12-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Salam alaikum,

What happens to pets, when they die?

A Sheikh told me, he believes they will turn to dust - is that true? imsad

Can anyone give me evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah?:scared:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
According to my personal understanding,the Noble Sheikh is right in saying "They will turn to dust".Actually,animals have no control on their nature,they cant change them selves like we humans do.For example,Lion is a beast,it eats innocent animals so his fate should be burning in the hell.But lion cant change itself in order to go to heaven.He cant start eating fruits or doing something good with other animals.He will remain like that.If a cow is a noble and helpful animal,thats not what she choose for herself,Allah swt create her for that purpose.They all are bound by their nature,they cant change their selves.And if they are not responsible for their actions,would that be justice to burn some in hell and send some in Paradise :) That is why majority of Ulema's believe that they will turn to dust once again.

As an aside,im also sad to know that my cute cows and naughty goats will turn to dust but obviously,i dont want them to graze all my gardens in Paradise :p

Amoeba
12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
So, in paradise there will be NO animals? And by that same logic, no plants either?

Is that correct or is that wrong?

Endymion
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
We cant say "No animals".May be there were some cute birds and plants for sure.I read about olives and dates and some other fruits in Quran.And the ayah said they will be hanging in the trees :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amoeba
12-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Mmmmm I don't get it, I thought they all turn to dust?

Dagless
12-10-2010, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
For example,Lion is a beast,it eats innocent animals so his fate should be burning in the hell.But lion cant change itself in order to go to heaven.He cant start eating fruits or doing something good with other animals.
We eat innocent animals too!

Alpha Dude
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
So, in paradise there will be NO animals? And by that same logic, no plants either?

Is that correct or is that wrong?
I don't think that is a valid conclusion. Just because the animals from this world won't be going into paradise, doesn't mean there won't be other creatures there.... things we've never seen before or even creatures we have seen but enhanced/changed. Allah knows best.

Beardo
12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
As far as plants are concerned, you get a tree in Jannah when you say Subhanallah and Alhamdulillah etc.

I heard animals just give account of if any human wronged them or favored them, then get turned to dust.

Anyhow, please make dua I go to Jannah straightaway without any accountability. I want to take a ride on Mahmud, my flying Jannati elephant. :) He is sooo cool. He has wings. And it's sort of like a roller coaster. But he can also give pleasure rides. Anyway, it's hard to describe on this forum. Actually, on this world. I'll show you guys up there insha-Allah, when we're all having our IslamicBoard Jannati reunion.

Ramadhan
12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'll show you guys up there insha-Allah, when we're all having our IslamicBoard Jannati reunion.
May Allah make it come true. Ameen!!

Alpha Dude
12-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Ameen. It's a lovely idea. InshaAllah we all make it there. I'd love to have the opportunity to cyberbully Rashad in Jannah.

Beardo
12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Ameen. It's a lovely idea. InshaAllah we all make it there. I'd love to have the opportunity to cyberbully Rashad in Jannah.
Haven't you already done enough to satisfy both worlds? =___=

On the bright side, I'll have protection against zAk attacks, FULL administration power as head admin, and best of all: MY rules. Which means, ANYONE and EVERYONE can SPAM! :D

S.Belle
12-10-2010, 03:26 PM
for the pet question
(b) It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn Buraydah from his father that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be horses in Paradise?” He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will not wish that you could be carried on a horse of red rubies which will fly wherever you want in Paradise, but that will happen.” And another man asked him, “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be camels in Paradise?” but he did not say something like he had said to his companion. He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will have therein whatever your heart desires and will delight your eyes.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2543. Classd as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 3/522.

so i guess they turn to dust but you can see them in paradies inshallah

format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba
So, in paradise there will be NO animals? And by that same logic, no plants either? Is that correct or is that wrong?
Will there be animals in Al-Jannat?.

