/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need violence.

SafaAuditore
12-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey people.

I need help with something, pweese.

So i've writen this story, but it's not fitting right just yet.
It's starts with this girl in florence, italy, who's in the middle of a war and stuff...

Firenze, Italy
December 11, 1401

It was torture. Even though I wasn’t with them, I could feel their pain.
I could feel the throbbing of the wounds, the unbearably hot sting of the blades, the agonizing fire that burns in my skin and blood. I wasn’t there – I wasn’t one fighting – and yet it was my heart pounding and stabbing through my chest. I cried and cried, my tears hurt – each drop was a bloody flame for each life lost.
But my tears didn’t matter. They didn’t mean anything.
I walked around the room; trembling and afraid. My mother lay sick, and I was terrified of a house raid; they were getting very close.
The room was cold; even with all the candles lit, my hands were freezing. I walked towards my mother and pulled the light sheet over her and tucked it in. Then I went to the far corner and sat by the writing table.
Unconsciously, I picked up parchment and some ink. I wrote. I crumpled. I wrote more – and then crumpled more. None of the words fit. I kept trying and trying, but I didn’t even know what I was writing. I had ruined the whole stack of parchment.
There was only one sheet left; seconds to spare.
I wrote my last words; they were random and blind, but my heart wrote them. I didn’t know what they said, and I didn’t care – as long as I’d gotten them on paper.
I closed my eyes; imagined, prayed, wished, and hoped.
The door broke open – the enemies ran in.
The room soaked in blood within seconds. Something on my body stung. Silver – I could feel it. Take it out, I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t – it was unbearable. It stung, it throbbed, and it burned. Was I in hell? What did I do to deserve this torment?
I couldn’t feel myself. I couldn’t see. I couldn’t hear.
I was dead.
__________________________________________________ __

So the letter is the main part.
Years are supposed to pass, and someone is supposed to find that letter somewhere, coincidental. That person is in the middle of some sort of violent thing, like war or something. Something terrifying. And they add to the letter.
My next scene skips to a girl living in Liberia in 1765, and her village is raided so she runs but gets caught by the whites. She's sent to America as a slave. Eventually she finds THE letter in the cotton feild...she reads it that night and adds to it.
Everyone who adds to the letter, is making a wish. She wishes that slaves would be free one day.
Time passes, the letter floats, gets run over, caught in trees, beneath the dirt, splashed with blood and poked with things.
Someone else finds it. This time it's on 9/11. A person has just arrived at work - they open their window and the paper flies to their face. they laugh at it's goofiness. They see a plane, the plane crashes, they're under the rubble. There are seconds before the building collapses on them. THey pull out the letter, they add to it, blindly. The building falls, they die, the letter escapes.
From there, i skipped to the very last scene.
June 7th, 2401. No location - in the middle of a war. Immediately after the largest hydrogen (3000 kiloton!!) bomb fell.
THe girl is the last female on earth, everyone has already been eliminated.
She finds the note, clenches it in her hand. She decides to add to it.
A soldier finds her. He has been set to kill the enemy. She was the enemy. He snipes her out.
The last man on earth shot the last woman on earth. His mission was complete.
He finds her letter in her bloody hand. He realized what he had done. He realized what mankind had done. He cries. He couldn't add to the letter because it was too late.
His legs were being eaten by white phosphorus. He eventually dies. Letter in hand.

The point of this story was that mankind extincts itself thru their own violence. THis will happen if nothing changes though, if we don't change our ways.
Mankind became extinct, nothing lived anymore, nothing but maybe a few plants and animals. Since the beginining of time, people have wished violence would end - time ended, violence is still a poisenous haze in the air and people have dissappeared.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
WHAT I NEED.......

What i need from u guys is to help me with this story. I need more events becasue i jumped from 1401, to 1765 - help me fill that blank in. From 1765 to 2001, and that. And from 2001 to 2401.

I need help in getting more events. Things that are terrifying and important and sad.
What i have so far are these events, plus the triangel shirtwaist factory fire of 1911, the execution of nathan hale in 1776, aaand the whole palestine thing of ...the past 60 years.

Please add to this, because my story feels empty. It jumps to big, and i need more tragedies to fill it in.

Just give me an event, like the civil war. And maybe even the date and location. I'd still need to research it and read diaries if it was recent, but still. I'd appreciate any help.

This story is supposed to be published in july 2011 because a literary agent liked my excerpt. I need to make it perfect.

oh yea, and it's copyrighted, so don't try and steal it lol. but u wouldn't.......right? XD

Thank u =)
~Gothique

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SafaAuditore
12-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Pweeeeesee i just need events. I need this preferebly before january. How many pretty's do i have to include before i say please? XD

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Assalamu`alaaykum

I would help but im not really good at writing stories, insha`Allaah somebody can help you out.

I dont even understand half of what you asked but insha`Allaah someone who is goodand knowledgeable in this area can help!

so i apologise

..Peace..

