/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Open This Brother's Heart Again

Perseveranze
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

There is someone who is a ex-muslim who I put up a thoughful question to him, who in return showed potential in returning to the deen.

This is a message he gave me on youtube;

Image - i51.tinypic.com/1giyax.png

Good day brother,

First things first, I used to be muslim, and no I'm not atheist, I just don't believe in religion. Why ? Well because after I studied it, I realized how it was man-made. If you can prove the contrary, I will owe you my life and my afterlife.

About the scientific facts, most of them where either known bye previous "scientists" like galilee and whosoever and even told with the same flaws in the theories made back then, or they are just simply entirely wrong.

For instance, in this ayah:
لَا الشَّمْسُ يَنبَغِي لَهَا أَن تُدْرِكَ الْقَمَرَ وَلَا اللَّيْلُ سَابِقُ النَّهَارِ ۚ وَكُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ
First, you see how it is mentioned how the sun and the moon are orbiting the earth, and that my friend is geocentrism

and
وَالشَّمْسِ وَضُحَاهَا
وَالْقَمَرِ إِذَا تَلَاهَا
How can the moon follow the sun unless they are on the same orbit ?

You see these are the questionings that made me hesitate... I would love it if you had any explanation. And please, don't use the common "metaphor" excuse...

Peace be upon you brother,

Adam.
As you can see my fellow Muslims, this person is clearly seeking guidance. And no, I am not in any intention of bringing him back to the deen(that is in Allah(swt)'s hands), all I want to do is open up his heart again and put that doubt back into his mind. He doubts(believes) Islam is the truth because it does not follow Logic, well I want to put an equal doubt back in his mind to say, "what if it is"?

It pretty much started with him commenting on a video saying "I'm an ex-muslim and I left because Islam doesn't follow logic", so I just said (in summary) "explain the logic to me of how a illiterate man produced something like the Quran".

What most ex-muslims I find do is, they become even more arrogant and ignorant than the original non-believers get, and you see that their misguidance/misunderstandings accumulate to them having absolute hate for Islam. This person however was the complete opposite, Mashallah he pm'd me back asking those questions and I want to help clear his doubts or atleast put an equal doubt in his mind against his original doubts.

And why is this so significant to me in particular? Because I was once EXACTLY like this person is now. I was reading on Islam and I saw all these wonderful things, even Science was backing it up... Until I clicked on that Anti-Islam website and that was it, I fell into that. I got so close to just rejecting Islam, but I just don't know how it happened(just before that moment) that I suddenly got 1 single doubt in my mind and this doubt was so powerful and irritating that it made me want to go back at studying Islam one more time JUST to clear this doubt aswell (now I say it was guidance from Allah(swt)).

Cutting the story short, I found my way back, found out what I had been ignoring/blind to, and now I'm a person who could not be any more convinced.

Anyways, I know people on these forums are FAR more knowledgeable then me in regards to replying to a person in his state. I was hoping brothers/sisters here could link me to some good websites or even books that I could refer to him. He is clearly looking for the logic, which Islam can certainly back up.

A few things I will try to say to him (in support of hopefully answering his original questions);

- Illiterate man, could not read scriptures or anything.
- If someone was telling him all these things from the mouth, how can the people who were close to him at all times, the same people that left all their wealth/power/everything for his relevalations, how could these same people not get suspicious in a whole span of 23 years (and not see this SECRET SOURCE that the Prophet was getting his information from)
- How could he copy greeks/pagans and only be able to take out the right stuff but reject the wrong stuff (which is undisputably against Science).
- Where is he getting the other science info from, as you realise there are over 109+ science related revalations.

IF anyone else could please suggest more points or refer any links or books to support the case against his questions, I would very much appreciate it.

Jazaakallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!