Praise be to Allaah.
The animals that will be in Paradise according to the reports are of three types:
1 – Specific animals which it is said will themselves be in Paradise, such as the dog of the people of the Cave and the she-camel of Saalih (peace be upon him). There are no saheeh reports concerning them.
2 – Those which are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, which Allaah has prepared for the believers in Paradise, whether they are mentioned in specific terms, such as the birds of which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And with the flesh of fowls that they desire”
[al-Waaqi’ah 56:21]
or mentioned in general terms, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And We shall provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire”
[al-Toor 52:22]
Another example is the bull which Allaah has prepared as food for the people of Paradise, as was narrated from Thawbaan the freed slave of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “I was standing by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when one of the Jewish rabbis came and said, ‘Peace be upon you, O Muhammad,’ and I pushed him back so hard that he nearly fell over… He (the Jew) said: ‘What would be their food after this?’ He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: ‘A bull which was fed in the different quarters of Paradise would be
slaughtered for them’…” Narrated by Muslim, 315.
3 – Those animals which have been specifically mentioned in the saheeh Sunnah, which will be in Paradise. These include:
(a) It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray in the sheep pens and wipe their dust (raghaam), for they are among the animals of Paradise.”
Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 2/449; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3789.
Raghaam means dust (as translated here). The word has also been narrated as ra’aam, which refers to the mucus that comes from the sheep’s nose. What is meant is to wipe the dust from it, or wipe away what comes from its nose, so as to look after it and take care of it. This was the view of al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer.
(b) It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: A man brought a bridled she-camel and said, “This is for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will have seven hundred she-camels in return on the Day of Resurrection, each of them bridled.” Narrated by Muslim, 1892.
Al-Nawawi said: What is meant by makhtoomah (bridled) is that it has a khitaam (bridle) on it, which is like a halter. And it was said that that it may be understood as meaning that he will have the reward of giving seven hundred she-camels, or it may be understood as it appears to be, and that he will have seven hundred she-camels in Paradise, each of them bridled, and he will be able to ride them wherever he wants, for pleasure, as was narrated concerning the horses and camels (nujab) of Paradise. This interpretation is more clear. And Allaah knows best.
Sharh al-Nawawi, 13/38.
The ahaadeeth about the camels and horses to which al-Nawawi referred are as follows
(a) It was narrated from Abu Ayyoob that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will visit one another on white camels as if they are rubies, and there are no animals in Paradise apart from camels and birds.”
Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 4/179.
Al-Haythami said: This was narrated by al-Tabaraani. Its isnaad includes Jaabir ibn Nooh who is da’eef (weak). Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 10/413. It was also classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’, 1833.
(b) It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn Buraydah from his father that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be horses in Paradise?” He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will not wish that you could be carried on a horse of red rubies which will fly wherever you want in Paradise, but that will happen.” And another man asked him, “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be camels in Paradise?” but he did not say something like he had said to his companion. He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will have therein whatever your heart desires and will delight your eyes.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2543. Classd as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 3/522.
A similar report was also narrated by Abu Ayyoob from al-Tirmidhi, 2544; and also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, 3/423.
And it was narrated in saheeh ahaadeeth that the souls of the martyrs are in the crops of birds in Paradise which fly wherever they want.
It should be noted that the birds, horses and camels in Paradise are not the same as those in this world; they resemble them in name only. What they are really like is known only to Allaah. But we know that they are extremely beautiful, because they are one of the delights that Allaah has prepared for His close friends in Paradise. This was indicated by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth quoted above, in which it says that the horses of Paradise are of red rubies, and will fly with their rider wherever he wants.
We ask Allaah to bless us and admit us to Paradise by His mercy, for He is the Most Generous.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/14404

Endymion
12-10-2010, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
We eat innocent animals too!
The way lion do ^o)

Mila.
Jazakallahu Khairan for the informative post sis :)

Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
JazakhAllah kheir sister Mila for your effort *hug* I love Islam Q&A too *hehe* But I cannot find a fatwa there regarding pets, I mean, cats for instance. So I wonder, what the basis is, that in Islam it is said that those animals, which are so beloved to us, will turn to dust...

I mean Abu Huraira is called like that because of his cats, does that mean, he will never again see his beloved cats?

It is not, that I don't believe it, but as a revert coming from "Christianity" I know that the people say, that also the animals will go to heaven, that's why I am so astonished.

