal, but like the uk, its debatable, wat they actually fry things in.
There are a few "halal only" branches of McDonald's in Britain, but those are very few. Majority of British McDonald's, do fry stuff all in the same oil. Earlier on, I wasn't 100% sure, so I only stated that they may do so. So, the only "halal" food you'll get from a British McDonald's, would be from one of those few halal branches.

Of course, people will continue to make excuses for "McDonald's", but we have to keep in mind that they've got their "reasons" to make excuses. McDonald's is home to many employees, including Muslims.

My post is about the "non-halal" branches of
McDonald's, in Britain only.

sabr*
12-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Ukhti nature:

when we had access to halil meat it was only Zabihah (lawful process of slaughtering meat by Islamic dietary laws) and we wouldn't promote eating at any resturant that wasn't Zabihah mainly because of cross contamination of haram (unlawful) products.

http://www.zabihah.com/b/United-States+125

Our previous post only addressed those who attempt to prohibit what Allah has made Hilal (dietarily lawful) which is fish.

There are various reasons why people promote abstaining from eating at certain franchises, those who do it because of politics or hatred of a country and not because Allah directed is what we address. The tribalism motives and not making Allahs word superior. The conspiracy theories and endless conjecture.

The I think syndrome (personal opinions) verses what Allah and his Nabi (

) has directed.

If a practicing Muslim is unaware of the contents and processing of any food they should abstain especially when Halil alternatives are available.

Muslims should only persue facts and not promote a lifetime of guessing and assuming.

Grace Seeker
12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Muslims should only persue facts and not promote a lifetime of guessing and assuming.

So, go to the McDonalds website and you will no longer have to guess or be unsure:

What oils do you cook with?
McDonald’s uses a Canola blend cooking oil. All fried menu items in McDonald’s U.S. restaurants are now 0 grams trans fat per serving. This includes French Fries, Hash Browns, all non-grilled chicken choices and the Filet-O-Fish.

Are peanut or soy used in your vegetable oil blend?
We use a Canola blend cooking oil, which does contain some soybean oil. All fried menu items in McDonald's U.S. restaurants are now 0 grams trans fat per serving. This includes French Fries, Hash Browns, all chicken choices and the Filet-O-Fish.

Do you fry different types of meat in the same oil?
No, our fried menu items (some chicken and fish menu items) are cooked in separate oil baskets.

أحمد
12-16-2010, 09:57 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
So, go to the McDonalds website and you will no longer have to guess or be unsure:
I don't blindly trust any website, so I went and checked (At Bimingham, outside the Pallasades). Its interesting how they "confidentally" make a statement on their website, which is obviously untrue. Whether its untrue for only "less important" parts of the country (where there're less "upper class" people), or its true for everywhere, I'm not sure. I just know about where I checked.

Grace Seeker
12-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know where Bimingham is. The above was for McDonald's in the USA. What did they tell you at the one you visited?

أحمد
12-16-2010, 10:22 PM

I don't know where Bimingham is. The above was for McDonald's in the USA. What did they tell you at the one you visited?
Birmingham's in Britain (UK). I went there, asked them if they fry "stuff" in the same oil, and sure enough- they do. Even the "halal" branches fry everything in the same oil; the difference is that the halal branches only prepare and serve halal food.

So yes, McDonald's does have halal branches, offering halal food; cooked in oil which is only used for cooking halal food. These branches are very few, but do exist.

Grace Seeker
12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
And, according to McDonald's website, in the USA everything is fried in the same type of oil, but not the same fryer. In the restaurants that I have personal knowledge how it is done we had one large fryer in which all the french fries and hashbrowns were cooked. Then we had a different smaller fryer for the chicken and for the fish. I can't remember right now what fryer the hot apple pies were cooked in.

Insaanah
12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
McDonald's were taken to issue over fries that weren't vegetarian ten years ago:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/1348296.stm and lessons seem to have been learned from that.

However, even now, what can, at face value, appear to be the vegetarian/halal option, such as the Veggie Deli, may not be:
http://www.shropshirelive.com/2010/1...on-vegetarian/

أحمد
12-16-2010, 10:50 PM

And, according to McDonald's website, in the USA everything is fried in the same type of oil, but not the same fryer. In the restaurants that I have personal knowledge how it is done we had one large fryer in which all the french fries and hashbrowns were cooked. Then we had a different smaller fryer for the chicken and for the fish. I can't remember right now what fryer the hot apple pies were cooked in.
Apple pies are usually baked, I'm not sure if they fry them in USA. By "the same oil", I didn't suggest it was "separate"; I stated it as it was. It maybe different in USA, but that hardly solves the problem for everyone else. That's the reason for them introducing "halal branches" of McDonald's in Britain.

nature
12-17-2010, 08:35 AM
when we had access to halil meat it was only Zabihah (lawful process of slaughtering meat by Islamic dietary laws) and we wouldn't promote eating at any resturant that wasn't Zabihah mainly because of cross contamination of haram (unlawful) products.
Did i say otherwise ? your point ?

