/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Extract

*Flossy*
11-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Salaams...

Just wondering if anyone can clarify whether vanilla extract is halaal or not?? On the GMWA website it says that it is but looking aound on the net i've found lots of differing info so i'm a tad confused :hmm:
Don't know if what i'm using it for makes any difference so just incase it does I want to use it to bake a cake :D

Jazakallah in advance to everyone

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimman
12-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Salam Sis,
If you are in doubt and not sure to do or not to dom something, it is better that you dont do it. Any alternatives to Vanilla? Orange can work? :)

nature
12-30-2010, 08:24 AM

nature
12-30-2010, 08:27 AM
:sl:

according to this its produced in alcohol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/vanilla_extract

I use this one, its suitable for vegetarians. btw you dont have to use it, its only for flavouring.

http://www.silverspooncakecraft.co.u...anilla-extract

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Flossy*
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Salaams...

Sorry for late reply!
Thanks for the advice guys... Think I might just try and find an alternative vanilla-ry kind of thing then like the actual pods or that alternative you suggested nature :-D

Salaams

Muhaba
01-07-2011, 12:09 PM
extracts contain alcohol, but i heard that essense don't so you can try to use them instead. but do find out whether it is true tht essense doesn't contain alcohol.

~Raindrop~
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
^ I think some essences do contain alcohol, as the one I use has 'non-Alcoholic' written on it. They wouldn't put that unless some contained alcohol, right?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!