And .... what does "OLIVE YOU!" mean? *lol*

Perseveranze
12-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Allah(swt) Knows, but atleast the Quran clearly mentions you get to see your loved one's Inshallah :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Nuha38318
JazakhAllah kheir sister Mila for your effort *hug* I love Islam Q&A too *hehe* But I cannot find a fatwa there regarding pets, I mean, cats for instance. So I wonder, what the basis is, that in Islam it is said that those animals, which are so beloved to us, will turn to dust...

I mean Abu Huraira is called like that because of his cats, does that mean, he will never again see his beloved cats?

It is not, that I don't believe it, but as a revert coming from "Christianity" I know that the people say, that also the animals will go to heaven, that's why I am so astonished.

And .... what does "OLIVE YOU!" mean? *lol*
Did you know Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) had a cat aswell and he loved that cat.

Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh, I didn't know that!! Thank you for that sweet info *happy*

In sha Allah we will all see our loved one's *smile*

Ramadhan
12-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Isn't there also a hadith that says all animals sacrificed for qurban will go to jannah?

Endymion
12-11-2010, 04:51 AM

Anyhow, please make dua I go to Jannah straightaway without any accountability.
May Allah swt bless you with success in both Dunya and Aakhirah and you will succeed in every test of your life (and in the life after) with flying colors.Amen.
Its truly a pleasure to see young people care about the deeyn so much :) Keep me in your doaa :)

I want to take a ride on Mahmud, my flying Jannati elephant. :) He is sooo cool. He has wings. And it's sort of like a roller coaster. But he can also give pleasure rides. Anyway, it's hard to describe on this forum. Actually, on this world. I'll show you guys up there insha-Allah, when we're all having our IslamicBoard Jannati reunion
I guess you are talking about "Dumbo" :p

Endymion
12-11-2010, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze

Did you know Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) had a cat aswell and he loved that cat.
I read biographies of the beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW from different writers but never came across this :ooh:
Plz say something more about this.

Nuha38318
12-11-2010, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Isn't there also a hadith that says all animals sacrificed for qurban will go to jannah?
Does anyone know about that hadith?

Anyway, my cat is not a Qurbani :P

Perseveranze
12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
I read biographies of the beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW from different writers but never came across this :ooh:
Plz say something more about this.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I just did a quick search, found these 2 -

Muezza (or Mu'izza) (Arabic: معزة‎) is said to have been the Islamic prophet Muhammad's favorite cat.[1] According to legend, Muhammad one day awoke at the sound of the call to prayer. Preparing to attend, he began to clothe himself; however, he soon discovered Muezza sleeping on the sleeve of his robe. Rather than wake her, he used a pair of scissors to cut the sleeve off, leaving the cat undisturbed; when he returned from prayers, the prophet received a bow from Muezza in thanks. He then stroked his beloved cat three times. The accuracy of this story is not clear, as no references to it are made in the Quran or the hadith.
It is also believed that when Muhammad gave sermons within his household, he would often hold Muezza in his lap.[2] Further anecdotes state that Muhammad sometimes used water that Muezza had drunk from for wudu.[3] Due primarily to the love Muhammad displayed for Muezza, Muslims are traditionally encouraged to regard cats as lovable and cherished creatures. Mistreating an animal is seen as among the most severe of all crimes in Islam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muezza

Muezza (Arabic: مویزا) was the Prophet Muhammad's favorite cat. The most famous story about Muezza recounts how the call to prayer was given, and as Muhammad went to put on one of his robes, he found his cat sleeping on one of the sleeves. Instead of disturbing the cat he cut off the sleeve and let him sleep. When Muhammad returned Muezza awoke and bowed down to him, and in return Muhammad stroked him three times.

There is also a story between a Cat & Prophet Muhammad:
The prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him) was reading from the Qur'an, the holy book, to a large group of eager listeners in the desert. A sickly cat walked up to Muhammad (peace be unto him), sat down on the hem of his very precious robe and went to sleep.

All day the prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him) shared talk with the believers, the sun rising to its greatest strength and falling again, and none of the assembly, nor the prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him), moved from this place. The cat as well remained asleep and still, healing in the way cats do, in the protection of the prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him) and the softness of his robe.

At last, the day was coming to its end and all, along with the prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him), were now to return to their dwelling places for the night.