If a practicing Muslim is unaware of the contents and processing of any food they should abstain especially when Halil alternatives are available.
I do.! your point ?

Muslims should only persue facts and not promote a lifetime of guessing and assuming

OK! I was only saying personally i wouldnt consume anything if i wasnt sure. Its not like im gona starve if i dont have one. there are alternatives, and im fully aware of that.

format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد
I don't blindly trust any website,
Neither do I. what happens in the kitchen is totally different, to whats published on a website.

nature
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
McDonald's were taken to issue over fries that weren't vegetarian ten years ago:

I had also read of this.

Ramadhan
12-17-2010, 09:20 AM
All McDonalds in Indonesia are halal, alhamdulillah.
I dont go there though, I find their offerings not tasty, although their rice and fried chickens are allright (yes, McDonalds in Indonesia serve rice and fried chicken, which actually their most popular item).

sabr*
12-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Ukhti nature:

the post was not only addressing your question but the conjecture submitted within the thread. Reread entire thread.

S<Chowdhury
12-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Mcdonalds = blehhhhhhhhh its mostly disgusting these days if you know anything bout fast food you gotta hit your local PFC, RFC, Xtreme Fried Chicken Sam's Chicken (Halal branch) :D , Chicken Cottage......who cares about the pound menu its all about 2 for 2 haha :)

sabr*
12-17-2010, 08:29 PM

If practicing Muslims who follow the Sunnah cook their own food no doubt would be created.

We observe a Hilal diet that includes fish and vegetables.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...-benefits.html

Pesco-Vegetarianism

According to Dr. Bill Sears, a professor at the University of California at Irvine, vegetarians who consume fish are called "pesco-vegetarians". The word "pesco" is derived from the Latin word for "fish". Pesco-vegetarians are a type of semi-vegetarian who also may consume other forms of seafood, like shrimp and scallops, but no land-animal derived food, like chicken or beef.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...#ixzz18P1ECoAv

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
12-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Halil and healthy food that will make your mouth water.

Getting hungry yet?

Jazakumullahu Khair

Grace Seeker
12-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks interesting, except for the chick peas. However, I don't recognize a lot of it, so I would have to try some before knowing if my mouth would water for it in the future. If you're offering samples, I think I would like to start with the plate in the top right corner. That looks pretty good.

SafaAuditore
12-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol Sabr*, the only thing that looks good there is the hummus XD I'm seriously in love with hummus and it just helps the stereotypes that think ALLLLLLLLL muslims love hummus lol XD But seriously, who's to blame em? It's GOOD!

But back on topic...
I don't even eat fast food. Mcdonalds is wayyy better than Burger king though, and where i live, Mcdonalds chicken is..erm.."halal". If you guys are talking about the way they kill there animals -- well..then nothing in america is halal O.o

I don't eat anything much really...cause i don't wanna be fat. Fast food is nothing but a heart attack in a bag. It's like... "WITH ONLY 5.00 YOU COULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND EXTRA WEIGHT IN NO TIME!" Why????

Solution to all this Halal/Haram nonsense:
Stop eating fast food - it's gross, dirty, full of hair, spit, and maybe even other...things...and it'll only get u fat, sick, and ugly.

Make your burgers at home, your fries at home, your parfaits at home, your salads at home, oooor even better! Don't make ANYTHING at home. Go work out or something, the world is turning uber fat =/

sabr*
12-17-2010, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
Lol Sabr*, the only thing that looks good there is the hummus XD I'm seriously in love with hummus and it just helps the stereotypes that think ALLLLLLLLL muslims love hummus lol XD But seriously, who's to blame em? It's GOOD!

But back on topic...
I don't even eat fast food. Mcdonalds is wayyy better than Burger king though, and where i live, Mcdonalds chicken is..erm.."halal". If you guys are talking about the way they kill there animals -- well..then nothing in america is halal O.o

I don't eat anything much really...cause i don't wanna be fat. Fast food is nothing but a heart attack in a bag. It's like... "WITH ONLY 5.00 YOU COULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND EXTRA WEIGHT IN NO TIME!" Why????

Solution to all this Halal/Haram nonsense:
Stop eating fast food - it's gross, dirty, full of hair, spit, and maybe even other...things...and it'll only get u fat, sick, and ugly.