SafaAuditore
12-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Haha sorry for being un-understandable XD
I don't need help in WRITING my story i just need help with the events that happen.
All i need is for you guys to name some sad/terrifying/destructive events that have happened. They need to be after the 1400's, and up to 2010.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
how about things that occured during World War 2 theres loads of horrific events that took place then...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Aah okay

Maybe during the time of Hitler :-\

Loads of bad things happened! Subhaan`Allaah

SafaAuditore
12-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Idk how i forgot the holocaust scene. Thanks sis.
Do you guys know anything that happened earlier on? Before WWI or II?

czgibson
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
All i need is for you guys to name some sad/terrifying/destructive events that have happened. They need to be after the 1400's, and up to 2010.
Have you thought of consulting a world history book?

Literally thousands of events would match your criteria. Anything with "war" in its name for starters.

Peace

Muezzin
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
When you've made 50 posts, Gothique, you'll gain access to the Creative Writing and Art forum where you might get more specific help with your queries. Meantime, if you can't get to a library at the moment, Wikipedia and Google are a good start. Violence is a constant of history.

P.s. Those with access to the Creative Writing Forum should please vote for their favourite entry in the Story Contest Thread before it closes tomorrow (10 December 2010).

Ramadhan
12-10-2010, 12:24 AM
is the letter indestructible or something?
if it is, you can add into your story the actual H-Bombs dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, the first and only time humans have ever used nuclear in war, and hopefully the last. Talk about violence at its most efficient way!
Maybe the pilot of elona gay (the plane that transported the bomb) was holding and reading the letter while he was on his mission, and wrote into the letter after he dropped the bomb.

Woodrow
12-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Hey people.

I need help with something, pweese.

So i've writen this story, but it's not fitting right just yet.
It's starts with this girl in florence, italy, who's in the middle of a war and stuff...

Firenze, Italy
December 11, 1401

It was torture. Even though I wasn’t with them, I could feel their pain.
I could feel the throbbing of the wounds, the unbearably hot sting of the blades, the agonizing fire that burns in my skin and blood. I wasn’t there – I wasn’t one fighting – and yet it was my heart pounding and stabbing through my chest. I cried and cried, my tears hurt – each drop was a bloody flame for each life lost.
But my tears didn’t matter. They didn’t mean anything.
I walked around the room; trembling and afraid. My mother lay sick, and I was terrified of a house raid; they were getting very close.
The room was cold; even with all the candles lit, my hands were freezing. I walked towards my mother and pulled the light sheet over her and tucked it in. Then I went to the far corner and sat by the writing table.
Unconsciously, I picked up parchment and some ink. I wrote. I crumpled. I wrote more – and then crumpled more. None of the words fit. I kept trying and trying, but I didn’t even know what I was writing. I had ruined the whole stack of parchment.
There was only one sheet left; seconds to spare.
I wrote my last words; they were random and blind, but my heart wrote them. I didn’t know what they said, and I didn’t care – as long as I’d gotten them on paper.
I closed my eyes; imagined, prayed, wished, and hoped.
The door broke open – the enemies ran in.
The room soaked in blood within seconds. Something on my body stung. Silver – I could feel it. Take it out, I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t – it was unbearable. It stung, it throbbed, and it burned. Was I in hell? What did I do to deserve this torment?
I couldn’t feel myself. I couldn’t see. I couldn’t hear.
I was dead.
__________________________________________________ __

So the letter is the main part.
Years are supposed to pass, and someone is supposed to find that letter somewhere, coincidental. That person is in the middle of some sort of violent thing, like war or something. Something terrifying. And they add to the letter.
My next scene skips to a girl living in Liberia in 1765, and her village is raided so she runs but gets caught by the whites. She's sent to America as a slave. Eventually she finds THE letter in the cotton feild...she reads it that night and adds to it.
Everyone who adds to the letter, is making a wish. She wishes that slaves would be free one day.
Time passes, the letter floats, gets run over, caught in trees, beneath the dirt, splashed with blood and poked with things.
Someone else finds it. This time it's on 9/11. A person has just arrived at work - they open their window and the paper flies to their face. they laugh at it's goofiness. They see a plane, the plane crashes, they're under the rubble. There are seconds before the building collapses on them. THey pull out the letter, they add to it, blindly. The building falls, they die, the letter escapes.
From there, i skipped to the very last scene.
June 7th, 2401. No location - in the middle of a war. Immediately after the largest hydrogen (3000 kiloton!!) bomb fell.
THe girl is the last female on earth, everyone has already been eliminated.
She finds the note, clenches it in her hand. She decides to add to it.
A soldier finds her. He has been set to kill the enemy. She was the enemy. He snipes her out.
The last man on earth shot the last woman on earth. His mission was complete.
He finds her letter in her bloody hand. He realized what he had done. He realized what mankind had done. He cries. He couldn't add to the letter because it was too late.
His legs were being eaten by white phosphorus. He eventually dies. Letter in hand.

The point of this story was that mankind extincts itself thru their own violence. THis will happen if nothing changes though, if we don't change our ways.
Mankind became extinct, nothing lived anymore, nothing but maybe a few plants and animals. Since the beginining of time, people have wished violence would end - time ended, violence is still a poisenous haze in the air and people have dissappeared.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
WHAT I NEED.......

