/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teaching children a second language - Help!!

Raaina
12-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Asalaam alaykum,

I've been studying for my TEFL certificate. Coming to the end of my course almost, it suggests you draw pictures of character heros and animals to help children learn.

But, I thought it was forbidden in Islam to draw animals or people. So, do you have any suggestions as to what else you could draw to aid students to learn.

I don't want to get to a foreign country and cause offence :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
At the end of the day, you have to do what you have to do. And sometimes, for learning purposes... I mean, it all depends on intention.

I'm afraid to slam a direct opinion on the table, as I'm not a scholar. But I hope you get my drift.

And I heard something like if you don't draw the eyes, it's still cool. Not sure. Confirm with your local scholar. :x

S.Belle
12-27-2010, 10:01 PM
can you get actual pics online instead of drawing them?
or what if you got like a stuffed animal or hand puppet and like said this is Mr.Beary and he wants you to blah blah or Mr.Beary likes to sing his ABC's sing them with him....something like that...

~Raindrop~
12-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Shaikh Ahmad Ali's childrens books series have pictures...only the faces are totally blank. Or mostly, we can only see the characters' back. So maybe you could do something like that? Or a superhero with a humongous (and very imaginative) helmet that covers his entire face. <<Not too sure about that one though :><:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
It is essential to have children understand the names for Doctors, Policemen and other people. this can be done without drawing the person but concentrating on the clothing associated such as these:

gohar98
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
At the end of the day, you have to do what you have to do. And sometimes, for learning purposes... I mean, it all depends on intention.

I'm afraid to slam a direct opinion on the table, as I'm not a scholar. But I hope you get my drift.

And I heard something like if you don't draw the eyes, it's still cool. Not sure. Confirm with your local scholar. :x
Yeah you are right.

Raaina
12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies :)
Some useful information there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!