/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taweez Related- Advice needed.

Jaanat
11-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Salam brothers/sisters,

Eid Mubarak first of all.

My question is regarding taweez. This is not a discussion for if taweez work or they don't. This is just for the education muslims to tell me when it is shirk and when it is now. Let me explain in details what I mean.

Two months ago I became really really sick. Sucide thoughts, stomach pain; would use the bathroom four times a day, insomnia, and thinking that there was a snake under me. I had never been throught and it really freaked me out.

Then I went to a well known spiritual healer, a imam here. He gave me some duas to put in water and to drink them. Al-humdulila I got better. I don't have any of those problems anymore. He told me someone had done the evil eye on me. I agreed because there was a enemy of mine who fed me sweets.

I told myself that this is because of Allah's help I got better. Allah is our only doctor and taweez/quran is our medicine.

Am I doing shirk here?

I don't believe that "oh the taweez helped me and not Allah."

But then again...

If I never got the taweez, I wouldn't be cured so quickly.

This is my confusion because one must think that with the taweez being there actually helps someone out.
Without that taweez, the problem wouldn't be solved like that. No offence to anyone.

Does shirk apply to those who don't pray and just expect the taweez to do the work?

or

Does it also apply to those who pray and believe in Allah; use taweez to do the work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another argument I want to make is...there is a saying where they say

"Only if Allah wills, the taweez will work."

So why would Allah make someone's enemy do such a thing to someone else?

I always prayed. Didn't do anything bad. Then why would Allah will such bad to happen to me?

Even if that enemy of someone did pray, this is not right to will such harm to someone.

And once again, please nothing about jadoo being haram and etc. Because this is not jadoo (logically). This is like medicine. I already know the facts. Surah Taha ayat 69 and etc. This is just for those who have personally experience what I have and or know anyone else who have and would like to tell me the facts about what I ask.

Thanks everyone for your time. :statisfie

P.S. if you would like to share your personal experience with me in private, please pm me. If it is too personal over here.

Shukriya.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
11-16-2010, 06:01 PM
:sl:

I always prayed. Didn't do anything bad. Then why would Allah will such bad to happen to me?
Brother, we can be the most obedient people in the world but Allah will not stop bad things happening to us in our life. Simply because it is all a part of the test. There are many such ayats and hadiths saying how Allah will severely test the believers and it is also mentioned that those who are tested most are very loved by Allah. Simply look at the lives of the Prophets and Messengers, upon them be peace. They were the best of people, yet still experienced many trials and tribulations. The point is: that's life.

Affirming faith by the tongue is not enough, we need to be strong at heart and have conviction in Allah at good times and bad. Remain thankful and patient consistently.

When things go wrong, we shouldn't say 'why me? I pray so much, give zakat, help everyone, it's unfair! etc etc', we need to be patient and have tawakul (trust in Allah) that whatever is happening is due to the infinite wisdom of Allah.

Perhaps the hardship will be beneficial to us later on in life. For example, imagine a child always being bullied in school/grows up in an atmosphere of so much trouble. Imagine this child growing up to be a teacher and because he realises just how damaging bullying is, he sets up support groups to help the bullied kids be protected.

Now the bullied kids would get help and this man will be rewarded if his intentions were for the sake of Allah (and let's be certain here - the only thing that is beneficial in the akirah is how many good deeds we have). Neither would have happened had he not experienced the trauma of bullying himself.

So, we need to think long term. There is always a reason for everything. We don't see it immediately when the hardship hits us, because of the trouble it causes us but much later on we can usually see that there is some clear purpose for it to have happened. That's why we need to be patient and submit to the wisdom of Allah and let him do as he pleases with us.

Jaanat
11-17-2010, 05:37 PM
thanks for your kind and genorous reply. Yes I am patient of that matter, but however your reply didn't answer my question of when it is shirk or not and about the quote "only if Allah wills, the taweez will work". This corresponding to my situationog bad being done and it being approved?

Thanks once again though.

P.s. I am sister. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
:sl:

Brother, we can be the most obedient people in the world but Allah will not stop bad things happening to us in our life. Simply because it is all a part of the test. There are many such ayats and hadiths saying how Allah will severely test the believers and it is also mentioned that those who are tested most are very loved by Allah. Simply look at the lives of the Prophets and Messengers, upon them be peace. They were the best of people, yet still experienced many trials and tribulations. The point is: that's life.

Affirming faith by the tongue is not enough, we need to be strong at heart and have conviction in Allah at good times and bad. Remain thankful and patient consistently.

When things go wrong, we shouldn't say 'why me? I pray so much, give zakat, help everyone, it's unfair! etc etc', we need to be patient and have tawakul (trust in Allah) that whatever is happening is due to the infinite wisdom of Allah.

Perhaps the hardship will be beneficial to us later on in life. For example, imagine a child always being bullied in school/grows up in an atmosphere of so much trouble. Imagine this child growing up to be a teacher and because he realises just how damaging bullying is, he sets up support groups to help the bullied kids be protected.

Now the bullied kids would get help and this man will be rewarded if his intentions were for the sake of Allah (and let's be certain here - the only thing that is beneficial in the akirah is how many good deeds we have). Neither would have happened had he not experienced the trauma of bullying himself.

So, we need to think long term. There is always a reason for everything. We don't see it immediately when the hardship hits us, because of the trouble it causes us but much later on we can usually see that there is some clear purpose for it to have happened. That's why we need to be patient and submit to the wisdom of Allah and let him do as he pleases with us.

laaib11
12-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Taweez is irrelevant to the issue. I could wear a brick around my neck and say that 'If Allah wills, this brick will cure my neck pain' and my pain ends up going away - that doesnt mean Allah used the brick to cure me! Allah is far beyond the use of such things, he Wills as He wishes and through His Wisdom.

Taweez is dangerous because it can lead onto greater evils and instil doubt in ones heart.

For every ailment Allah afflicts one with, there is a purification in it, and a means to raise you in rank if you persevere with it patiently!

may Allah help us all through our trials

ws

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!