/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

b4cz28
12-16-2010, 04:32 AM
I was doing some reading and I was trying to learn how to convert to Islam...I found this..am I on the right track or should I meet face to face with someone?

“I testify that none has the right to worship except Allah (God), and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
12-16-2010, 06:55 AM
yes all you need to do is say the shahada and act according to islam it would be better to also say it infront of muslim so they can help you in saying it and also help you get started but dont delay it say it asap
Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha il-la-l-laah"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah
"wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulul-laah" and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
you need to say it in arabic as well

please read through the links in my signature Pillars of Islam AND Pillars of Iman you should begin with this link here Belief in Allah i hope this is of benefit for you and it says you from texas if this is right let me know Insha Allah

Endymion
12-16-2010, 07:24 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the Deeyn of peace and to the humble forum :statisfie
First of all congratulations for finding out the right path.May Allah swt guide you,help you and make your life easy for you.Amen.

I think its enough to say shahadah to enter in Islam but to follow the teaching correctly,you better visit the nearest Masjid/Islamic centre.

And obviously,your brothers and sisters in Islam are here to help you :statisfie

b4cz28
12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Thank You All very much! I am going to my local center today. Yes I do live in Texas, I was born and rasied here and have been a Texas Peace Officer for the last five years, I believe its a great place to live.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by b4cz28
Thank You All very much! I am going to my local center today. Yes I do live in Texas, I was born and rasied here and have been a Texas Peace Officer for the last five years, I believe its a great place to live.
Welcome to Islam and to the forums. Reverting to Islam is like returning home. I'm a former Texan. Lived there on 7 or 8 different times. Mostly in the Valley, but also in Austin, Palestine, Waskom, Oakwood and the big city of Tennessee Colony. Yes the town-- not one of the State Resorts that surround it. Had one of those signs in front of my house that read "Hitchhikers may be escaping inmates" Always wanted to put on an orange jump suit and try hitch hiking standing under the sign, but I resisted the temptation.

Rafeeq
12-16-2010, 06:48 PM
:sl:
Welcome to Islam, ya akhee. Do you know, you are free of any sins today like you just got birth. I wish I could see your face which is now protacted from hell fire now. May Allah bless all of us and guide us to the right path and doings. (Amen)

Ramadhan
12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Alhamdulillah.

Once you testified the Shahadah, and you believe it strongly by heart, you are already a muslim.
However, in accordance with sunnah, you need to do it in front of other muslims, and so they can also help you learning your deen.
Remember Islam is a way of life, and it takes your lifetime to learn it.
I am a born muslim and yet I am still learning something new each time.

As mentioned above, from the moment you made your shahada, you are like a newborn, your past mistakes and sins have been erased and forgiven Insha Allah.
So use this very very special moment to make as much du'a/supplications as sincerely as you can to Allah SWT, to always guide you on the straight path, to make your eeman grow stronger, to give you safety and success in this world and hereafter, to keep away the fires of hell and to put you into jannah along with other mu'mineen, etc.

learn Islam in your own pace, and implement what you learn into your life.
May Allah always guide you on the straight path, my brother. Amiin

Hamza Asadullah
12-19-2010, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by b4cz28
Asalaamu Alaikum my brother and congratulations. I wanted to give you this gift which is an E book on everything you need to know on the basics of Islam and it includes how to pray Salaah, do ablution and bath the proper Islamic way and much more. You can print it out and read it in your own time and it is a very easy read.

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/free_...m_children.pdf

If you need anything or have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!