Without a word, the prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him) took a knife, cut off the hem of his robe on which the sick cat still lay sleeping, destroying the finest of robes, and left the cat undisturbed.
I'm sure there might be more with some more extensive research. Anyways, it's a lovely story, the Prophet(pbuh) was such a caring person to all living creatures. If I ever get a pet and it's a cat, I'm gonna name it Muezza :)

Nuha38318
12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Awe, that is so cute!

JazakhAllah kheir for sharing those stories :)

P.S.: Don't buy a cat, it is said, is is forbidden, that is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

Endymion
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Further anecdotes state that Muhammad sometimes used water that Muezza had drunk from for wudu.[
This one is really hard for me to digest bcoz we wash our faces with that water and put it in our mouths.Im suspicious about this one ^o).Even im very sensitive about this one so its hard for me to even imagine that Muhammad SAW used that water for his wudhu :hmm:

Any way,thanks for sharing.This is really pleasant for cat lovers :D

Nuha38318
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
With regards to cats not being naajis, this is known from the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who said that Abu Qutaadah – her husband's father – entered upon her and she poured water for him to do wudoo’, and a cat came to drink from it, so he tipped the vessel for it to drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and said, “Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis, rather they are of those who go around amongst you.”’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; al-Nasaa’i, 68; Abu Dawood, 75; Ibn Maajah, 367. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. Ibn Hajar narrated in al-Talkhees that al-Bukhaari classed it as saheeh).

Islam Q&A, fatwa 7004

Narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

Islam Q&A, fatwa no. 22373

But I guess it also depends on where your cat goes. When my cat went outside into the garden where also dogs went and did their business there, I wouldn't have shared my water or food with her. But now that she is always inside, why not? :)

Endymion
12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
With regards to cats not being naajis, this is known from the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who said that Abu Qutaadah – her husband's father – entered upon her and she poured water for him to do wudoo’, and a cat came to drink from it, so he tipped the vessel for it to drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and said, “Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis, rather they are of those who go around amongst you.”’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; al-Nasaa’i, 68; Abu Dawood, 75; Ibn Maajah, 367. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. Ibn Hajar narrated in al-Talkhees that al-Bukhaari classed it as saheeh).

Islam Q&A, fatwa 7004

Narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and elsewhere, which says that a woman brought some hareesah (a kind of food) to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and found her praying. (‘Aa’ishah) gestured to her that she should put it down. Then a cat came and ate some of it. When ‘Aa’ishah had finished praying, she ate from where the cat had eaten and said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘They (cats) are not naajis (impure), rather they are among those who go around among you (al-tawwaafeena ‘alaykum).’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) doing wudoo’ with water from which a cat had drunk.”

Islam Q&A, fatwa no. 22373

But I guess it also depends on where your cat goes. When my cat went outside into the garden where also dogs went and did their business there, I wouldn't have shared my water or food with her. But now that she is always inside, why not? :)
Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing sis :) I thought all cats are Najasun but now i came to know that home cats are ok to share water and meal with :D
Actually,i dont have a cat as pet,the cats arrive in my house (some times) are street cats,thats why i dont let them being frank with me :p

Nuha38318
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing sis :) I thought all cats are Najasun but now i came to know that home cats are ok to share water and meal with :D
Actually,i dont have a cat as pet,the cats arrive in my house (some times) are street cats,thats why i dont let them being frank with me :p
Wa eyak! But I think it means ALL cats are Islamically pure, because neither the hadith nor the fatwas state that only home cats are pure and as long as it is not stated otherwise.... but my last sentence was rather from the hygienic point of view. I guess at the time of Rasul Allah, sal Allahu alayhi wa salam, the streets and ways were a bit more ..... hygienic?

I don't know where you live, we don't have street cats where I live, but if I were in Greece or Spain where they have too many, I also wouldn't share my bowl with them +o(

Beardo
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
May Allah swt bless you with success in both Dunya and Aakhirah and you will succeed in every test of your life (and in the life after) with flying colors.Amen.
Its truly a pleasure to see young people care about the deeyn so much :) Keep me in your doaa :)

I guess you are talking about "Dumbo" :p
AMEENNN!