Make your burgers at home, your fries at home, your parfaits at home, your salads at home, oooor even better! Don't make ANYTHING at home. Go work out or something, the world is turning uber fat =/
Uhkti Gothique:

That is the misconception regarding Halil meat in America. The Fatwa that have been created regarding just saying Bismillah over haram meat is not accepted nor recognized beyond the United States, Britian, etc and those who actually have been eating the harm meat anyway. Having a complete understanding on the background which saying Bismillah over food is important. Saying Bismillah over haram (unlawful) food doesn't make it Halil (lawful).

The exceptions: (In case of starvation which it is permitted to even eat pork in that case) Astaghfirullah!

aadil77

There is no difference of opinion, its just a misconception amongst muslims that saying bismillah will make the meat halal.

You can read more about it below:

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Posted: 15 Muharram 1422, 9 April 2001

Q.) Some people in the Arab countries say that as per some hadith whose meaning is something like this "That people asked as to whether we should eat from food offered from people of other religions, as we do not know of if it is Halal or not" upon which the answer from the Holy Prophet was that say Bismillah and eat."
I do not know the exact words nor I know this hadith. Please advice. Wassalam. Hasan - Jeddah.

A.) The Hadith in the question is incorrectly quoted.

The Hadith in reference is quoted in Bukhari. The Sahaba, Radi-Allahu anhum, enquired from Rasulullah about the meat slaughtered by the A’araab (Muslims living in the outskirts). Since they have recently accepted Islam and the Sahaba, Radi-Allahu anhum, did not witness the slaughtering and the Tasmiyah (reciting of Bismillah) during the slaughter, that created a doubt in them.

Upon that, Rasulullah said, "You say Bismillah and eat the meat." In other words, you do what you are supposed to do, that is, recite Bismillah before eating and do not have a baseless doubt as the animal is slaughtered by Muslims who must have recited Tasmiyah before slaughtering. The order to recite Bismillah and eat was not as a substitute for the Bismillah at the time of slaughtering. (Fathul Bari; Ibn Hajar)

It is not permissible to purchase meat from non-Muslim outlets and simply recite Bismillah and eat it.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
Jazakumullahu Khair

SafaAuditore
12-17-2010, 09:23 PM

Uhkti Gothique:

That is the misconception regarding Halil meat in America. The Fatwa that have been created regarding just saying Bismillah over haram meat is not accepted nor recognized beyond the United States, Britian, etc and those who actually have been eating the harm meat anyway. Having a complete understanding on the background which saying Bismillah over food is important. Saying Bismillah over haram (unlawful) food doesn't make it Halil (lawful).

The exceptions: (In case of starvation which it is permitted to even eat pork in that case) Astaghfirullah!

Jazakumullahu Khair
So ...we're allowed to eat absolutely NO meat in the USA? lol that's weird, and good at the same time.
I don't really mind cause i don't eat it anyway

sabr*
12-17-2010, 09:27 PM

The Zabiha process ensures that the name of Allah is pronounced at the time of slaughtering, that a quick movement of a sharp blade severs the veins and arteries of the neck, allowing the drainage of blood. The animal must suffer as little pain as possible. The Zabiha process improves the meat’s taste, shelf-life and healthiness.

Halal or Zabihah?

Halal is an all encompassing Arabic word that literally means permissible. The Holy Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) give detailed guidelines on what exactly is considered permissible, and therefore Halal and what is considered forbidden or Haram.

Islamic Services of America refers to the Holy Quran and Prophet’s traditions in our philosophy, methods, and standards.

The word 'zabihah' is a specific Arabic word that literally means ‘slaughtered’. It is derived from the Arabic word “Thabih” which means slaughter. In some cultures this word is pronounced “zabih”.

Hence the term zabihah. In order for a consumable product to be Halal, the Quran and Sunnah give guidance on how to slaughter. Zabihah, however, does not in any way substantially define or encompass what is truly Halal. It is only one specific element that relates to how or if an animal is slaughtered.

An example of this is that one can slaughter a pig or a human, but neither is permissible to consume. Similarly ‘zabihah’ makes no reference to the consumption of blood, or meat that is contaminated with impurities, witchcraft or dead carcasses.

All of which are prohibited in the Quran and Sunnah. To be recognized as Halal all of the above must not be present in the product or process.

