/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Student! Questions!.....

muslimah_91
12-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi I am a Nursing Student and i had a question.
Right now i work as a nurse assistant, and sometimes we
assist the elderly take showers. We don't help them unless they ask.
Well sometimes i have they assign the workers randomly to men. My mother
says it is haram! to see the privates of a man. If it is apart of my job
and future career. What can I DO?:hmm:

-Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-26-2010, 11:58 PM
:sl:

Your mom is right. I'm not sure how to help you. :skeleton:

Have you asked what might happen if you refuse? I think I might know the answer for this one but you should just check.

IAmZamzam
01-05-2011, 06:22 PM
There are always jobs that require people to see other people naked, mostly medical ones. As long as you don't find yourself likely to get turned on by the sight of genitalia that old (I sure wouldn't), I don't think there's a problem. Don't you teach yourselves in the medical profession to detach yourself or something? I mean, male gynecologists must have some sort of trick, I figured it was a universal thing. Somebody's got to do the job; are you going to say, "Nope, just leave the philanthropy and life-saving to the heathens, they're the only people worthy of it?"

bintYahya
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
:wa:

I was recently working in a nursing home for old people (severe dementia, ALS, i.e. not too many were independent in taking care of their hygiene, for example), and I had to think about all these problems a Muslim in a non-Muslim country has to face in the nursing profession. I was told I really don't have an option to refuse to do something because I made the choice to become a nurse knowing what is included... but this is in my country.

I know it is haram to see or touch any non-Mahram man but what was I going to do, leave them lying in their own waste? Besides, we had all female staff and I'm sure the laws of God apply to all mankind, so should I do it myself or transfer it to someone else? And would the old person, in this intimate matter, prefer great Islamic ethics and respect or whatever the others have to offer? I don't everything is so black and white so we can use the common sense we were given. And God knows the best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
laaib11
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
might be wise to visit a scholar whom you know, someone who is local and is aware of these things so can give measured advice.

until then, as the scholars say, fear Allah as much as you can.

nature
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
:sl:

Its not like you can pick and choose who you treat is it ? if in the future your wanting to move up the ladder, then your expected to treat everyone the same whatever sex that person is. As long as your not thinking anything inappropriate, then i wouldnt worry, your intentions are to help someone, and allah knows your intentions are good, not bad.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!