/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't EVER cut me off

Beardo
11-25-2010, 01:53 AM
I was driving today AT THE SPEED LIMIT and this car CUT ME OFF.

I felt a little offended... But more playful. So I cut him off! and then he cut ME off. Then I sped up and cut him off and beat him BIG TIME at the light. ;D 2 mile race with a stranger. MUCH FUN!

Share your driving experience :P

Ugh. I hate to generalize but Asian women man... .... Yeah. Nuff said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
11-25-2010, 02:02 AM
A word of advice, You should never fight fire with fire whilst on the road. I find your reaction wreckless as your life, as well as others could have been on the line

YusufNoor
11-25-2010, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I was driving today AT THE SPEED LIMIT and this car CUT ME OFF.

I felt a little offended... But more playful. So I cut him off! and then he cut ME off. Then I sped up and cut him off and beat him BIG TIME at the light. ;D 2 mile race with a stranger. MUCH FUN!

Share your driving experience :P

Ugh. I hate to generalize but Asian women man... .... Yeah. Nuff said.
:sl:

Asian women man
where were you, Hollywood? ;D

actually, i AM a driver. i will NOT post stories about doing 80 in a 30...:hiding:

you should actually try NOT to break the law! you are a Muslim, please try to set a good example!

:wa:

~Raindrop~
11-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Reminds me of a reckless driver I know who takes it as a personal insult if someone ever overtakes him.. no one in the area bothers anymore because they know they just can't win :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
you should actually try NOT to break the law! you are a Muslim, please try to set a good example!
Agreed.

:hiding:Although I probably shouldn't say anything, considering the fact that the only time I drove a car..I crashed it along with mashing a brick wall :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
11-25-2010, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
A word of advice, You should never fight fire with fire whilst on the road. I find your reaction wreckless as your life, as well as others could have been on the line
True. It was more in good fun than out of anger. I gave him a big smile and waved as I passed him. ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

:wa:
I was trying to show we can funloving too!
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Reminds me of a reckless driver I know who takes it as a personal insult if someone ever overtakes him.. no one in the area bothers anymore because they know they just can't win :hmm:

:hiding:Although I probably shouldn't say anything, considering the fact that the only time I drove a car..I crashed it along with mashing a brick wall :X
Happens to the best of us. Though, dare I Ask how you managed to do such a thing? =/

I only do it out of fun, NEVER out of anger. :-x you know that inner feeling you get sometimes that just makes you want to do something crazy...?

Woodrow
11-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Now I can remember a time on a low level training mission over the North Pole doing about 400 (460MPH) knots so close to the ground I felt like I could have passed under a Polar Bear's belly if one happened to walk by. Not a traffic light or stop sign in sight. Come to think of it nothing in sight except snow. Actually I was about 500 feet above ground but at that speed the ground looked awful close.

Does that count as a driving experience?

S.Belle
11-25-2010, 02:41 AM
So I cut him off! and then he cut ME off. Then I sped up and cut him off and beat him BIG TIME at the light. 2 mile race with a stranger. MUCH FUN

and this is why i have a fear of driving...very reckless but i could see the fun aspect to it..

Maryan0
11-25-2010, 02:42 AM
I hate it when people drive really slow and when you switch lanes and speed up to overtake them they speed up too I guess just to spite you.:exhausted.
Road racing is bad and dangerous too...
Salam

Beardo
11-25-2010, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Now I can remember a time on a low level training mission over the North Pole doing about 400 (460MPH) knots so close to the ground I felt like I could have passed under a Polar Bear's belly if one happened to walk by. Not a traffic light or stop sign in sight. Come to think of it nothing in sight except snow. Actually I was about 500 feet above ground but at that speed the ground looked awful close.

Does that count as a driving experience?
o_o I guess it passes. But we were talking more bout crazy road rage. But I guess you can be a grandpa about it if you like. :P Just teasing. What were you doing in the North Pole... besides helping Santa...? I thought they sent you in training in Korea or Vietnam or something. o_o
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
and this is why i have a fear of driving...very reckless but i could see the fun aspect to it..
It's a great way to get your mind of things IMO. I lvoe driving, alhamdulillah!
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
I hate it when people drive really slow and when you switch lanes and speed up to overtake them they speed up too I guess just to spite you.:exhausted.
Road racing is bad and dangerous too...
Salam
DUDE, I hate that too. IT BOILS MY BLOOD. Yet, it happens so often. Mainly with Latino or Asian drivers. < Though I should stop with the ethnic classification.

