/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does "Subooh" mean?

Sicilian Muslim
11-29-2010, 01:41 AM
salaam alaykum ,could someone please explain to me what the word 'subooh' means in the dua you say during sadja "subooh,qudoos ,rabb'ul malakiyah wa rooh" i know it all except for "Subooh"....thank you very much :) JazakAllah Khayr:Alhumdill

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-29-2010, 03:10 AM
subooh is derived from the word تسبيح which is 'praise' so I am not sure to the strong isnad of this hadith which is usually said after taraweeh سبوح قدوس رب الملائكة والروح

but denotes to give praise to the most holy --lord of the angels and 'rooh' itself has three meanings but I believe in this context to denote the Archangel Gabriel (AS)

and Allah swt knows best

anyone who knows differently please feel free to correct me..

:w:

أبو سليمان عمر
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
the best transltion i could get is
‘Perfect and Holy (He is), Lord of the angels and the Ruuh (i.e. Jibraa’eel).’
so perfect would be it our glorious
and it is in an authentic hadith in sahih muslim

Sicilian Muslim
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you both very much BarakAllah fiki wa feek :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
:sl:

سبوح (also تسبيح in root 2[سبّح], from سبح [root 1]) is a very high form of praise; usually referred to as "glorification", in the English language. The closest meaning for سبوح maybe "glorious".

:wa:

جوري
11-29-2010, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد
سبوح (also تسبيح in root 2[سبّح], from سبح [root 1]) is a very high form of praise; usually referred to as "glorification", in the English language.

yup.. one who is worthy of all praise, glorification ...

:w:

Caller الداعي
12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
سُبُّوح: المبرأ من النقائص والشريك وكل ما لا يليق بالإلهية

Subbuuh means the one free from all defects, associate and all that does not suit the status of a diety.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!