/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you had to write a book about Islam:

Yassouid
11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
If you were to write a book titled: "Components of being a Very Good Muslim" or even a Perfect Muslim what would your chapter titles be?

You can also include sub-chapters;

I'm sure some people (myself included) would benefit greatly by seeing this list as almost a check list to be self-reflective of our own short comings.

Here's my list even though i am sure i forgot at least 500 things:

1. Shahada

2. Salaat
. a. Wadu
. b. Fard
. c. Sunna
. d. Nafl

3. Proper way to treat family and neighbors

4. Fasting
. a. Ramadan
. b. Sunnah and Nafl fasts

5. Trip to Mecca
. a. Hajj
. b. Umrah

6. Zakat
. a. Obligatory
. b. Zakat-ul-fitr
c. Sadaaqa

7. Quran
. a. Memorization
. b. Tajweed
. c. Tafseer

8. Sunnah
. a. Hadeeth
. b. Islamic personality

9. Islamic History

10. Avoiding Haraam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
11-30-2010, 08:11 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Yassouid
If you were to write a book titled: "Components of being a Very Good Muslim" or even a Perfect Muslim what would your chapter titles be?

You can also include sub-chapters;

I'm sure some people (myself included) would benefit greatly by seeing this list as almost a check list to be self-reflective of our own short comings.

Here's my list even though i am sure i forgot at least 500 things:

1. Shahada

2. Salaat
. a. Wadu
. b. Fard
. c. Sunna
. d. Nafl

3. Proper way to treat family and neighbors

4. Fasting
. a. Ramadan
. b. Sunnah and Nafl fasts

5. Trip to Mecca
. a. Hajj
. b. Umrah

6. Zakat
. a. Obligatory
. b. Zakat-ul-fitr
c. Sadaaqa

7. Quran
. a. Memorization
. b. Tajweed
. c. Tafseer

8. Sunnah
. a. Hadeeth
. b. Islamic personality

9. Islamic History

10. Avoiding Haraam
Firstly, before explaining the pillars of Islam; one would need to explain the definition of "Muslim". This includes the conditions of Iman; what makes a person a Mu'min (a faithful person), and what makes them a Muslim (a submitter).

Secondly, you'd need to know about the sort of readers that the book is targetted at.

:wa:

Muhaba
12-03-2010, 07:26 AM
i don't plan to write such a book any time soon. there are lots of books on the topic. do we need any more? I think propogating such already existent material would be a better idea. Free speeches and lectures on the topic in the muslim community are needed more than books.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!