And LOL! That's what I was alluding to, but insha-Allah it'll be something better! :p

Nuha38318
12-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Ok, an Imam from Ireland told me this aya says, animals will turn to dust:

Verily, We have warned you of a near torment, the Day when man will see that (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the disbeliever will say: "I wish I would have been dust." (Surah An-Naba' 78:40)

He said: When you read the tafseer you will find that in a hadeeth the prophet saaws mentioned that all creatures get justice and the weaker animal will get its right from the stronger one which oppressed it in the dunya then Allah orders them to become dust after they have had thier justice. When the kuffar see that, they say "we wish we were like these animals and we end as dust!"

In sha Allah he will send me the hadith tomorrow!

But he also said, I can wish for my cat in Paradise, so in sha Allah ...

Endymion
12-14-2010, 08:49 AM
AMEENNN!

And LOL! That's what I was alluding to, but insha-Allah it'll be something better! :p
Watch out of my flying carpet :D

Endymion
12-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Wa eyak! But I think it means ALL cats are Islamically pure, because neither the hadith nor the fatwas state that only home cats are pure and as long as it is not stated otherwise.... but my last sentence was rather from the hygienic point of view. I guess at the time of Rasul Allah, sal Allahu alayhi wa salam, the streets and ways were a bit more ..... hygienic?
(
The bold part of your post worth rupees million $ dear sis :)
Ofcourse every thing belongs to that time was pure,hygenic,chaste and lovely,even the dust becoz they have had the touch of my dear and beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW.
And as we cant compare our cats with the cats of that time,thats why i dont allow cats to share my meal :D
But i do like to give the little kittens milk sometimes :statisfie
Ok, an Imam from Ireland told me this aya says, animals will turn to dust:

Verily, We have warned you of a near torment, the Day when man will see that (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the disbeliever will say: "I wish I would have been dust." (Surah An-Naba' 78:40)

He said: When you read the tafseer you will find that in a hadeeth the prophet saaws mentioned that all creatures get justice and the weaker animal will get its right from the stronger one which oppressed it in the dunya then Allah orders them to become dust after they have had thier justice. When the kuffar see that, they say "we wish we were like these animals and we end as dust!"

In sha Allah he will send me the hadith tomorrow!

But he also said, I can wish for my cat in Paradise, so in sha Allah ...
Thats wonderful :statisfie
Hope i will meet your cat over there :D

Perseveranze
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

The Prophet(pbuh) at the time was laughed at, because giving slaves rights was one thing, but to give it to animals aswell was another. He used to tell people not to overload a camel or burden it with work it can't comfortably handle etc.

It's the small things like this that really make me stop and think to highly appreciate such a great man. I'd have said "greatest" but I don't want to differentiate between the Prophet's as Allah(swt) has forbidden us to.

Nuha38318
05-04-2011, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I just did a quick search, found these 2 -

I'm sure there might be more with some more extensive research. Anyways, it's a lovely story, the Prophet(pbuh) was such a caring person to all living creatures. If I ever get a pet and it's a cat, I'm gonna name it Muezza
Al-salamu alaikum wa rahmatAllah wa barakatuhu,

I asked a Saudi Fatwa-Site and got following reply:

Salam alaikum,

On Wikipedia it says, the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa salam, had a cat called Muezza. When the cat came to him and lay on his garment, he cut of the sleeve of the garment, so the cat continued sleeping and he could leave. Is that true?

Salam alaikum

Nuha
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Answer:

All Praise is for Allah.

We have not seen any hadith which proves that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had a cat and the rest of the story. Apparently it is false and there is no need to resort to it to prove the compassion of the Prophet (peace be upon him) for animals. There are authentic hadiths which prove that, e.g. the hadith which mentions the Prophet (peace be upon him) letting a cat drink water from a vessel etc.

Allah knows best.

IslamQ&A, Fatwa No. 163897

selsebil
05-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Salam alaikum,

What happens to pets, when they die?

A Sheikh told me, he believes they will turn to dust - is that true? imsad

Can anyone give me evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah?:scared:
Wa alaikum salam,

Scholar Bediuzzaman Said NUrsi says:

" It is understood from sound narrations that the spirits of animals will live eternally, and that certain individual animals, like the Hudhud of Solomon (PUH) and his ants, Salih’s (PUH) she-camel, and the dog of the Companions of the Cave, will go to the eternal realm with both their spirits and their bodies, and that each species will have a single body that may be utilized from time to time. This is also demanded by wisdom and reality, and mercy and sovereignty."