Jazakumullahu Khair

SafaAuditore
12-19-2010, 04:30 AM
oohh thanks for clarifying =)

aadil77
12-19-2010, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
So ...we're allowed to eat absolutely NO meat in the USA? lol that's weird, and good at the same time.
I don't really mind cause i don't eat it anyway
lol does that mean that no one supplies halal meat is the US? of course not, plenty of muslims here are from the states, I'm sure theres loads of halal butchers around where they buy their meat from

Woodrow
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
lol does that mean that no one supplies halal meat is the US? of course not, plenty of muslims here are from the states, I'm sure theres loads of halal butchers around where they buy their meat from

Sadly, there are very few Muslim farmers here in the US. I only know of one in the entire Dakotas Montana and Wyoming and he only raises 5 or 6 goats a year. The laws governing meat production for resale are vey complex and it usually invlives the farmer raising it, selling it at auction and the slaughter house that buys it doing the slaughter. Here you may have a person raising the animal in a halal manner and have it sold at a slaughter housethat simply mass slaughters on a prodcution line.

To get genuine halal meat you have to be certain who raised it and who slaughtered it. this will usually be a small loval farmer. Who probably can not get certification to resell meat. So essentially you need to have a Muslim friend who owns a farm and is willing to share in the buying and slaughtering of food animals. I live almost in the center of the Beef producing region of the USA and I do not know of any producers of halal beef. The closest I came was a year ago when a non-Muslim friend raised a cow for me. It turned out to be a very expensive venture. I myself do not have sufficient land to raise even one cow, it takes quite a bit of grazing land for even one cow unless you can afford to feed them supplemental food in the winter months. The problem is the feeds for cattle usually contain waste from the slaughter houses which means the cattle raised on it are raised as partial carnivores and rendered haram even if slaughtered in the Zabiah manner.

Grace Seeker
12-20-2010, 03:08 AM
Woodrow, I have been to grocers that labelled their meat as halal. I don't mean large chain stores, but small mom and pop establishments in Muslim populated neighborhoods in larger cities, and I assumed operated by people who were themselves Muslims. I don't know their suppliers, but are you suggesting their meat is probably mislabelled?

Woodrow
12-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Woodrow, I have been to grocers that labelled their meat as halal. I don't mean large chain stores, but small mom and pop establishments in Muslim populated neighborhoods in larger cities, and I assumed operated by people who were themselves Muslims. I don't know their suppliers, but are you suggesting their meat is probably mislabelled?
It would be safe to assume the grocer has contact with small farms. Outside of the beef production states small farms still exist. Until the demand for Halal meat becomes great enough for a large corporate farm to find it feasible, the source for halal beef will be limited to areas where small farms are still practical

Actually the small Mom/Pop stores are probably able to obtain halal meat especially in your part of the country. Up here in the Cattle producing regions which extend down into Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas, cattle production is more like a factory set-up and the local Mom/Pop establishments are virtually non-existent. Everything seems to be geared for raising 10,000 cows at a time and it is cost prohibitive to even try to raise one or 2 for home use. I can't even find one calf to buy although if I could afford to buy 1,000 or more I could find sellers in an instant.

Grace Seeker
12-20-2010, 04:29 AM
I can't even find one calf to buy although if I could afford to buy 1,000 or more I could find sellers in an instant.
Are you familiar with 4H? These kids, including sometimes those that don't come from farm families, often have the project of raising a single calf to market. Maybe they could give you ideas or connections on how to get a calf. If you can't do it in the Dakotas, I do know people in Illinois (and probably in Nebraska) who could provide you one or two, all you need is a way to provide transport.

Or, using the rule that everyone is connected to everyone by no more than 7 degrees of seperation, we might be able to get you a Dakota calf. A pastor that I served on staff with grew up in the Dakotas and still has family there. Is this something you're seriously interested in?

SafaAuditore
12-20-2010, 04:48 AM
lol bro i live in the middle of Ohio, not New York XD

nature
12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Ukhti nature: the post was not only addressing your question but the conjecture submitted within the thread. Reread entire thread

I dont need to. & i cant be bothered repeating myself.

Woodrow
12-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Are you familiar with 4H? These kids, including sometimes those that don't come from farm families, often have the project of raising a single calf to market. Maybe they could give you ideas or connections on how to get a calf. If you can't do it in the Dakotas, I do know people in Illinois (and probably in Nebraska) who could provide you one or two, all you need is a way to provide transport.

Or, using the rule that everyone is connected to everyone by no more than 7 degrees of seperation, we might be able to get you a Dakota calf. A pastor that I served on staff with grew up in the Dakotas and still has family there. Is this something you're seriously interested in?
Gene it is something I will be seriously interested in come spring time. But the location may be different. At the moment a new opportunity has come up and it looks like we will soon be moving again, this time to the North Cheyenne Reservation in Montana. It looks like we are acquiring a rather large farm there. A deal came up we can not turn down. One of our friends is heir to the farm and she and her family do not want to live on the Rez. My wife's family is originally from the Rez and she still has family there, so this is ideal for us.

Muezzin
12-28-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

According to these people, does that work with pork scratchings too?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!