What i need from u guys is to help me with this story. I need more events becasue i jumped from 1401, to 1765 - help me fill that blank in. From 1765 to 2001, and that. And from 2001 to 2401.

I need help in getting more events. Things that are terrifying and important and sad.
What i have so far are these events, plus the triangel shirtwaist factory fire of 1911, the execution of nathan hale in 1776, aaand the whole palestine thing of ...the past 60 years.

Please add to this, because my story feels empty. It jumps to big, and i need more tragedies to fill it in.

Just give me an event, like the civil war. And maybe even the date and location. I'd still need to research it and read diaries if it was recent, but still. I'd appreciate any help.

This story is supposed to be published in july 2011 because a literary agent liked my excerpt. I need to make it perfect.

oh yea, and it's copyrighted, so don't try and steal it lol. but u wouldn't.......right? XD

Thank u =)
~Gothique
First a bit of nit picking in 1765 there was no such country as Liberia, the only prior name was Costa da Pimenta, , the region was essentially unexplored by non-native Africans and very little is known about the tribes that inhabited the region. Former American Slaves began arriving there in 1821 and in about 1847 it became an American Colony with the purpose of having a place to send freed slaves from America. Sort of a version of Israel with the freed slaves eventually displacing the original inhabitants.

Now for tragedies between 1401-1765

The fall of the Incas in 1535 and the Brutal invasion of the Spanish Conquistadors into South America. A very brutal time for Native Americans.

The King Philip (Metacomet) war in 1675 during which nearly 3/4 of the entire European/ British population of the American colonies was killed by the Algonquin Nation. (Out of fairness, the Algonquin were fighting to get their land back)

For a later date do not forget the explosion of Krakatoa in August of 1883. So far it remains the largest explosion every recorded on Earth by Human witnesses. Many times larger than the largest nuclear device ever detonated. Every story needs to have something about the following Tsunami that circled the Earth at least 3 times.

Beardo
12-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Idk how i forgot the holocaust scene. Thanks sis.
Do you guys know anything that happened earlier on? Before WWI or II?
Before WWI... Look up France and the land of "Alsace-Lorraine." Look up the Rhine River and what is considered the "Rhineland." Sort of the causes of WWI though.

Otherwsie, you'll have to go back to the Palace of Versailles! How King Louis XVI spent soooo much money into his palace. He'd have shows so people can literally watch him while he gets up, goes to sleep, eat, etc.

SafaAuditore
12-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys!

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
is the letter indestructible or something?
if it is, you can add into your story the actual H-Bombs dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, the first and only time humans have ever used nuclear in war, and hopefully the last. Talk about violence at its most efficient way!
Maybe the pilot of elona gay (the plane that transported the bomb) was holding and reading the letter while he was on his mission, and wrote into the letter after he dropped the bomb.
It's not really "indestructible" it just...manages to survive many things XD I just couldn't tie up the story with anything else other than a letter - and it fit perfectly.
Yea i did Hiroshima from a view of a man who ended up helping the people. I didn't consider doing the pilot - that'll work. Thanks =)

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
First a bit of nit picking in 1765 there was no such country as Liberia, the only prior name was Costa da Pimenta, , the region was essentially unexplored by non-native Africans and very little is known about the tribes that inhabited the region. Former American Slaves began arriving there in 1821 and in about 1847 it became an American Colony with the purpose of having a place to send freed slaves from America. Sort of a version of Israel with the freed slaves eventually displacing the original inhabitants.

Now for tragedies between 1401-1765

The fall of the Incas in 1535 and the Brutal invasion of the Spanish Conquistadors into South America. A very brutal time for Native Americans.

The King Philip (Metacomet) war in 1675 during which nearly 3/4 of the entire European/ British population of the American colonies was killed by the Algonquin Nation. (Out of fairness, the Algonquin were fighting to get their land back)

For a later date do not forget the explosion of Krakatoa in August of 1883. So far it remains the largest explosion every recorded on Earth by Human witnesses. Many times larger than the largest nuclear device ever detonated. Every story needs to have something about the following Tsunami that circled the Earth at least 3 times.
I haven't completely verified EVERYTHING, but thanks for the heads up! I'll change liberia in that case =)
Krakatoa - i'm ALWAYS forgetting to look that up. Thanks woodrow =) Ur post helped alott. I just remembered many events from ur post alone.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Before WWI... Look up France and the land of "Alsace-Lorraine." Look up the Rhine River and what is considered the "Rhineland." Sort of the causes of WWI though.

Otherwsie, you'll have to go back to the Palace of Versailles! How King Louis XVI spent soooo much money into his palace. He'd have shows so people can literally watch him while he gets up, goes to sleep, eat, etc.
I couldn't think of anything to do with the France setting. I included france in the world wars, when germany had taken over.

Thanks everybody, this was really helpful. My story has grown like 10 notebook pages so far XD

And Muezzin, that's awesome, i didn't know u guys had that! I'm in a Creative Writing class right now and that'll totally help with everything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!