/* */

PDA

View Full Version : some forum queries i have

Ummu Sufyaan
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
:sl:
was the "friends" option which seemed to have been added with the update, intentional?

why are some words underlined/linked to their definitions. this is really annoying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I don't see any words underlined linking to their definitions? Try using the Breeze skin.

Dagless
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
They are underlined due to advertising.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
...and where is the 'friends' option?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
It's under "my profile". I recall there was a list even before yesterday. Don't think it matters too much though.

Beardo
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
why are some words underlined/linked to their definitions. this is really annoying.
It's a new method of advertising. We informed the members of this prior to implementing it and no objections were heard. I apologize if you find it a bother.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-07-2010, 01:56 AM
i see...

It's a new method of advertising. We informed the members of this prior to implementing it and no objections were heard. I apologize if you find it a bother.
i did a search beforehand, but i didnt find anything. can you post the link?

Yanal
12-07-2010, 06:45 AM
was the "friends" option which seemed to have been added with the update, intentional?

I recall brother Rashad creating a thread to inform members about the underlined advertisements..

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-07-2010, 06:51 AM
i see...

i did a search beforehand, but i didnt find anything. can you post the link?
Here it is. http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...ng-method.html

Yanal
12-07-2010, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Where I can see it,is when you click My Profile,under a few bars it will say Friends list.

manaal
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I saw the friends list after the forum returned few days ago and now it's gone (i changes to breeze skin). Frankly i'm glad that it's not there anymore and also that the "albums" option is gone too. Like I mentioned in a another thread, we are not a social networking site.

Beardo
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
^I think I posted about it somewhere. I removed those two options, Albums and Friends lists.
Awwhh. :l Why? :hmm: Just because you know nobody would want to be your friend or see your pictures. :exhausted Hmph.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I have some other forum queries.

PM's: if you are looking for something in your inbox or out box, is there a search feature to help? how do you place PM's in the folders you created?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-04-2011, 05:31 AM
I didnt want to create a new thread, but i have some forum suggestions.

Can we have the anonymous account option in the poetry section?

can we get exact dates and times for posts. i know after about a month we get the dates, but what about if we get the dates and times from shortly after its been posted.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
some more ideas:

-for the gender sections, could the number of threads/posts be concealed from the general public. sisters always get picked on that we talk too much and just generally i dont think its very respectful to have those stats in public.

-when a person asks for their account to be disabled, an avatar saying "account disabled on request" comes up. but can we get an avatar that says "account disabled on purpose" for those that get banned for good reason....just to drive the point home and maybe for extra measure you could put in fine print somewhere "haha." so it would look something like this

Account disabled
on
Purpose

haha

or is that not acceptable?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
i guess my ideas aren't so great then?

Hamza Asadullah
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, In regards to your first question then i will let another Mod answer you but regarding your second suggestion then getting banned is a serious matter and far from being a joke so it will not be treated as such. Others should see that when one gets banned it is treated as serious and not in a jokey or sarcastic manner as that will not give a good impression at all. Please continue to give whatever feedback you think may be of benefit to the forum. Jazakallahu khayr

AabiruSabeel
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM

I have some other forum queries.

PM's: if you are looking for something in your inbox or out box, is there a search feature to help? how do you place PM's in the folders you created?

For moving PMs to a new folder, select the PM that you want to move, then scroll down. At the bottom you will an option for Selected Messages. Click on it and select Move to Folder...

You can filter the PMs by Sender name or Title but not search the contents. Maybe you can download all the PMs as text, CSV or XML and then search in it?

I didnt want to create a new thread, but i have some forum suggestions.

Can we have the anonymous account option in the poetry section?

can we get exact dates and times for posts. i know after about a month we get the dates, but what about if we get the dates and times from shortly after its been posted.

I don't think we will add the anonymous posting option for any other sections... except maybe the private gender rooms.

Exact dates and times for posts, I don't know how this can be done. Let's ask Beardo, maybe he can inform the technical team.

some more ideas:

-for the gender sections, could the number of threads/posts be concealed from the general public. sisters always get picked on that we talk too much and just generally i dont think its very respectful to have those stats in public.
Again, I don't know how this can be done. It is a good idea by the way.

-when a person asks for their account to be disabled, an avatar saying "account disabled on request" comes up. but can we get an avatar that says "account disabled on purpose" for those that get banned for good reason....just to drive the point home and maybe for extra measure you could put in fine print somewhere "haha." so it would look something like this

Account disabled
on
Purpose

haha

or is that not acceptable?
We already have a banned avatar which we use for notorious members.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!