Futuwwa
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Here's from sunnipath. Not allowed to post links yet.

Question:

My cat that I have had and loved for 15 years just passed away and I was wondering what happens to animals once they pass away?? do they go to paradise? Also we chose for him to have a natural death at home on warm bedding instead of being euthanized at the vet...did we make the right choice even though he was really suffering?

Answer:

Walaikum assalam,

By clear Qur'anic text, you'll have whatever you wish for in Paradise. Thus, if you wish to have your cat in paradise, it will be with you, in the best of states.

But be sure to get there!

Faraz Rabbani

Awesome fatwa is awesome :D

Nuha38318
05-05-2011, 10:54 AM
BarakAllah feek Futuwwa - good news! Alhamdulillah!

Skunkman
05-08-2011, 10:31 AM
So yes or no? I don't get it. Simple answer, not that good in english. :(

Skunkman
05-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Since when did animals have no soul? O.o Trees also have souls, animals also have souls and they will go to paradise I heard.

Futuwwa
05-09-2011, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skunkman
So yes or no? I don't get it. Simple answer, not that good in english. :(
In simple terms: If you get to Jannah, you will have everything you want there. Including any pets you want to bring along. :)

Skunkman
05-09-2011, 10:26 AM
But will they have souls or not? What about trees?

I don't think it would be perfect if I had my wife in jannah, and she had no soul. :O

Futuwwa
05-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, of course she has one. Though, in her case she would have to earn salvation on her own, she wouldn't just be there because you wish her to be there.

Nuha38318
05-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Settling of scores among the animals on the Day of Resurrection

I have heard that there will be a settling of scores among the animals on the Day of Resurrection. Is this true? If it is true, how will that be done if they are not accountable?

Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – in a hadeeth that has many corroborating reports and isnaads – that he said: “Allaah will judge between His creation, jinn, men and animals. On that Day, Allaah will let the hornless animal settle its score with the horned until, when there is nothing left to be settled, Allaah will say to them, ‘Be dust.’ At that point the kaafir will say, ‘Would that I were dust.’”

(Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, no. 1966)

Among the versions of this hadeeth which we may mention are the following:

· “All creatures will settle the scores between them, even the hornless animal with the horned one, and even one ant with another)

· It was narrated from Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting, and two sheep locked horns until one of them defeated and subdued the other. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled and someone asked him, “Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “It is amazing. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, their score will be settled on the Day of Resurrection.”

· “O Abu Dharr, do you know what they are fighting over?” He said, “No.” He said, “But Allaah knows and He will judge between them.”

Al-Nawawi said in Sharh Muslim, under the hadeeth of al-tarjumah:

“This clearly indicates that the animals will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection and that they will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection like humans who are accountable, and as children, the insane, and those whom the call did not reach will also be resurrected. There is also evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah to support that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the wild beasts shall be gathered together”
[al-Takweer 81:5]

If there is a phrase in a text of sharee’ah whose apparent meaning is not impossible whether according to sharee’ah or reason, then it must be interpreted according to its apparent meaning. The scholars said: reward and punishment are not essential features of the gathering and the resurrection. The settling of scores between the hornless and horned animals is not based on accountability, because they are not held accountable, rather it is retaliation in kind for the sake of justice. And Allaah knows best.”

Shaykh ‘Ali al-Qaari quoted him in al-Murqaah (4/761) as saying:
“If it is said that a sheep is not accountable, how can scores be settled with it? (Our response is) that Allaah does as He wills, and He cannot be questioned as to what He does. The point is to demonstrate to people that rights will not be neglected, rather the rights of the oppressed will be settled at the expense of the oppressor”

al-Qaari’ said: “This is a good point. The point is that this settling of scores points in the most eloquent manner to the perfect justice with which all those who are accountable will be dealt. If this is the situation with regard to animals who are not accountable, then how about those who possess reason, lowly and noble, strong and weak?”

