/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 21 Days to break a habit!!

Beardo
12-10-2010, 02:06 AM
They say it takes 21 days to break a habit.

As you sleep tonight, think of a bad habit you want to stop or a good habit you want to develop, and by New Years' Day you'll have something you can be proud of insha-Allah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Mufarridun
01-31-2011, 04:04 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

He has succeeded who purifies it,
And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].
(91: 9-10)

Flame of Hope
02-16-2011, 02:27 AM
I wish there was more information on how to break a habit. Any hadiths or teachings of imams regarding this?

BeTheChange
10-29-2014, 10:01 PM
1) Identify and acknowledge the bad deed
2) Have the intention you will break the habit or bad deed
3) Find a solution of how to break the bad habit
4) Stick to the plan and be consistent In sha Allah
5) Reward yourself :-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
10-30-2014, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting Nafs
1) Identify and acknowledge the bad deed
2) Have the intention you will break the habit or bad deed
3) Find a solution of how to break the bad habit
4) Stick to the plan and be consistent In sha Allah
5) Reward yourself :-)
You should be well practiced in this ;D as your call sign would imply, fighting nafs.

It really is how badly do you want to stop the bad habit and what you are willing to do/sacrifise etc for its achievement. Nothing anyone can do for you on these matters if it is not in your desire to do it.

Like for me it is cigarettes. I have stopped before, cold turkey because I WANTED TO DO IT, and I did..... for 9 months. I thought I DID IT and relaxed for one evening when I was out with close friends and had my first stick..... all the good work was undone! Now I cannot sum up the desire to do it again, but if I did it this time, I have learnt NOT to have that one stick. Stopping is stopping... I deluded myself and failed as a result.

Peace :shade:

greenhill
10-30-2014, 02:58 AM
But on another note, I have learnt in one of a training program I attended that (as a next step or one in conjunction with breaking the bad habit) that it takes 90 days to build a good habit. :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!