/* */

PDA

View Full Version : soo...

dalialilly
12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
i went to my local masjid today!! yay! i was welcomed with open arms. very peaceful feeling in there! they showed me the prayer room. i even got to sit in on a prayer! (i didnt perform the prayer though:cry:) the woman who gave me the tour was very nice, and answered all of my questions. she even gave me a Qu'ran!! im gonna start reading it ASAP! i definitely want to go back, so hopefully i can work something out with my work and school schedule!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I am very happy for you! Going to the masjid must have been a unique experience. You can tell us your feelings, if you wish.

Ramadhan
12-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Alhamdulillah that you had good experience in going to the masjid for the first time.
I am praying that it is the first of your many more countless visits to the mosque. Amiin

Muslimman
12-03-2010, 09:24 PM
That's a very good step. The more you get to know more of Islam, the more you like it. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dalialilly
12-04-2010, 01:17 AM
there werent really any feelings other than, i cant wait to come back! everyone greeted me and were very welcoming, and i got alot of literature and a Qu'ran! ive been trying to read it some but its kind of overwhelming! i just really want to go back so i can start meeting some more people!

tigerkhan
12-04-2010, 06:15 AM
:sl:
Masjids are most peaceful places in world.

IAmZamzam
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
If there's anything we can help you with as you read the Koran, lily, let us know. Some people find it difficult to understand.

dalialilly
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
thank you!! i have started to read it slowly, and the qu'ran that was given to me has a bit of explanation at the bottom of the page for pretty much every verse... along with that im trying to find some software online that could maybe recite it for me... i was also looking for some software that will recite the 5 salaat prayers for me until i can learn them in Arabic but im having a hard time finding any good programs.. anyone have any advice??

Perseveranze
12-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Sister,

It's great to hear that, Inshallah the more you learn about Islam the more you love it :)

serena77
12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I want nothing more than to have a masjid in this area... honestly my car isnt happy w/ this way below normal temperatures... there appears to maybe be an islamic center in the next town over. I know i need to call them... to see if there are any islamic sisters in the area.. i'm so afraid the place either doesn't exist or is very inactive...

I am so glad you got to go and had wonderful feedback and i hope the koran becomes easier to read..even in english to me it flows beautifully...

Serena

Ramadhan
12-18-2010, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dalialilly
thank you!! i have started to read it slowly, and the qu'ran that was given to me has a bit of explanation at the bottom of the page for pretty much every verse... along with that im trying to find some software online that could maybe recite it for me... i was also looking for some software that will recite the 5 salaat prayers for me until i can learn them in Arabic but im having a hard time finding any good programs.. anyone have any advice??
Here's some good qur'an websites:

www.quran.com
www.quranflash.com
www.quranexplorer.com
www.kalamullah.com

Rafeeq
12-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Jazakumullah Akhee Naidamar. I was about to do so when I came to the last post, I found you already did so.

We all are happy and available here to help you in one way or other, sister lily

kite runner
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
wow sister mashallah thats great I also had the same feeling when I visit the masjid here. I have some videos which go through wudhu and the 5 daily prayers in detail which I found very useful when learnining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKb2...eature=related here is 1 of 7 videos, have a look at all 7 and inshaAllah you will benefit

dalialilly
12-22-2010, 02:35 AM
serena, if you dont mind me asking, where do you live? i am also trying to find some sisters in my area, and a good masjid. if you dont want to answer publicly then could you please message me? if we live near, i would love to meet up and maybe find a masjid together!

StudentIII
01-29-2011, 09:31 PM
tanzil.info

hope you find it useful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!