See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, p. 612

Islam Q&A, fatwa no. 10673
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

DippedinJannah
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I have heard from many sources that animals will rise up on the day of judgement and testify for or against us. If you were kind to an animal, that animal's voice will speak for you. If you were cruel to an animal, that animal's voice will testify against you.

Interestingly, the same is believed about the Earth itself. Those who pollute stream, etc. will find the Earth testifying against them.

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DippedinJannah
I have heard from many sources that animals will rise up on the day of judgement and testify for or against us. If you were kind to an animal, that animal's voice will speak for you. If you were cruel to an animal, that animal's voice will testify against you.

Interestingly, the same is believed about the Earth itself. Those who pollute stream, etc. will find the Earth testifying against them.
Well in that case, I have 3 dogs that will say I am a good man, and a turtle that will not (sorry, turtle, that I was a stupid 9 year old kid who forgot to feed you for a week).

I do hope to see my dogs again on the other side.

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
The animals that will be in Paradise according to the reports are of three types:
1 – Specific animals which it is said will themselves be in Paradise, such as the dog of the people of the Cave and the she-camel of Saalih (peace be upon him). There are no saheeh reports concerning them.
2 – Those which are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, which Allaah has prepared for the believers in Paradise, whether they are mentioned in specific terms, such as the birds of which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And with the flesh of fowls that they desire”
[al-Waaqi’ah 56:21]
or mentioned in general terms, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And We shall provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire”
[al-Toor 52:22]
Another example is the bull which Allaah has prepared as food for the people of Paradise, as was narrated from Thawbaan the freed slave of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “I was standing by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when one of the Jewish rabbis came and said, ‘Peace be upon you, O Muhammad,’ and I pushed him back so hard that he nearly fell over… He (the Jew) said: ‘What would be their food after this?’ He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: ‘A bull which was fed in the different quarters of Paradise would be
slaughtered for them’…” Narrated by Muslim, 315.
3 – Those animals which have been specifically mentioned in the saheeh Sunnah, which will be in Paradise. These include:
(a) It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray in the sheep pens and wipe their dust (raghaam), for they are among the animals of Paradise.”
Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 2/449; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3789.
Raghaam means dust (as translated here). The word has also been narrated as ra’aam, which refers to the mucus that comes from the sheep’s nose. What is meant is to wipe the dust from it, or wipe away what comes from its nose, so as to look after it and take care of it. This was the view of al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer.
(b) It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: A man brought a bridled she-camel and said, “This is for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will have seven hundred she-camels in return on the Day of Resurrection, each of them bridled.” Narrated by Muslim, 1892.
Al-Nawawi said: What is meant by makhtoomah (bridled) is that it has a khitaam (bridle) on it, which is like a halter. And it was said that that it may be understood as meaning that he will have the reward of giving seven hundred she-camels, or it may be understood as it appears to be, and that he will have seven hundred she-camels in Paradise, each of them bridled, and he will be able to ride them wherever he wants, for pleasure, as was narrated concerning the horses and camels (nujab) of Paradise. This interpretation is more clear. And Allaah knows best.
Sharh al-Nawawi, 13/38.
The ahaadeeth about the camels and horses to which al-Nawawi referred are as follows
(a) It was narrated from Abu Ayyoob that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will visit one another on white camels as if they are rubies, and there are no animals in Paradise apart from camels and birds.”
Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 4/179.
Al-Haythami said: This was narrated by al-Tabaraani. Its isnaad includes Jaabir ibn Nooh who is da’eef (weak). Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 10/413. It was also classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’, 1833.
A similar report was also narrated by Abu Ayyoob from al-Tirmidhi, 2544; and also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, 3/423.
And it was narrated in saheeh ahaadeeth that the souls of the martyrs are in the crops of birds in Paradise which fly wherever they want.
It should be noted that the birds, horses and camels in Paradise are not the same as those in this world; they resemble them in name only. What they are really like is known only to Allaah. But we know that they are extremely beautiful, because they are one of the delights that Allaah has prepared for His close friends in Paradise. This was indicated by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth quoted above, in which it says that the horses of Paradise are of red rubies, and will fly with their rider wherever he wants
i found this article on animals in paradise

syed1
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I scholar told me that this is land (earth) is the land of the animals and they will abide. Hence, we are just travellers passing through their land .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!