~Raindrop~
11-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Happens to the best of us. Though, dare I Ask how you managed to do such a thing? =/
Er..I was 9 years old. Put the car in gear, started it, it was on a sloped driveway, it started rolling, I jumped out. (dont ask me how, I have no idea:><: )then I heard an almighty crash..froze for a bit then cleared the scene of the crime as fast as I could. :X

I only do it out of fun, NEVER out of anger. :-x you know that inner feeling you get sometimes that just makes you want to do something crazy...?
I know the feeling..great while it lasts, not so great when the crazy thing has been done and you're regretting it. :-\

CosmicPathos
11-25-2010, 02:59 AM
this is ego brother. we all have it. try to curb it. a reminder to myself. I used to be good at it then I lost it. If someone is being crazy on the road now, I make sure that i deafen him/her by my honk but I am trying to control my irrational impulses. Did I mention that if someone's headlights are messed up and they are behind my car and when those lights reflect from rear-view mirror and irritate my eyes with glare, I slow down, change the lane, get behind this car, and put my high beams on? Allah ...

IslamicRevival
11-25-2010, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Er..I was 9 years old. Put the car in gear, started it, it was on a sloped driveway, it started rolling, I jumped out. (dont ask me how, I have no idea:><: )then I heard an almighty crash.
You have got to be kidding me?

~Raindrop~
11-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Nope... not kidding. My family don't let me forget it, either. :ermm:

Beardo
11-25-2010, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
this is ego brother. we all have it. try to curb it. a reminder to myself. I used to be good at it then I lost it. If someone is being crazy on the road now, I make sure that i deafen him/her by my honk but I am trying to control my irrational impulses. Did I mention that if someone's headlights are messed up and they are behind my car and when those lights reflect from rear-view mirror and irritate my eyes with glare, I slow down, change the lane, get behind this car, and put my high beams on? Allah ...
True that. I like to keep things in good humor only for that reason.

But about the beams... I remember one time someone was flashign their beams at us.. and Irealized it was because my headlights weren't on. Felt sort of bad because I spent a good deal of time cursing that guy in my head lol

Yanal
11-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Don't have any yet:D

PouringRain
11-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Rashad, you scare me! I hope I never am driving in your area. :p

I can't say that I have any crazy stories to contribute to the thread. I tend to drive quite cautiously after all of the horrible accidents I have been in-- none my fault-- which is what I can get so paranoid on the road and scared of what other drivers are doing. I have almost died in car accidents. I have been in three accidents where a car turned left in front of me (coming the opposite direction), and two of these were when I was pregnant. There was one year that I was in three car accidents. I have been involved in a couple of accidents where people exiting parking lots onto the main road do not stop and they just keep driving right into me. I have been in some horrible accidents. :hmm:

Woodrow
11-25-2010, 11:11 AM
:sl:

One of the best things a person can do is take a defensive driving class if the opportunity every comes up and the best lesson to learn from it is the 3 second rule. Which means you always maintain a 3 second distance away from all other vehicles. It usually means driving a little slower in the cities, but it sure does keep you in one piece and keeps you from getting angry at other drivers.

Here in the USA each year car accidents are one of the 10 causes of American Deaths. About 42,000 deaths annually and over 6,000,000 reported accidents. To put it in perspective more Americans get killed in car accidents each year then Americans killed in wars for the past 10 years combined. Each year over 3 times as many Americans die in car accidents then are murdered. People scream over our high murder rate, but don't even think that their own car has the greater potential for killing somebody.

While you might be an excellent driver, you have to stop and think the person in the other car just may be an escaped maniac from a mental institution for the criminally insane who just stole a car and this is the first time he ever drove and the car has no brakes.

Yassouid
11-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Don't be offended, but its one thing to do something reckless (possibly sinful) and its something else to brag about it and ask for other people's similar stories.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!