/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslims and Jannah

akhdawud
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Assalamu alaykum

I have a loaded question to ask insha'Allah, and I'm not necessarily looking for a direct answer from here (unless there's some scholars around! lol)

But I was thinking about salvation, Jannah, and non-Muslims (Christians, in particular, as my family is Christian). Two ayat came to mind:

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. - 2:62

Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin. - 4:48

It's my understanding that an article of Christian faith is that Jesus (a.s.) is the begotten son of Allah Aza Wajal.. and that Jesus is Allah himself! Astaughfirullah.

Isn't this shirk?

Again I understand not just anyone can answer this question for me with wisdom, but I was wondering if there has been previous conversation about it and if someone can show me to it!

I'm asking humbly. Allahu alim.
Jazakallahu khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Predator
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Please refer this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...nic-verse.html."

We Muslims are the True Christians as we are following Jesus(PBUH) . Todays "Christians" are polytheist trinitarian Pagans who are the followers of Paul and not Jesus(PBUH)

IAmZamzam
12-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Why have I been having to repeat this so much lately?

We are judged only by our intentions in this life, and even martyrs may be d-a-m-ned if theirs was wrong and murderers saved if theirs was right (if only by way of insanity or something). There is no idea that automatically condemns all those who hold it for any reason, though some ideas certainly afford fewer and less likely excuses than others. Also bear in mind that not everyone has even had any competent dawah or any means to it before they die.

EDIT: Why aren't we allowed to say D-A-M-N at a religious board? They don't edit out "hell".

Perseveranze
12-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Only Allah(swt) knows, even some Muslims may not go to Heavan.

"Alif-Laam-Meem. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe,' and will not be tested?" [Soorah al-Ankaboot (29): 1-3]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
12-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Walaykum as Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by akhdawud
Assalamu alaykum

But I was thinking about salvation, Jannah, and non-Muslims (Christians, in particular, as my family is Christian).
Welcome to Islam , brother :)

It's my understanding that an article of Christian faith is that Jesus (a.s.) is the begotten son of Allah Aza Wajal.. and that Jesus is Allah himself! Astaughfirullah.

Isn't this shirk?
yes . During the time of Prophet Jesus pbuh , his followers were ' true Muslims' and did not worship him.

So , God Willing , they will enter Paradise and Allah Knows Best.

SpaceTime
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin. - 4:48

Does this mean that Allah forgives Atheism?

- Qatada -
01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SpaceTime

Does this mean that Allah forgives Atheism?

Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire? And Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? [Quran 45:23]

Atheists who follow their desires in opposition to Guidance from God are also associating partners with God by making their own desires as a god.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!