/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the finger during tashadud

Salafi1407
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم) Brothers & Sisters in Islam:

I use the albani book (prophets prayer described) as a guidance in order to perfect my prayer so that I can pray the way the prophet (sallalahu alyhi wasallam) prayed. I went against the teaching of my forefathers which was the hanafi method, my reason was not blind following but simply opening up al bukhari (the source for the best and strongest of hadeeth) and in the section of how to perform the prayer it clearly states that one needs to raise his hands before and after ruku as well as the initial takbeer. That is obviously one of the major differences (i.e. raising the hands).

And I believe the best source of knowledge is the quran and sunnah even if it goes against a madhab you are following because at the end of the day you need to be following the prophet (sallalahu alyhi wasallam) not one particular madhab, thats just my point of view. I like to look at all points of views and then which ever one is backed up with the strongest hadith then that wins in my eyes.

What I am still confused about is what to do with the finger during tashadud, because strangely there is nothing about that in al bukhari or sahih muslim. and all four madhabs do different things. So what method is backed up with the strongest hadith?

And regarding the raising of the hands, if it is clearly stated in al buhari why do the madhabs disagree on this matter.

Jazakallah

Ruhul

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IB-Staff
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
:sl:

These are matters of jurisprudence and our board does not cater for such issues. We request you to consult a knowledgeable scholar to clarify your question.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!